Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2008   #1
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta?

Anyone heard anything about his possible return? Is he in physical condition to come off the PUP?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Dunta?

Just heard him on the radio...

Says he will be back at practice one week from today and should be ready for either the Lions or Bengals...

Brink was also re-signed...

Last edited by Polo; 10-08-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2008   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Says he will be back at practice on week from today and should be ready for either the Lions or Bengals...

Brink?
uugh...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #4
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Brink?
uugh...

I kinda liked the little I saw of him...
Old 10-08-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said on the radio Monday that Dunta could play today... so that was encouraging.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

AHA! I called that one(refer back to the Moats signing thread). Sage days are numbered......jking.

Back to the topic, glad to hear that Dunta will return soon.

should be ready for either the Lions or Bengals...

So I'm guessing the radio host were confirmed that Dunta will play against one of those teams? If so, then that is some good news to bring up our spirits after the past upsetting game.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I kinda liked the little I saw of him...
Oh he's not bad - although Boyd had the stronger arm (and was faster), Brink seemed to be able to run the offense a bit better

....its just that we need defensive help. I'd rather we scout around for some cover guys or a OLB.

We STILL haven't held anyone to less than 30 friggin pts - even with Sage's brain-farts, one good 3 & out stop (when it counts) by the defense and we still win.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 10-08-2008 at 04:39 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2008   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Brink?
uugh...
What , no "Start Brink" threads ? .... Guess thats next season.

I think they resigned him as insurance just in case ... Sage may go suicidal or ... some pised off team mate or fan will go homicidal on him for last weeks .... Rosencoptor.

As for Dunta , cant wait to see how he's recovered .... But ideally I'd like to see the guy sit out the entire season and be 100% healthy when they go to camp next year .... Being in a contract year does not help him in that regard.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'm not sure that DUNTA WANTS TO COME BACK THOUGH
Old 10-08-2008   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I said he'd be back after the bye week - but SOMEBODY *coughikecough* had to **** things up for us...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta, even though he will probably be a step slower, will still be a welcome sign of relief. Other teams know he'll tag 'em good if he gets the chance.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #12
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Says he will be back at practice one week from today and should be ready for either the Lions or Bengals...

I guess Kubes read what was under my avatar....
Old 10-08-2008   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's be cool and look to the long-term with Dunta and his return to action. In other
words, there's no need to rush him back this season since we aren't going anywhere after December.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can not wait!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait to see Dunta on the field, I think it will be a huge emotional boosts for the team and the fans.

Old 10-09-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Let's be cool and look to the long-term with Dunta and his return to action. In other
words, there's no need to rush him back this season since we aren't going anywhere after December.
Oh, so they are not going to go 12-4?
Old 10-09-2008   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the latest on Dunta according to Paul Kuharsky, the AFC South blogger for ESPN: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...e-horizon.html
Old 10-09-2008   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, that is very encouraging to read.

I can't wait to see #23 back on the field.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #19
Polo

Quote:
Robinson said he could have gotten medical clearance in August, but admitted he was not mentally ready after ripping up his right knee at Oakland last Nov. 4.In the middle of training camp he still felt like he was re-leaning how to run.

I was struggling with my motion, I was trying to get my running form down," he said. "Once I got that down, once I got my extension squared away everything kind of moved fast. I was back feeling OK. Now I am breaking, now I am jumping to catch footballs, now I am mirroring -- not receivers, but the trainers -- because you can't go against the receivers when you are on PUP. And that gave me confidence."

When he returns, the Texans will be able to get Reeves, who is often in range of plays but unable or unwilling to turn to find the ball, out of the lineup.

Hmm....
Old 10-09-2008   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'm not sure that DUNTA WANTS TO COME BACK THOUGH
Who, particularly Dunta, has said anything which would indicate he is anything but chomping at the bit to get back? Where does your uncertainty come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
should be ready for either the Lions or Bengals...

So I'm guessing the radio host were confirmed that Dunta will play against one of those teams? If so, then that is some good news to bring up our spirits after the past upsetting game.
Kubiak said on his radio show that he would most likely be back for the Lions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read