Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Faggins to start.... again

Quote:
When the Texans play Miami on Sunday, Texans cornerback DeMarcus Faggins will start opposite Jacques Reeves for the second consecutive game, meaning Fred Bennett has been relegated to nickel back.

In the 30-27 loss to Indianapolis, Faggins and Bennett played their best games this season.

“I’ve worked hard to get back to this point, and this is another challenge,” Faggins said after practice Friday.

Faggins, an original Texan who was selected in the sixth round of the 2002 draft, started eight games last season and struggled so badly he was benched. He was booed by fans and criticized by the media. After the season, Faggins was a long shot to make the team.
Quote:
“This (starting) is what they (coaches) decided. Some people might not like it, but this is what’s happened. All I want to do right now is help this team win. I’ll do whatever I can.”

Faggins’ return to the lineup comes at the expense of his friend, Bennett. As a rookie last season, Bennett started eight games and appeared to have the job locked up.

“They (coaches) said I wasn’t playing to the level of last year,” Bennett said. “That caught me off-guard, but I’m dealing with it. I’m going to work harder and get better. I’m angry about it, but who wouldn’t be? I know I can play. I think I proved that Sunday.”

Coming off the bench against the Colts, Bennett had three tackles, knocked down a pass and covered his man all over the field.

“That’s my best game this season, and I know I’ll play like that from here on out,” Bennett said. “Petey’s played well. He’s my guy. He and D-Rob (Dunta Robinson) showed me the ropes last season. We have a great relationship.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6052303.html

This is like a never ending nightmare, the guy finds a way to start every year. But now it's worst because we have him and his duplicate starting opposite of him, instead of D-Rob. Oh the horror.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-11-2008 at 01:55 AM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Faggins to start.... again

Faggins has played well this year

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

yea, I know... I'm just still suffering from the psychological effects from Lee Evans and that Falcons game last year. I just hope Bennett get out of his slump before Faggins inevitably get into his. If Faggins keep playing like he has though, then we might finally have a good problem to solve, once D-Rob comes back and Molden start getting into the groove.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not counting on Dunta this season. Hopefully Faggins, Reeves and Bennett can give us decent enough play...I've seen some good stuff from Reeves and Faggins even though there are obvious holes in both of their games.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #5
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

I believe Dunta is trying to come back too soon. I know he wants to play and we want him back but his injury was a severe one. I just can't see him being fully recovered this early in the season. But if the doctors clear him to play who am I to disagree. I just hope when he does come back he hasn't lost a step.
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So they benched Bennett instead of Reeves? Yeah, that sounds about right for our defensive coaches. As soon as Bennett has a good game, they bench him.
Old 10-11-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So they benched Bennett instead of Reeves? Yeah, that sounds about right for our defensive coaches. As soon as Bennett has a good game, they bench him.

He came off the bench last week, Faggins got the start last week too.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2008   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
You've got the order of events wrong.

The coaches benched Bennett and THEN he has his best game.

They bench Okoye and THEN he has his best game.

Odd how that works out. Hopefully, they actually figured something out and didn't just get lucky for one game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'm happy with benching players who aren't performing up to expectations from past performances if it makes them step up their game and improve. It seems that Bennett and Amobi are taking this as a challenge instead of pouting and demanding a trade.
Old 10-11-2008   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree. accountability.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read