Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-08-2008   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pacman in a fight (PFT)

TURD ALERT!

REPORT: PACMAN GETS IN A FIGHT
Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 7:36 p.m. EDT
For those of you who had October 7 as the date on which cornerback Pacman Jones gets into trouble, it’s time to collect your prize.

According to CBS 11 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Jones got into a fight with a bodyguard on Tuesday night at an upscale Dallas hotel.

The team isn’t commenting on the situation.

Per the report, it was a “violent confrontation” in a bathroom. Patrons could clearly hear that a fight was occurring, and at least one mirror in the bathroom was broken. Jones reportedly left the hotel without paying his bar tab.

Ironically, Commissioner Roger Goodell met with the Cowboys on Wednesday. Goodell had this to say regarding Pacman:

“Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively. I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ts-in-a-fight/
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #2
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pacman in a fight (PFT)

Pac was probably getting thumped in that bathroom. A bodyguard is not like assaulting a woman like he's done in the past.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #3
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 15618 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this one of his assigned baby sitters or some other body guard for someone else? If it's a Jerra's Convict Club chaperon then there is a good chance we won't be hearing to much about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Hopefully the link works, it's only 3/4 of a mile long. Says it was one of Jerra's boys. Grabbed it off of Yahoo sports.

Last edited by ESAD2-14; 10-08-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added Yahoo link for story.
ESAD2-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #4
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

No joke I just cant beleive anybody can be as thick headed and dumb as Pacman Jones. He has had so many chances and he is in an ideal spot with the Cowboys and is going to screw it up! Man he is talented but he must have the IQ of a 6 year old!

In my opinion its no longer when he flames out but when!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #5
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to know....why does Pac Man need a bodyguard to use the restroom? Men don't intentionally use the bathroom at the same time (like ladies) do they?

Maybe they do things differently in Dullass.
Old 10-09-2008   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

They are saying he walked a tab. Jerry's bodyguard probably told him to pay up. Being a Boys fan, if this pans out, cut him now. But from what I've read there isn't much to this. The guy is a dumb@ss even being out in public that late and all.
Old 10-09-2008   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
No joke I just cant beleive anybody can be as thick headed and dumb as Pacman Jones. He has had so many chances and he is in an ideal spot with the Cowboys and is going to screw it up! Man he is talented but he must have the IQ of a 6 year old!

In my opinion its no longer when he flames out but when!
Hey now, no point in insulting 6 year olds. They can have very high IQ's. It is their survival skills that can be lacking. Now, if you had said the common sense of a two year old, I might be agreeing with you.
Old 10-09-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I just want to know....why does Pac Man need a bodyguard to use the restroom? Men don't intentionally use the bathroom at the same time (like ladies) do they?

Jeckyll and Hyde go at the same time....

We'll see how this turns out but the meltdown could be on... I wonder if the Commish will be extremely peeved seeing how he was just there in D, and making those comments about P. Jones.
Old 10-09-2008   #9
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Hey now, no point in insulting 6 year olds. They can have very high IQ's. It is their survival skills that can be lacking. Now, if you had said the common sense of a two year old, I might be agreeing with you.
I stand corrected and apologize to any 6 years old that might have been affected by my thoughtless comments!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This party Putzman attended was thrown by the upstanding citizen rapper (who routinely glorifies criminal conduct) Ludacris........should I say more??? You are usually who you associate with. Both will usually be found within a round bathroom floor fixture. This would also shed light on why Putzman is so comfortable within the confines of the Girls present stadium configuration.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This party Putzman attended was thrown by the upstanding citizen rapper (who routinely glorifies criminal conduct) Ludacris........should I say more??? You are usually who you associate with. Both will usually be found within a round bathroom floor fixture. This would also shed light on why Putzman is so comfortable within the confines of the Girls present stadium configuration.
Ludacris has absolutely nothing to do with why pacman is a thug......Rapping is an art form much like acting, which by your rationale i guess DeNiro would be considered "glorifying criminal behavior" every time he stars in a movie where he plays a mobster. rapping about it & actually going out & doing it are 2 different things..... Bill O'reilly.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Rapping is an art form much like acting
I say lets go back to real art form, like R&B or even Jazz. As far as I'm concerned, R&B is one of the African-Americans greatest contribution and really a gift to 20th century American music and art form.
I say lets dump crappy-rappy ! Let the hoods have it and lets move on.
BTW, I would love to know what soon to be President Obamas thoughts are about Rap ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #13
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Pac-Man screws up again, I hope Goodell HAMMERS the Cowboys. The Cowboys were able acquire PM for a song (Tank Johnson, too) because Goodell made it clear that teams that acquire known miscreants do so at the risk of losing draft picks if said miscreants continue to sully the league's reputation. So Goodell's professed "get tough on conduct" policy has the effect of rewarding teams that are willing to risk a player getting in trouble. Like Dallas.

