Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak's 3:30 press conference

it's about to start

http://houstontexans.com/tv/index.as...17&play_clip=Y

tap tap tap tap.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak's 3:30 press conference

Thanks, just turned it on. Who the heck is that lady?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope I hear Kubiak publicly announcing for Sage to get the heck out of town and never to come back. That should get some applauses from the reporters.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Some PR lady, it's amazing how positive they stay.
Old 10-06-2008   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

We are such a nice team....too nice.
Old 10-06-2008   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak looks pissed, let's just hope it's directed at the team and the coaching staff and not the media wanting answers.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Some PR lady, it's amazing how positive they stay.
That's cuz they get paid no matter what the outcome is.

We don't get our money back if they lose.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2008   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I hope I hear Kubiak publicly announcing for Sage to get the heck out of town and never to come back. That should get some applauses from the reporters.
The guy played his ass off. Its not like he hs a ton of experience starting. I sure hope you arent involved with youth sports. You remind me of some of the coaches I had growing up.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
The guy played his ass off. Its not like he hs a ton of experience starting. I sure hope you arent involved with youth sports. You remind me of some of the coaches I had growing up.
What coach would that be? Coaches that likes to win? Yes, I would hope that was the kind of coach you had, who wants to be a loser?
Old 10-06-2008   #10
CrosbyTexansFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What do you expect? Players have been villified in the past for way less.....and actually run out of town for way less...... David Carr????? Was he not run out of town for not protecting the football????

As far as the interview seems to be going......Kubiak is low key, I feel he's putting up a front for the media. I bet practice is centered around one thing this week.........."PROTECT THE FOOTBALL AT ALL COST!".........after that they will likely also work on "PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL!!". THEN........after the players are clear on all that........they may just work a little bit on "PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL"!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What coach would that be? Coaches that likes to win? Yes, I would hope that was the kind of coach you had, who wants to be a loser?
The kind of fans that swear up and down that an 14-22 coach is a winner.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ever watch the Bad news bears? The coach of the team that the Bears played in the championship game. Its one thing to be competive but its snother to allow that competitveness to take away youre common sense.
Old 10-06-2008   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyTexansFan View Post
.........."PROTECT THE FOOTBALL AT ALL COST!".........
Word!
Old 10-06-2008   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The kind of fans that swear up and down that an 14-22 coach is a winner.

Nope not what Im saying at all. Do you think Sage should be run out of town??
Old 10-06-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ever watch the Bad news bears? The coach of the team that the Bears played in the championship game. Its one thing to be competive but its snother to allow that competitveness to take away youre common sense.
No, I can't say I have watched that movie before. And if you can't tell the difference between sarcasm and seriousness, then I just don't know how well your senses are. I wouldn't want to just cut Sage right out, I still think some teams out there would toss a 7th rounder for him. 6th if we're lucky.
Old 10-06-2008   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, I can't say I have watched that movie before. And if you can't tell the difference between sarcasm and seriousness, then I just don't know how well your senses are. I wouldn't want to just cut Sage right out, I still think some teams out there would toss a 7th rounder for him. 6th if we're lucky.
Thats what emoticons are for. You should learn how to use them. From reading previous posts of yours I highly doubt you were being sarcastic.

So youre saying you would trade Sage right now for a 6th or 7th rounder??
Old 10-06-2008   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
his value didnt drop from that one play. if anything it went up for the 3.5 quarters of good football he played.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyTexansFan View Post
What do you expect? Players have been villified in the past for way less.....and actually run out of town for way less...... David Carr????? Was he not run out of town for not protecting the football????
My gawd this board is difficult to read today.

Kubiak never vilified David Carr or said he wanted to run him out of time, he openly supported him. I cannot believe that some of you actually think the coach should be slamming on the backup quarterback publicly one day after a monumental collapse. A coach's job is to bring out the best in his players and get them to believe in themselves individually and collectively, not trash them in the press. Sage's play yesterday speaks for itself. If Kubiak were to act as foolish as you all are acting today, he'd lose the team immediately. Loyalty is essential.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #19
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thats what emoticons are for. You should learn how to use them. From reading previous posts of yours I highly doubt you were being sarcastic.

So youre saying you would trade Sage right now for a 6th or 7th rounder??
I would, but I'd bet that the other 31 GMs would ROFL at that offer.

oh btw, I'm still being sarcastic. But I would definitely jump on that 3rd, if offered again.
Old 10-06-2008   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
his value didnt drop from that one play. if anything it went up for the 3.5 quarters of good football he played.

Exactly! That is what I mean by his competitive nature taking over his common sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read