Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2004   #21
caspian
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to caspian Send a message via AIM to caspian Send a message via MSN to caspian Send a message via Yahoo to caspian

it's "rapport"

The best RB should play, period. One year shouldn't necessarily earn the next.
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004   #22
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

A quick note. DD was a sleeper last year. As I picked him up as a FA in week 2. Who woulda thunk he would oust Mack. This year DD is not a sleeper. He is a legitimate second-tier RB. He could possibly be a first tier depending on how well the line performs during preseason.

TH needs to work on
1.pass blocking
2.picking up a blitz
3.running between the tackles harder
4.breaking tackles
5.scaring DB's

I think TH is still in a developmental stage. I am sure we will see flashes of brilliance. I would like to see him put the defense on their heels. It became apparent to me last year that TH was mainly rushing outside. This makes it all to easy for the opposition, because they will cheat to the outside. He may get a couple runs by them, but without being a legitimate threat to take it the distance up the middle he will not beat out DD. Maybe I am being a little critical, but that is my assessment.
Old 05-30-2004   #23
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian
The best RB should play, period. One year shouldn't necessarily earn the next.
I fully agree with those statements

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004   #24
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm not so much worried about their "break away speed" comparison, but instead that i hope hollings can show he's a serious threat on sweeps and pitches to the outside. domanick simply isnt, the only times he successfully ran to the outside was with great blocking ... which with the addition of bruener/joppru/wade might actually happen a lot more frequently. anybody remember the patriots? we tried to send dd to the outside on the left, twice ... he just doesnt have it. i hope hollings proves capable and can stretch teams laterally when he's in the game.
Old 05-30-2004   #25
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
i'm not so much worried about their "break away speed" comparison, but instead that i hope hollings can show he's a serious threat on sweeps and pitches to the outside...
He has already proved that, remember against the Chiefs. He had 7 carries for 41 yards and a long of 15 that came on a sweep, and I remember another nice run on a sweep. Then they called a draw for him and he went through the hole standing up, got hit, fumbled, and then benched.

Here are the carries, I knew he had 2 nice runs

Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed left side for 15 yards.
Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed right side for 5 yards.
Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed left side for 14 yards.
Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed left side for 4 yards.
Tony Hollings (HOU) rushed up the middle for 1 yard.
Houston fumble by Tony Hollings (HOU), recovered by Dexter McCleon (KAN), returned for no gain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playby...meId=230921034

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs

Last edited by Fiddy; 05-30-2004 at 11:42 AM. Reason: 7 carries
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read