Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2008   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Oh, so they are not going to go 12-4?
I dunno Gary, its possible. Someday maybe. But not in 2008.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kuharsky
He classified the corner as an up-and-comer before the injury -- "not quite elite" -- who brought good speed, change-of-direction skills and aggression and had won the supreme confidence of his coaches, who match him up with an opponent's best receiver.
Really? Since when?

Another sign that those who cover hte Texans nationally do not actually watch the Texans at all.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #23
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Really? Since when?

Another sign that those who cover hte Texans nationally do not actually watch the Texans at all.
I cringed when I read that as well but I think that was some scout talking about Dunta. So its opposing scouts and the national media.
Old 10-09-2008   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno Gary, its possible. Someday maybe. But not in 2008.
I was joking.
Old 10-09-2008   #25
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Who, particularly Dunta, has said anything which would indicate he is anything but chomping at the bit to get back? Where does your uncertainty come from.
I was not being for real.
Old 10-11-2008   #26
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is taking his time getting back so come the off season he can leave and get a big contract or go to a time that can win now. Something tells me he doesnt want to get hurt again so he can bolt out of Houston.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #27
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'm not sure that DUNTA WANTS TO COME BACK THOUGH
Not only does Dunta want to come back, he has to. This is the last season of his rookie contract. If he does not play, he enters free agency with teams thinking he cant play and he will likely receive a lower contract than he expected. On the other hand if he comes back, and plays well(which wont be hard looking at the rest of the Texans CB corp) people will think he is back to his old self and he will get the next contract--either from us or someone else.

The NFL is all about ways to cut players or pay them as little as they can. Dunta is a smart guy and he knows that even 50% will be able to secure that next contract.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2008   #28
gary
Hall of Fame

I look for him to go to a contender next year.
Old 10-11-2008   #29
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Not only does Dunta want to come back, he has to. This is the last season of his rookie contract. If he does not play, he enters free agency with teams thinking he cant play and he will likely receive a lower contract than he expected. On the other hand if he comes back, and plays well(which wont be hard looking at the rest of the Texans CB corp) people will think he is back to his old self and he will get the next contract--either from us or someone else.

The NFL is all about ways to cut players or pay them as little as they can. Dunta is a smart guy and he knows that even 50% will be able to secure that next contract.
Said it before when he comes back and if he comes back at 100% will be up to debate. But both sides would benefit this coming year of signing a one year deal for a a couple million so he can get back to top playing condition. Then he'd be able to showcase himself to the Texans or rest of the league for a big money contract. I'm hoping for the best regarding his comeback from such a terrible injury and it makes me nervous,based on the short history of this franchise, to hear him coming back so soon.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #30
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I think he is taking his time getting back so come the off season he can leave and get a big contract or go to a time that can win now. Something tells me he doesnt want to get hurt again so he can bolt out of Houston.
No way, the Texans will franchise him if that's what it takes to keep him in Houston. Players of his caliber rarely sign with other teams.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #31
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
No way, the Texans will franchise him if that's what it takes to keep him in Houston. Players of his caliber rarely sign with other teams.
I agree one of smiths philosophy is that you never let talent leave the club. I expect him to get franchised.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #32
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
they better franchise him, pay him some money good money for the year and find out if he's still got it. he deserves it.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #33
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
What , no "Start Brink" threads ? .... Guess thats next season.

I think they resigned him as insurance just in case ... Sage may go suicidal or ... some pised off team mate or fan will go homicidal on him for last weeks .... Rosencoptor.

As for Dunta , cant wait to see how he's recovered .... But ideally I'd like to see the guy sit out the entire season and be 100% healthy when they go to camp next year .... Being in a contract year does not help him in that regard.
Give 'em a little time you Sadist. The only folks who have less attention span than the Texas Talk board are a two year old and the orange bloods at Sodom on Town Lake. UT didn't win yesterday...that would of been the start of the Childes needs to start banging on the forty acres.

Well if there was any doubt that MS was truly ill, I think this just erased it. They were one hit away from Owen Daniels playing QB last week. Maybe the Texans need to start working the wild cat next off season ? Never know. Course there is always that little problem of finding two RBs who are locked and loaded.
Old 10-12-2008   #34
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Said it before when he comes back and if he comes back at 100% will be up to debate. But both sides would benefit this coming year of signing a one year deal for a a couple million so he can get back to top playing condition. Then he'd be able to showcase himself to the Texans or rest of the league for a big money contract. I'm hoping for the best regarding his comeback from such a terrible injury and it makes me nervous,based on the short history of this franchise, to hear him coming back so soon.
Well, he's not the best cover corner in the league. But he plays the run with a great ferocity. If there is a CB in the league who holds the corner better than Robinson, I'd like to know just who you think that is. The question...is his leg still worth sixty to eighty million. That's what a top FA brings on the open market. Another thing to consider is that Robinson isn't a Smith-Kubiak guy. They have two young corners now. I've been posting this for a year ...don't set yourself up for some heart ache if they make a business decidsion here.
Old 10-12-2008   #35
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I guess Kubes read what was under my avatar....
"I've got gas?" LOL...I know you changed it...funny for someone just perusing the boards for the first time...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #36
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not too sure about franchising him, and although I love him and the type of play he brings, I have a feeling that he might not be here the next season. I hope he will stay though.
Old 10-12-2008   #37
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Who, particularly Dunta, has said anything which would indicate he is anything but chomping at the bit to get back? Where does your uncertainty come from?

Kubiak said on his radio show that he would most likely be back for the Lions.
http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...read.php?t=250

It will be interesting to see him back and what kind of impact he will have on the defense with his leadership

BTW have we had any corner blitzes this season?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read