Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Where is Xavier Adibi?!?!?!

Ever since camp he's been on/off the injured list. Last game he was inactive due to "illness"?!

I think this guy would bring a new dimension to our nickel defense but if he's not activated we wont find out. What injuries/ailments are keeping him from suiting up on gameday?
Old 10-06-2008   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Xavier Adibi?!?!?!

I heard John Mcclain say that Adibi is having
trouble holding on to weight. In order to play LB,
he has to be 240lb+

Now he's about 225, while eating like mad.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
he has to be 240lb+

Sounds like another reason to fire the S&C coach!!!

Or the team nutritionist...heck fire them all!!!
Old 10-06-2008   #4
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do they want him to weigh that much??? I mean really heaven forbid we have a lb with some speed and quickness.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Why do they want him to weigh that much??? I mean really heaven forbid we have a lb with some speed and quickness.
Kinda reminds me of when Capers wanted Babin to lose weight so he'd be the prototypical weight of a 3-4 OLB

Perhaps the Jags should stretch out MJD since he's not tall enough to play running back?
Old 10-06-2008   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys didnt have 240lb linebackers when they were winning super bowls. I remember Coakley being 215-220 ish and he was a helluva player. Let the guy play and see what happens it can't be any worse can it.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really excited about this pick. I hope he can get healthy and out on that field. I don't have a problem with having smaller quicker LB's so long as your DL is big and keeping the OL off the LB's. That's not the case with our team yet, though.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2008   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I was really excited about this pick. I hope he can get healthy and out on that field. I don't have a problem with having smaller quicker LB's so long as your DL is big and keeping the OL off the LB's. That's not the case with our team yet, though.
Exactly. We need a plugger up front. Okam needs to get more playing time as well as Adibi so we can see what they have.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

So we drafted a DT that was to big for his own good and a LB that's to light to play ....
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

SLB, solid starter.

MLB, All-Pro.

WLB, do we even play this position?

Adibi needs to step up, but it might just be the coaches holding him back cause of his weight. I guarantee you that he will do no worst then Moron Greenwood. Just play him coach.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
he has to be 240lb+

Who says? Kubiak? Richard Smith?

It would be nice to have him at 240, but he doesn't have to be to see the field. Scary close minded thinking by the Texans on this one.

There are alot of LBs who don't break the 240 mark that play in this league and are successful.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #12
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe on the methodist injury report they had him listed as ill, not sure if he had the same bug as Schaub but it seems every week they have him listed with some sort of issue.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Who says? Kubiak? Richard Smith?

It would be nice to have him at 240, but he doesn't have to be to see the field. Scary close minded thinking by the Texans on this one.

There are alot of LBs who don't break the 240 mark that play in this league and are successful.
Don't worry, they had the same concerns about Slaton & i'd say that's turned out okay. He just has to get healthy & once he does i'm confident that kubes will have no choice but to play him. Kubes is usually good about things like this.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #14
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I was going to say none of our starting LBs are over 240, but according to the roster at HT.com, DeMeco is 250 and Greenwood 253! When did they gain that weight? I'm wondering if that's accurate and could be why both have looked slower this year.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
I was going to say none of our starting LBs are over 240, but according to the roster at HT.com, DeMeco is 250 and Greenwood 253! When did they gain that weight? I'm wondering if that's accurate and could be why both have looked slower this year.

I noticed tis about Ryans the first game agains Pittsburg. He looks like he has added alot of muscle since last year. He doesnt seem to have the same speed and mobility he had last year. If you watch him walk he looks like his ankles are taped so much that he cant move them at all. I hope they havent hurt his natural ability trying to turn him into the PROTO TYPE MLB.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #16
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
12:38
[Comment From texansdee]
do we need more speed at linebacker? it seems that fat tight ends like dallas clark just kill us
12:39
John McClain: Clark kills everybody. Diles is a seventh-round pick starting for the first time. He'll get better. They hoped Adibi could push Greenwood. He's fast. But he's 225. He can't keep weight on. They sent him to the hospital for tests last week, but nothing was found. I'd look hard for a big-play linebacker in free agency or the draft.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2008/10/s...h_mcclain.html

sounds like a Rashard Butler type of situation, except it isn't because of a medical condition. I'm going to be really upset if we keep his talents and athletic abilities on the sideline just because he can't gain more weight. Just play the guy.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #17
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I noticed tis about Ryans the first game agains Pittsburg. He looks like he has added alot of muscle since last year. He doesnt seem to have the same speed and mobility he had last year. If you watch him walk he looks like his ankles are taped so much that he cant move them at all. I hope they havent hurt his natural ability trying to turn him into the PROTO TYPE MLB.
A lot of people say our front is undersized. I really wish this myth would die.

Our guys are average weight for a 4-3 front. That includes T.J., Demeco, and Amobi.

I also said a while ago that I thought Demeco needed to lose some weight. I think his increased bulk has definitely affected his mobility. He's not playing on the opponents side of the line of scrimmage as much as he had been doing in the past. Still a really good footblal player, just not as quick.

Last edited by Polo; 10-08-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2008   #18
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

The same thing could be said about rookie CB Molden. Just play him. He couldn't do any worse than Reeves or Petey.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #19
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently he's sick.

From the Wednesday's presser --

Quote:
(on not being able to find out exactly whats wrong with LB Xavier Adibi) He just hasnt been feeling well. He got sick on us and couldnt hold anything down. He spent some time in the hospital and has been through some headaches. Hes kind of up and down throughout each day. He did do some things today, not much. Were monitoring it. Its an issue right now. Were running a lot of tests on the kid trying to figure it out.

(on LB Xavier Adibi saying the sickness is holding him back) Well, its obvious. Hes lost weight. Hes behind everybody because hes missed a lot of time and hes not feeling well. So its our job to figure out why.
Hopefully Adibi will get well soon.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008   #20
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I say start him AND molden. Baptism by fire.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read