Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-10-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up (#5)Texas Longhorns at (#1)Oklahoma Sooners

Good game on tomorrow, looking forward to it. I am interested in watching this Bradford kid, I haven't seen him play but have heard a lot of good things about him. Should be fun.

11:00am/ABC

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (#5)Texas Longhorns at (#1)Oklahoma Sooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Good game on tomorrow, looking forward to it. I am interested in watching this Bradford kid, I haven't seen him play but have heard a lot of good things about him. Should be fun.

11:00am/ABC
Intersted in watching Bradford? How about being interested in watching Arakpo and Lamaar Houston smother his ass!!!!

13 hours until the official kickoff and it's game time. Time to GIVE EM HELL!!!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Intersted in watching Bradford? How about being interested in watching Arakpo and Lamaar Houston smother his ass!!!!

13 hours until the official kickoff and it's game time. Time to GIVE EM HELL!!!!
I haven't seen him play so I want to see how good he really is. I'll be pulling for the Longhorns because in College I pull for all Texas teams especially when they play teams from Oklahoma.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Less than an hour to go! I can't freaking wait.

Hook 'em Baby!
Old 10-11-2008   #5
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

T-minus 30 minutes!!

I can't wait...should be a good game. Everyone knows OU has a good team this year w/ a great QB at the helm. Some don't realize how well TX has been playing. McCoy has played lights out so far and I love the way Wil Muschamp has a very young defense playing. It's anybody's game, but IMO, if anyone thinks OU is just going to run away w/ this one, they haven't really watched McCoy or the TX defense play under Muschamp.

The TX defensive line has been able to apply heavy pressure on all the opposing team so far...that will be a key. Can TX front four w/ Roy Miller & Orakpo still get to Bradford w/ OU's good Oline? Another key matchup IMO is the experienced WRs of OU against the two starting freshman safeties of TX. I've been very impressed w/ the way the two freshman have played so far, but they haven't faced a pass offense like this yet. Should be a good one!

HOOK 'EM Horns!!
Old 10-11-2008   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

OU is better at the skill positions (all of them in fact WR, TE, RB) so I'm giving them the edge.......Texas really doesn't even have a "go to/top" RB and that's going to hurt them. Their WRs while very solid aren't the NFL caliber WRs that Bradford is going to throwing to today either......it amazes me how Stoops always rolls in with this kinda talent (and I bet they're all from Texas too)....makes me sick.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

7-3 OU at the end of the 1st.

OU is getting a lot of pressure on McCoy. No running game so far either.

Texas isn't getting much pressure on Bradford at all, but the secondary has the WR's locked down. Bradford has been forced to tuck it and run about 5 times already.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2008   #8
Polo

I think Sooners will win unless UT defense can make some big plays...
Old 10-11-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
7-3 OU at the end of the 1st.

OU is getting a lot of pressure on McCoy. No running game so far either.

Texas isn't getting much pressure on Bradford at all, but the secondary has the WR's locked down. Bradford has been forced to tuck it and run about 5 times already.
As soon as I type this the 2nd quarter begins and OU goes straight down the field for another TD.

14-3
Old 10-11-2008   #10
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I think Sooners will win unless UT defense can make some big plays...
Or special teams...
Old 10-11-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Well it finally happened.

One of UT's freshman safeties busted a coverage & gave up a 52 yd TD to Gresham.
Old 10-11-2008   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

It only took 24 minutes for McCoy to get positive yards on a running play.
Old 10-11-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on, all you Aggies on the MB, get behind the Horns for one day!

Old 10-11-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

The Horns lack of running game is hurting them but McCoy is still finding his guys in the passing game.

21-17 OU.
Old 10-11-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Orakpo had that one sack, but I have seen him take ALOT of plays off.

Not just a few, ALOT.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Kindle with the pressure on Bradford & Earl Thomas redeems himself with the INT.
Old 10-11-2008   #17
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

Not just a few, ALOT.
BS, these guys dont take plays off

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #18
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

is it just me or does quan cosby look like a small version of andre johnson... just the way he catches the ball and keeps his feet moving when hes getting hit.. i like thim... lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Cosby is a very good WR.

His draft stock is hurt by the fact that he is 26 years old.
Old 10-11-2008   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

Not just a few, ALOT.
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I don't see that.

I underestimated Loadholt. He is doing a pretty good job on Orakpo. I've only seen Orakpo in the backfield 4 or 5 times so far.

Last edited by bah007; 10-11-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read