If PM or Tank get in trouble again, then will Goodell have the cajones to follow through on his word by looking Jerrah in the eye and stripping a high pick? If he blinks, then his conduct policy becomes a joke.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe the bodyguard wanted to use pacman in the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
They are saying he walked a tab. Jerry's bodyguard probably told him to pay up. Being a Boys fan, if this pans out, cut him now. But from what I've read there isn't much to this. The guy is a dumb@ss even being out in public that late and all.
I've said from the beginning (I'll take a ribbon please, lol) that Goodell was making a huge mistake letting this asshat back in the NFL. Whether he is innocent this time or not, he's already proven that he's a waste of space.

Hell, we should be pissed he is using our oxygen.
Old 10-09-2008   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
If Pac-Man screws up again, I hope Goodell HAMMERS the Cowboys. The Cowboys were able acquire PM for a song (Tank Johnson, too) because Goodell made it clear that teams that acquire known miscreants do so at the risk of losing draft picks if said miscreants continue to sully the league's reputation. So Goodell's professed "get tough on conduct" policy has the effect of rewarding teams that are willing to risk a player getting in trouble. Like Dallas.

If PM or Tank get in trouble again, then will Goodell have the cajones to follow through on his word by looking Jerrah in the eye and stripping a high pick? If he blinks, then his conduct policy becomes a joke.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't an NFL policy. That is why teams like Dallas try it. They give up a low pick in the trade and have incentive based contracts. There is nothing that says they will lose a pick, except ones in the deal. That is just talk that was thrown around, not policy. The Cowboys have done everything but lock him in a room.
Old 10-09-2008   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Ludacris has absolutely nothing to do with why pacman is a thug......Rapping is an art form much like acting, which by your rationale i guess DeNiro would be considered "glorifying criminal behavior" every time he stars in a movie where he plays a mobster. rapping about it & actually going out & doing it are 2 different things..... Bill O'reilly.
Diniro was glorifying the criminal behavior in his films. You never saw him doing so on the streets of NY on a daily basis.

How many times have actors in a mob movie gone out and killed each other because of competing mob movies?

Conversely, how many times have rap stars been killed by other rap artist?

You can say it ain"t so but that would be like saying the Cowboys players NEVER get into trouble and have a upstanding history.
Old 10-09-2008   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I say lets go back to real art form, like R&B or even Jazz. As far as I'm concerned, R&B is one of the African-Americans greatest contribution and really a gift to 20th century American music and art form.
I say lets dump crappy-rappy ! Let the hoods have it and lets move on.
BTW, I would love to know what soon to be President Obamas thoughts are about Rap ?

Eh, i agree with you to a certain extent, the bubblegum raps complete with dances can go, but all others can stay. The reason i say this b/c Rap music was born from the streets so you're never going to eliminate that element of it period. The #2 reason is b/c not all rap music is just "hot booty raps & gun play" to quote one of my favorite artists.
Old 10-09-2008   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not very smart obviously. This was his last chance to straighten up.
He's been their best corner by far this year too.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
He's not very smart obviously. This was his last chance to straighten up.
He's been their best corner by far this year too.
WWJD, that is my take on it. I think this might be an overblown incident but it shows one thing.....he is not smart at all.
Old 10-09-2008   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Diniro was glorifying the criminal behavior in his films. You never saw him doing so on the streets of NY on a daily basis.

How many times have actors in a mob movie gone out and killed each other because of competing mob movies?

Conversely, how many times have rap stars been killed by other rap artist?

You can say it ain"t so but that would be like saying the Cowboys players NEVER get into trouble and have a upstanding history.
1st of all, to answer your bolded, none that i know of..when a rapper is killed it's usually not another artist who's been fingered as the killer, it's someone else.

2nd, we're not talking about all rappers here, we're talking about the one he mentioned. Ludacris, since making it as a rapper, has done nothing in the way of breaking the law to warrant being lumped in the same sentence with pacman & his thuggish tendencies.

& since we're talking about the cowboys, is it fair to lump Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith in with the likes of Micheal Irving, Leon Lett & Nate Newton when talking about trouble-ridden cowboys players? I don't think so.

Last edited by Mr teX; 10-09-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read