Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2008   #41
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm changing the subject - MIA vs HOU predict the score

The Fins are about to be the victims of some serious pent up Texans rage. The Texans are going to beat the Dolphins down, Mark it.
In fact, we will win the next three games, without a doubt.

I'm not prone to grand predictions. Those of you who are familiar with me will know that.
I'm just saying, flat out, that we are going to beat down some people in the next three games.

This IS NOT a 0-4 caliber team, and it DAMN sure isn't a 0-5 team.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #42
Texansfan210
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The Fins are about to be the victims of some serious pent up Texans rage. The Texans are going to beat the Dolphins down, Mark it.

I'm not prone to grand predictions. Those of you who are familiar with me will know that.
I'm just saying, flat out, that we are going to beat down some people in the next three games.

I remember the fins fans saying something along those lines when they were 0-4 last year. This is going to be a long game and we are going to be on the crap side of it. Ronnie Brown is going to run wild on us and not because of the wildcat. And btw, someone said well handle there passing game ok....yeah chad pennington is going to pick our sorry defense apart. That being said, i think the offense can put up some points, but its got to be through the air, the fins have proved they can shut down the best of running games.

Dolphins-27
Texans-14
Texansfan210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lights out football

38-13

Texans Win
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #44
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

42-Dolphins
14-Texans

This is the FIRST time I have ever predicted a Texans loss....gotta try something new!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #45
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami-31
Houston-17

Texans Talk has a whole new week of threads started about "Worst team", "Fire ______", "How much have you wasted in tickets, etc", "It's all McNair's Fault", and the ever popular "Play the Rookies".
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #46
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

27 - Miami
30 - Houston

Does the team that plays better actually win this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post

The Texan's have only been outplayed in week 1, so what you say is no stretch. BUT... until the bone-headedness stops, just once, I have a hard time MARKING anything.
Old 10-08-2008   #47
LoneStarState
Veteran

One Texans streak continues...giving up over 30 points per game.

Miami 34
Houston 17

Even after watching game film, the Texans won't be prepared for Miami's trick plays... and the Texans will pay...
Old 10-09-2008   #48
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Dolphins - 31
Texans - 21
Keep the streak alive!!
Old 10-09-2008   #49
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState View Post
One Texans streak continues...giving up over 30 points per game.

Miami 34
Houston 17

Even after watching game film, the Texans won't be prepared for Miami's trick plays... and the Texans will pay...
No way we can stop that Wildcat sh*t they do........
Old 10-09-2008   #50
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hou 27

Mia 16

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008   #51
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am changing my score.

Texans 27
Dolphins 21

Old 10-10-2008   #52
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 38

Dolphins 24

High scoring affair
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008   #53
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its about time I NAIL one of these things I mean it

Texans 21 Dolphins 17

while the Texans have allowed 32.5 points per contest they've all been against pretty decent offenses, 10-14 of those directly off reckless turnovers so I expect a more conservative, careful game plan not allowing the Fish ANY POINTS off turnovers this time around so that translates to around a 17 point total. the Texans are averaging 20.75 points per game while the Dophins allow 19.75 add the homefield advantage 1.75 & that = 21.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #54
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Okay, here's how I see it planning out... and if I'm right, well, damn lucky guess.

Okay, 4 minutes left, Dolphins just scored on a 4-yard run by Brown to close the score to 14-13. Texans throw a 15-yarder to Johnson, then run the ball with Slaton three times for a combined 14 yards. Two quick passes, and we're at the Miami 22. Schaub drops back, rolls left, throws a pass into the endzone to KW for a touchdown, 20-13 PAT pending. Kubes wants to go for 2, but we get called for a false start and we just attempt the PAT to go 21-13. 1:44 left in the game. Kris kicks off, returned to Miami 27. Pennington goes in the shotgun, throws deep middle incomplete to Brown, but Faggins gets called for def PI at the 50. 1:34 left. Brown runs left for seven. 1:29 and running. Pennington hurries up to spike the ball. 1:17 at Houston's 43, it's 3rd and 3. Pennington drops back, pass rush coming quick from the right side, Chad throws it away. 4th down with 1:11 left. Miami runs it up the middle with Brown for a gain of 4. First down. Timeout by Miami with 1:04 left at the 39 yard line. Pennington bck in the shotgun formation, Brown lined up to his left, Williams runs around Long and gets to Pennington just as he throws it incomplete :58 left on 2nd and 10. Pennington pitches off to Brown on the left side for a gain of 8, runs out of bounds with :50 left, 3rd and 2 at the 31. Miami goes into an I-formation, Houston crowds the LOS. Pennington fakes the hand-off to Brown, looks right, throws to their TE for a gain of 12, but can't get out of bounds. Clock ticking, Dolphins hurry up to the line. 38, 37, 36, 35, snap, spike, 34 seconds. Pennington lines up in shotgun 1st and 10 at the houston 19. Takes the snap, Greenwood blitzes the left side, Long blocks him, Mario gets in and brings down Pennington. 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, snap, spike, 22 seconds. 3rd and 16 at the 25. Chad takes the snap out of the shotgun, rolls right, scrambles to an open right side. Bennett goes out of coverage and knocks him out at the 18 yard line with 14 seconds left. 4th and 9... the rumble in Reliant can be felt clear to Beaumont. Penny in the shotgun, fakes the handoff to Brown, Ryans on the blitz, bottled up by Weaver, Brown left open at the 7. Pennington throws to him... caught and brought down at the 5. Eight seconds left. 1st and goal at the 5. No timeouts for Miami. Pennington in shoutgun, quick throw to Brown... tipped by Diles on the goal line. Four seconds, one last chance. Dolphins down by 8. Direct snap to Brown in the shotgun, runs off left tackle, and brought down by Mario Williams at the 2 yard line. Clock runs down, game over. Texans 21, Dolphins 13.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008   #55
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Hou 27

Mia 16
Texans 24 Miami 21. I doubt it gets this high...We can stack the box with the safeties...I wouldn't count on too many boo-boos from Ginn Jr this time. He still can't run a route worth a darn....but its' speed. And eight in the box invites deep targets. And Petie's Achilles heel is speed. I don't know what Bennit did to get in the dog house . But I hope he figures it out quick.
Old 10-11-2008   #56
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: I'm changing the subject - MIA vs HOU predict the score

I have to agree with everyone who predicted a high scoring game. The Texans will need a lot of points to win against the Dolphins. I'm more worried about them than I was against the Colts last week. That said, can the Dolphins win 2 in a row this year? I'm going with a Texans win:

Texans 31
Dolphins 29
Old 10-12-2008   #57
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan210 View Post
I remember the fins fans saying something along those lines when they were 0-4 last year. This is going to be a long game and we are going to be on the crap side of it. Ronnie Brown is going to run wild on us and not because of the wildcat. And btw, someone said well handle there passing game ok....yeah chad pennington is going to pick our sorry defense apart. That being said, i think the offense can put up some points, but its got to be through the air, the fins have proved they can shut down the best of running games.

Dolphins-27
Texans-14
Chad Pennington will be hurt after this game. I'm not saying that i'm hoping for it to happen...i'm just saying...Big Ben is A LOT tougher than Chad

We'll get this one! Our Oline will dominate. Yeah Fins beat the Pats and Chargers...but this team has been sleeping for so long, I think the Colts game woke them up and they just fell on the bad side of things.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read