Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: 32-68 is our franchise record. What will happen first?
50 wins 44 65.67%
100 losses 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2008   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 100th Franchise Game (with poll!)

Today was our 100th franchise game, and what a mind blowing sad game it turned out to be.

Our overall franchise record is 32-68. Will we make it to 50 wins before we get to 100 losses?

p.s. I'm feeling a bit disgusted tonight, so please excuse my rather dark humor.
Old 10-05-2008   #2
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 100th Franchise Game (with poll!)

Is Charlie Brown the Texan fans and Lucy = Sage?
Old 10-05-2008   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They'll make 50 W's before they lose 100 ..... 32 losses before they win 18 is a stretch .... Unless they play the next 32 like they did the 4th quarter today.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted 50 wins. Im too worried that if we are on pace for 28-100 Memphis may be trying to steal a football team
Old 10-05-2008   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree about getting to 50 wins first. It just feels like we're on a fast track to Loserville sometimes.
Old 10-05-2008   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
...32 losses before they win 18 is a stretch ...
Doing some quick mental calculations they are winning at a 32% clip over the first 100 games. They'd have to get just over 36% in the next 49 games to be 50-99. With the same "steady improvement" we are seeing now, it may not be a stretch.
Old 10-05-2008   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It just feels like we're on a fast track to Loserville sometimes.
I thought we were already there or is this the next town over, Sucksville?

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2008   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Doing some quick mental calculations they are winning at a 32% clip over the first 100 games. They'd have to get just over 36% in the next 49 games to be 50-99. With the same "steady improvement" we are seeing now, it may not be a stretch.
We were chatting about this yesterday. We have a historical win/loss ratio of 1 win to 2.12 losses. So if we need 18 wins to 50, that ratio translates to 38 losses (meaning 106 losses total). Obviously, not happy thoughts here.
Old 10-06-2008   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well, the overall W/L ratio might be a bit skewed since this was an expansion team, so let's go ahead and take the first 50 games out of the equation. Let's see, that leaves us with ....

16-34.

Maybe that's mathematically a little better, but it sure as hell doesn't feel any better.
Old 10-06-2008   #10
Polo

50 wins pretty easily IMO....
Old 10-06-2008   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
50 wins pretty easily IMO....
based on the easy wins this year huh?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #12
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
based on the easy wins this year huh?

Call it blind faith...

Ya know, when I watch a Texans game I don't get the feeling that our team sucks....

The frustrating part to me is seeing that we actually can win in many instances..
Old 10-06-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Call it blind faith...

Ya know, when I watch a Texans game I don't get the feeling that our team sucks....

The frustrating part to me is seeing that we actually can win in many instances..
Somehow, I'm not comforted by the prospect of having an 0-4 team that was almost good enough to steal a win or two vs. having an 0-4 team that just got blown out of the water. It's an 0-4 team any way you slice it. We can all come up with excuses why this team is theoretically better than its record, but in reality, they're an 0-4 team, just like the Detroit Lions.
Old 10-06-2008   #14
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Somehow, I'm not comforted by the prospect of having an 0-4 team that was almost good enough to steal a win or two vs. having an 0-4 team that just got blown out of the water. It's an 0-4 team any way you slice it. We can all come up with excuses why this team is theoretically better than its record, but in reality, they're an 0-4 team, just like the Detroit Lions.

Not trying to make others feel comforted...Just stating my views of the situation...

If you guys are pissed then be pissed....

I, however, will be patient with the team for the time being.
Old 10-06-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Call it blind faith...

Most mediocre teams don't "suck"...they just don't make the playoffs like the better teams tend to do.

Old 10-06-2008   #16
Polo

Quote:
Most mediocre teams don't "suck"...they just don't make the playoffs like the better teams tend to do.
That's true...

But I wasn't expecting play-offs this year anyways...Would be nice though...
Old 10-06-2008   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
That's true...

But I wasn't expecting play-offs this year anyways...Would be nice though...
after 6 years you don't expect a playoff run? Since this was our best shot ever I can assume you never expected one playoff run since our inception? That's fine and dandy if you are having fun...cause we all know having fun is the most important thing.

Old 10-06-2008   #18
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
after 6 years you don't expect a playoff run? Since this was our best shot ever I can assume you never expected one playoff run since our inception? That's fine and dandy if you are having fun...cause we all know having fun is the most important thing.
I didn't expect the playoffs either but as you put it I did expect a "playoff run". I felt we had a shot at 9-7 or 10-6 but would still on the outside looking in.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I didn't expect the playoffs either but as you put it I did expect a "playoff run". I felt we had a shot at 9-7 or 10-6 but would still on the outside looking in.
I fully expected this team to be competitive for at least a wild card by now. Any other measure imho is setting the bar way to low for us fans.

Old 10-06-2008   #20
Polo

Quote:

Wasn't taking into account all 6 years....

I was talking about Kubiaks tenure....IMHO, Capers 7-9 year was a fluke...That team was terrible and it showed the next year after...On offense all we had on that 7-9 team was a WR and a kinda good RB....On defense we didn't have much either...

Capers left this team a mess.

Expecting play-offs and hoping for play-offs are two different things anyways. I seriously doubt there were many Texan fans "expecting" play-offs this yr....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read