Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2008   #21
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty
Default Re: How Much Money Have You Spent Per Home Win?

Well I know I spent around 10,000 this year alone. I bought 4 additional PSl's and tickets plus more jersey's for the family
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #22
Polo

It ain't trickin' if ya got it!
Old 10-06-2008   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 241209 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignasty View Post
Well I know I spent around 10,000 this year alone. I bought 4 additional PSl's and tickets plus more jersey's for the family
Well, since the original question was how much per win, you can't really answer yet
Old 10-06-2008   #24
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Since you're asking, I've spent approximately, oh, $30 or so per win. That's including a couple of jerseys/shirts and the 3 games I've paid to go to.
Old 10-06-2008   #25
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I am in the minority here. I feel that because of the money that I have put in to see NFL action, and tailgating, I have had the pleasure to meet a lot of great people that I wouldn't have met otherwise. What price can you attach to that? I feel richer today than I did before the Texans began play.

Do I want them to win? You bet. Will I ***** about the losses? You bet. I will still be there when they begin to win because I am on this rollercoaster to stay.
Old 10-06-2008   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I guess I am in the minority here. I feel that because of the money that I have put in to see NFL action, and tailgating, I have had the pleasure to meet a lot of great people that I wouldn't have met otherwise. What price can you attach to that? I feel richer today than I did before the Texans began play.

Do I want them to win? You bet. Will I ***** about the losses? You bet. I will still be there when they begin to win because I am on this rollercoaster to stay.
QFT!!! I'll ***** because I want to win too, but I still appreciate having a team for the very reasons Ted mentioned.. Also add, if there were no team, what the hell would we all being doing with our time right now??
Old 10-06-2008   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

nah, you're not in the minority, my friend. It's just an emotional venting session within 24 hours after a tough loss. I think most folks will regain perspective once the dust settles and we get ready to gear up for the Dolphins game.

I agree with your points about the experience and friendships formed.

But, you have to admit that it becomes difficult to keep that appreciation in the forefront of thought when the product increases in price every year in spite of being a relatively bad product. And like you said, it is all about the money at the end of the day, and it's tough to see the friendship forest when you can't see through the money trees.

I have struggled to pay for my ticket the past couple of seasons, and it was only through the gracious Christmas gifts in the form of cash from relatives, wife, and friends that I have bought them the past couple of years. So maybe I just don't make enough to really justify the purchase, but being a fanatic the people in my life see how much it means to me to go to the games. I'm sure Dave Ramsey thinks I'm being stupid about it.
Old 10-06-2008   #28
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

My best lowball guesstimation for 20 home wins, not including pre-season, is about $620 per win.

OUCH!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #29
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I have struggled to pay for my ticket the past couple of seasons, and it was only through the gracious Christmas gifts in the form of cash from relatives, wife, and friends that I have bought them the past couple of years. So maybe I just don't make enough to really justify the purchase,
Could you imagine if you were (what an awful thought) a Cowboys fan? They will be completely finacially locked out of the new stadium.
Old 10-06-2008   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Could you imagine if you were (what an awful thought) a Cowboys fan? They will be completely finacially locked out of the new stadium.
yeah, I've got some friends up in the Ft. Worth area that are fit to be tied about that particular subject. Jones is pricing the little guy out of the market, and there are plenty of willing deep pockets to buy up those expensive PSL's so it doesn't really matter to the owner.

Back to our subject, some non-football fan friends of mine ask me about the costs. When I tell them they tend to gasp and talk about how 'expensive' it is. But, when I point out that the gameday is approximately 9-10 hours long with tailgating and the game, which works out to about $6-$7/hour with your best friends, they start to see the bigger picture of it all.
Old 10-06-2008   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

* Original PSL - $1,800.00

* Average cost of seats over 6 seasons $66.00 x 2 seats = $ 132.00 (per game) x 63 home games (including preseason) = $8,300.00

* Average cost of parking $30.00 x 63 games = $ 1,890.00

* Average food and beverage (includes tailgating and inside Reliant Stadium) $ 150.00 x 63 games = $ 9,450.00

= $ 21,440.00 / 32 wins = $670.00 per win

*switches to Busch Light and hot dogs*
Old 10-06-2008   #32
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
* Original PSL - $1,800.00

* Average cost of seats over 6 seasons $66.00 x 2 seats = $ 132.00 (per game) x 63 home games (including preseason) = $8,300.00

* Average cost of parking $30.00 x 63 games = $ 1,890.00

* Average food and beverage (includes tailgating and inside Reliant Stadium) $ 150.00 x 63 games = $ 9,450.00

= $ 21,440.00 / 32 wins = $670.00 per win

Having a NFL team back in Houston, Priceless!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Having a NFL team back in Houston, Priceless!
If I were to figure out what I would have spent in a Gentlemen's establishment over that same period, I would think the Texans are an awesome investment in comparison....
Old 10-06-2008   #34
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I saw a clip on one of the news shows about a Jets fan who's 4 psl's in their new stadium is going to cost him $80,000. He has been a Jets fan for many years but now will lose his tickets.

Fans are being priced out...only the large corporations will be able to afford tickets to give to their favored customers. Probably non fans who will come late and leave early. Drinking and visiting, not having a clue what's happening on the field.

Next step is all games being broadcast on NFL network, pay per view.

It's coming folks.

Capitalism/greed at it's finest...

Old 10-06-2008   #35
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Total $ spent on Reliant tickets: $300
02 Liberty White Texans jersey:$10
Red Texans cap and black Texans beanie: $5 total.
Total $ spent on refreshments@ Reliant: $80
Total $ spent at Solider field: $75
Total $ spent on refreshments at Soldier Field: $20

Total games attended (including road game in Chicago):5
Total victories witnessed: 4
Total cost per victory(per person): $122.50/2= $61.25

This does not take into account the $ I have spent at the sports bar.
I have probably spent another $450 on the Texans there.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 10-06-2008 at 09:00 PM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read