Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2008   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First official Texans Fan Anonymous meeting here

Hi, I'm Texan_Bill.....

I may cuss and fuss at the Texans, but like Dread-Head I'm not going anywhere...
Old 11-20-2008   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's like codependency. They say they want me around; that I help to make them better and I feel so important and we've got a thing going on. I know better and all week, I mumble at how I've been strung along.

There I sit by the telephone, er TV and it begins and I feel alive and like a teenager back in high school. The hope and excitement swells and the relationship seems to be going forward. And then abruptly she, er the game is gone and I am left feeling like a loser who should have known better. In fact, I usually am muttering "What is wrong with me? I know better."

Then the week begins again with self loathing. Others I know telling me they understand, yet how could they know my feelings. I have to find something else to do! Then it's Sunday and I'm again focusing on the telephone, er TV. Laugh at me if you must. Yet when I score, er the team scores, I feel that everything just might work out. The relationship could be salvaged, especially if I just wait a bit more. There is so much potential and we just have to focus on the date, er game in front of us. I know it really is not about the money.. still I wonder?

My name is Steve and I am codependent.
Old 11-20-2008   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
And then replace it for next Sunday's outing.

I'm a Texans fan, and currently thinking that Houston should get a professional cricket team, so the Texans aren't the most dissappointing thing in the city at the moment.

why would anybody pay to listen to crickets chirp?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

God grant McNair the serenity
to accept the things he cannot change;
courage to fire the things he can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

- Showtime100
Old 11-20-2008   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
If you can't be a fan during times like this, you can't call yourself a fan when they're winning. I'm not going anywhere.
Well, someone can call themselves a fan if they only root for the team when they win, but they just have to put "bandwagon" in front if it.

I'm Double Barrel and I approve this message.

p.s. I'm a native Houstonian and I love the NFL. I only have one team to support, even if it kills me to watch them struggle along for 7 seasons. But what can I do? I have no alternatives.
Old 11-20-2008   #46
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB
I'm a native Houstonian and I love the NFL. I only have one team to support, even if it kills me to watch them struggle along for (4ish) seasons. But what can I do? I have no alternatives.
I didn't need to change much, I hope you don't mind Double Barrel!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #47
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hi! My name is Carol and I'm a diehard Texan fan. Every Sunday I feel like Charlie Brown getting ready to kick the football only to have Lucy pull it away and I land on my butt.

My neighbors give directions to their homes by saying, "I'm _ _ _ houses down from the Texan House......" Some even laugh - others are afraid to talk to me until the Wednesday following a Texan loss. I would never wear a bag on my head at a game, but sometimes I would like to wear one around the neighborhood except my Texan garb or my Texan decorated golf cart would give me away. Methinks I need a sponsor.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2008   #48
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Hi, my name is Awtysst and I am a Texans fan that lives out of state. I actually have to go out of my way to see the games. I sometimes wonder if it is really worth the drive to the sports bar. But yeah, I must be die hard to keep doing that I suppose.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #49
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello My name is KC Doubleeagle. I have a disease. It's symptoms include irrational, emotional excitement before the start of the football season. When we win a game or two the highs are unbeatable. But coming down and facing reality is a *****. Usually starts around game 3 and the fleeting euphoria was not worth the awful hangover.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I didn't need to change much, I hope you don't mind Double Barrel!
Well, my statement didn't need fixin', but I don't mind.

I know it's a matter of individual perspective at the end of the day. I just tend to look at 35 wins in 7 seasons as being a measure of great suckitude. There is no pride in being a Texans fan. We love our team, support them always, but I just can't act like it's something that it's not.
Old 11-21-2008   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well, my statement didn't need fixin', but I don't mind.

I know it's a matter of individual perspective at the end of the day. I just tend to look at 35 wins in 7 seasons as being a measure of great suckitude. There is no pride in being a Texans fan. We love our team, support them always, but I just can't act like it's something that it's not.

Now now, DB, being realistic is not something football fans are prone to. You need to change. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm Bill and I approve this message.

Right there with ya DB.
Old 11-21-2008   #53
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: First official Texans Fan Anonymous meeting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Hi, I am a diehard loyal Texan and Houston football fan who apparently has gotten really good at letting my team rip my still beating heart out of my chest, stomp and urinate on it and then set it on fire.
They could have at least peed the fire out, sheesh.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #54
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: First official Texans Fan Anonymous meeting here

Quote:
Well said.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #55
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to Pittsburgh for the San Diego game last week and decided to be a Steelers fan for the day. Traitorous I know, but it sure felt good high fiving with fellow fans while rooting a first place team to victory.

Now its back to reality with my fading methadone buzz. Hopefully the Texans can provide a little of the real stuff tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2008   #56
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Hello my name is V-Man

(Crowd responds "Hi V-Man")

I am a Masochist, I love the Texans and I live in San Antonio (aka Dallas South or Texans Fan Purgatory).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #57
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I love the Texans and I live in San Antonio (aka Dallas South or Texans Fan Purgatory).
Sorry to hear that man, my prayers are with you and yours.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #58
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is so emo u guyz need to get it together .............this is not how texans fans should act
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008   #59
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
This thread is so emo u guyz need to get it together .............this is not how texans fans should act
Man an emo Texans fan. That's a double dose of misery.
Old 11-23-2008   #60
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am Joe Texan and I am going to watch The Texans Beat the Hell Out of Cleveland tomorrow, snow on the ground 15 degrees right now.

You will notice that I am a Fan that looks at the name on the front of the jersey not the back\

I still have not gotten completely over the pain of watching My Oilers crash and burn

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read