Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #21
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Believe in next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The more the stock market dives and takes my money with it, the less and less I can about rich ass football players and owners and the NFL in general. Sorry to be selfish about it, but that's just how I feel.

Screw next year anyway, they need to get their stupid frigging act together right now and start winning games RIGHT NOW. The last I looked, they still have 12 games left to play.
Yeah I agree, season ain't over and i'll root for them till the end until they are mathmatecially elminated. Going 10-2 isn't impossible...might be for this team though.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Yeah I agree, season ain't over and i'll root for them till the end until they are mathmatecially elminated. Going 10-2 isn't impossible...might be for this team though.
I'll be watching and rooting for them every game, it's just what I do. They are the only game in town as far as I'm concerned. I still think they can win six games this year, maybe even a few more than that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #23
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think one thing this team taught us is to do is never believe in them again, and I never will. Show me you can do it.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that I was a fan of them any more, and I know 1-4 is not quite 0-4, but in '93 there was this local team that started 1-4 and rolled off 11 straight wins. Of course they had the #1 rush defense in football, but still.

A lot of football left to be played and as bad as the Texans have looked, they're just 2 4th down stops away from being 2-2 and sitting in 2nd place.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #25
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

People don't like the "next year" mentality...but that's the possible reality whether you like it or not. If you're a TRUE fan you'll still stick with the team. Make positive suggestions as to improving the team rather than the doom and gloom crap.

The Texans have played excellent football in recent weeks...they've just come out on the short end. The Cowboys struggled to put away a quite inferior Bengals team...the Texans had the Colts down EASILY, stomped on and all that, until Rosenfels melted down and gave them the game.

What I want to see is our team still sticking with it, keep attacking the defenses like they have been recently. The offense once Slaton and the new blocking schemes gets more and more acclimated, the Houston Texans will have a feared offense going into next year!

I had the Texans around 7-9 to 9-7 this year anyway, playoffs if lucky. I just didn't feel they were ready for playoff status because I saw the secondary was really missing some things.

If so-called Texans fans had some sense of realism, they'll find the presence of mind to see what has actually improved and see that the pieces are falling into place. Sometimes wins and losses don't measure improvement, merely playoff positioning...so yes, the reality is that next year is the tune we'll have to sing this season, more than likely.

For simplistic people who don't like "next year" then simply quit watching. Your impatience will not bring you what you desire anyway. Send out those negative vibes...things that don't do anything good.

Hope springs eternal, and that rings true in sports. All they can do is keep on playing and moving on. These recent Texans have proven to score and move the ball well. Could we say that during the Capers/Carr years? No. And we knew things had to be changed. Therefore it's getting better.

Now they just have to fix the secondary, get the pass rush (which they have the tools) going and start making plays on defense.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #26
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

If you start over...the next guy will just start rebuilding the team again. Another three years of rebuilding. I have no idea what McNair is going to do. But what I do know is there is a five year gap between tearing it down and starting over with a new guy. Y'all wanted David Carr gone. You all wanted Capers & Casserly gone. Now it's stinging just a tad...the price is getting high, you want to throw in the towel. Gotta give Kubiak and Smith their four years. I'm holding the rope with Kubiack for better or worse for the next twenty games. The team is improving every week. They do have major gaps of talent on defense. They couldn't fix it all with one or two drafts. Would of been nice if the moves they made worked out. They did the best they could with the cap room they had.

If you want to be a constant contender, sooner or later you have to stick with one of these guys.
Old 10-07-2008   #27
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
People don't like the "next year" mentality...but that's the possible reality whether you like it or not. If you're a TRUE fan you'll still stick with the team. Make positive suggestions as to improving the team rather than the doom and gloom crap.

The Texans have played excellent football in recent weeks...they've just come out on the short end. The Cowboys struggled to put away a quite inferior Bengals team...the Texans had the Colts down EASILY, stomped on and all that, until Rosenfels melted down and gave them the game.

What I want to see is our team still sticking with it, keep attacking the defenses like they have been recently. The offense once Slaton and the new blocking schemes gets more and more acclimated, the Houston Texans will have a feared offense going into next year!

I had the Texans around 7-9 to 9-7 this year anyway, playoffs if lucky. I just didn't feel they were ready for playoff status because I saw the secondary was really missing some things.

If so-called Texans fans had some sense of realism, they'll find the presence of mind to see what has actually improved and see that the pieces are falling into place. Sometimes wins and losses don't measure improvement, merely playoff positioning...so yes, the reality is that next year is the tune we'll have to sing this season, more than likely.

For simplistic people who don't like "next year" then simply quit watching. Your impatience will not bring you what you desire anyway. Send out those negative vibes...things that don't do anything good.

Hope springs eternal, and that rings true in sports. All they can do is keep on playing and moving on. These recent Texans have proven to score and move the ball well. Could we say that during the Capers/Carr years? No. And we knew things had to be changed. Therefore it's getting better.

Now they just have to fix the secondary, get the pass rush (which they have the tools) going and start making plays on defense.
this guy got exactly what i was trying to say
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2008   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Not that I was a fan of them any more, and I know 1-4 is not quite 0-4, but in '93 there was this local team that started 1-4 and rolled off 11 straight wins. Of course they had the #1 rush defense in football, but still.
A lot of football left to be played and as bad as the Texans have looked, they're just 2 4th down stops away from being 2-2 and sitting in 2nd place.
id say we'd be pretty close to that based on the last 3 wekks?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #29
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly!

The TEAM played well against the Colts. Most of you guys are bashing the TEAM and the coaches when it was 1 players monumental meltdown that cost us the win.The offense was looking good, the running game was doing well. The defense was putting pressure on Manning all game. Even Reeves made a great play knocking the ball away from the receiver. I even heard the 6 million dollar invisible man's name mentioned on TV. The TEAM has played a lot better the last 2 weeks.

If you don't want to be a fan anymore then why are you here?
Old 10-07-2008   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whoah! I'm glad we have Superior Fan to put the rest of us regular fans in our place.

Nobody said they are not going to be Texans fans. But if you want to eat that brownie and call the rest of us out for not being so hungry, then be my guest. However, please save your holier-than-thou condescending attitudes for your friends, because some of us want to talk about this year's team without drinking next year's koolaide at this point.

yes, the team is improving. But don't sit here and chastise fans because they are venting within 24 hours of a tough loss. The bitterness and disappointment expressed by people comes from caring about this team. All perspectives are welcomed here, so your rather intolerant "quit watching" mentality might not be well received by the regular fans.

And good luck with all that "vibe" stuff. I hope you don't really think that we fans actually have any impact on the game, because that would lack any "sense of realism" that you seem to think the rest of us lack.

Old 10-07-2008   #31
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let me be the first to thank you on behalf of all the simplistic, impatient, not true fans of the Houston Texans on this MB.

I don't think any of us thought about the benefit of playing hard and losing as opposed to struggling and winning. We mistakenly thought that winning more games than losing was a sign of improvement. We certainly didn't realize that we needed to fix the secondary, get a pass rush and start making plays on defense. Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge about the team with us.

Your suggestion to quit watching the games could be extrapolated into not reading this MB if it offends your sensibilities.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read