Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2004   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly Quotes

just a few lines from charlie during the astros game that if factual are very encouraging. "seth payne is fine" and went on to say that he'd be ready to start. "that's how we'll start" ... saying that Wand will be starting LT, Pitts at LG, and Wade RT.

if wand is that far along in his developement and with boseli's high remarks, that could be a great sign for our front line. especially here since the general consensus seems to be that Pitts would make a great guard but an average tackle (which i agree with). wade's a proven stud, wand has all the makings of a dominant tackle ... if they work out together we've got our bookends which makes carr a very happy & comfortable thrower.

and if payne's healthy, he's one of the best guys in the league that we could have starting at NT. he was our dominating run stopper the first season and shut down ricky & deuce last year until injury. if these two pieces of the puzzle are in place ... the big picture IMO is looking really really good.
Old 05-28-2004   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. If we hold it together (limited injuries), I think we are capable of surprising a bunch of teams.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds good, I didn't know Wand was that far along. Feels good to know we will have a young, strong O line for the next few years. Also good to know Carr should have more time to throw this year. All good news...
Old 05-29-2004   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Hopefully both of the satements mentioned are true. Payne will be the anchor in the middle that we need. And Wand was a risk, and a project coming into the league. Our coaching staff has done a great job to turn him around so quickly. We would have a top 10 O-Line if Wand is as good as we all hope.
Old 05-29-2004   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have heard mixed things about Payne. What I have read from Texans coaches is he will be ready for the beginning of the season, but from what I have read from other media sources is they think he will be 100% by mid season. I hope our coaches are right...
Old 05-29-2004   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I have heard mixed things about Payne. What I have read from Texans coaches is he will be ready for the beginning of the season, but from what I have read from other media sources is they think he will be 100% by mid season. I hope our coaches are right...
i would think that our coaching staff would know more about our team than the general media...regardless, casserley's words were very encouraging...hopefully wand makes a huge impact this season...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Where have you seen these media reports? Please post links as obviously there is a great deal of interest in this subject.
Old 05-29-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Somehow I doubt he will be truly 100% this year. Ready and able, yes, but not 100%. ACL's take two years to be 100%, or as close to it as they ever get. Less than 100% for a lineman isn't the same as for a RB. If nothing happens to re-injure it, he will likely be fine.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

First off let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love our owner, general manager, and coaches. I believe that every single one of them is doing everything possible to make sure that the Houston Texans become a winner.

Take that into account when I say that at this time last year Casserly was telling us that Tony was getting ready to come back and play LT just like we had expected him to be ready to go in 2002.

I know the situations are vastly different. I'm just taking a wait and see approach to almost anything I hear this time of year. Once training camp starts I'll put more weight in things like this. Once Wand has spent a couple of preseason games at LT and held his own I'll start feeling good about it. If he opens the season as our starting LT I'll be thrilled. If he can't win the job yet that's ok too. It's not like Chester Pitts hasn't been capable and we've got some guys who can play G.

I'll be happy if Wand can start at LT in 2005. Anything sooner is gravy.
Old 05-30-2004   #10
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Smile

Hervoyel, I agree with you. I think this year's practice sessions are going to be very competitive at a lot of positions and I wouldn't be surprised to see some unexpected cuts or demotions. We have some very new young raw talent that may step up to the plate in a surprising way. I look for some big time competition at the TE and WR positions. I think the return game is going to be fun to watch and the defensive side of the ball is going to be even more interesting with the coaching changes. Don't be surprised if we are a much more dominating team than our 1st year club was.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read