Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank You, Andre Johnson

Thank you AJ, for...

-making me a proud adoptor

-catching every pass that came your way.

-holding on to the ball while being lead directly into a safety or linebacker

-getting back up, when a blow knocked you down

-sticking with us in the midst of everyone doubting your loyalty

But most importantly... Giving my 4 year-old nephew your td ball. It meant the world to him. You are a class act.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank You, Andre Johnson

That was your nephew? Awesome dude, Dre talk about giving him the ball in the post-game presser. He seemed really bummed about today though, I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre and Mario, you are true players, thank you. Now lets try and get some others like yall.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #4
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

That's really awesome! Congratulations man. I was a couple rows to your left near the 15 yard line.

I can't even imagine where this team would be without AJ. He truly is a class act. Which is amazing in itself because he come from the U .
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #5
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

You might be interested in reading this:

Quote:
(on giving the football to the kid) “Today, I just said to myself, I’ve been a little frustrated or whatever, but I was just like, ‘Hey, if I score a touchdown today, I want to find a little kid in the stands to give a ball to.’ Kids, they come out and watch us play and they’re yelling and screaming and things like that, and I’m pretty sure it meant a lot to him. A kid coming to the game, he never thought he would probably get a football from a football player. I hope he enjoys it, takes it around the neighborhood and throws it around and scuffs it up and has fun with it.”
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #6
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Andre and Mario, you are true players, thank you. Now lets try and get some others like yall.
I would add Slaton to that. I love the way the guy runs, he does not go down easy and fights for every yard. We need fighters like that right now.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
You might be interested in reading this:
Thanks for that. He's a special player.

His mama will be crying after she reads that.
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2008   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is a true class act and a helluva football player. We have a handful of those on our team...(we used to not have any). I hope he stays in Houston and sees this through. He's one of my favorites
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Thank you AJ, for...

But most importantly... Giving my 4 year-old nephew your td ball. It meant the world to him. You are a class act.
He had a huge pop-knot above his eye after the play his helmet was ripped off. He was back on the field shortly after though. I can't help but to feel sorry for the guy. Sure, he's getting paid to do a job, but I have a feeling he's dying inside due to the losing.
Old 10-06-2008   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Man I hope AJ stays around.

Should we start campaigning?
Old 10-06-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A winning compaign would be nice.
Old 10-06-2008   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre was nothing short of incredible yesterday. Nice catches yards after the catch going up in traffic to haul in passes. He couldnt have done anything more without us finding out there was a "S" on his chest.
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. This franchise needs to change directions before our good players start deciding to change addresses.
Old 10-06-2008   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

I am going to seem a little desperate at the next game with a sign that says "Andre, please don't go..."

Any other ideas?
Old 10-06-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thank you AJ, for...

That's so awesome, dude!! I won't even jack with you this week!!
Old 10-06-2008   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
That was your nephew? Awesome dude, Dre talk about giving him the ball in the post-game presser. He seemed really bummed about today though, I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.
How does losing your best player good fopr US? We couldnt get enough value for him to warrent that. God, you think we are a joke now...
Old 10-06-2008   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing I liked about the TD catch was that he came back and took it away from the CB. Too often he waits for the ball to get to him, but this time he went and got it. Good job AJ.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ was his monstrous self on Sunday. Kudo's to you AJ.
Old 10-07-2008   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.
The only way I would trade someone of his talent at the prime of his career would be for 3 first round picks. Nothing less.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ did his best to take "personal control" of the game Sunday. He just played ANGRY!

..if we can find a way to make this whole team angry every week, they might be unstoppable.

AJ may be the classiest player out of "The U" that I can ever remember. He's truly been the exception to the rule.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read