Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Games like today are killing our fanbase: Yipee 3 more home games this month!

I am still shellshocked and in disbelief at what happened. I put the brim of my hat below my eyes during the end of that game because it was like watching a gruesome car wreck on the field.

You know for most of the day I was extremely happy and felt good about our team and QB. Our defense held Indy in check and Sage and our running game looked great. Mario had 2 sacks and we were finally getting something from the rest of our lineman. Hell, Reeves and Faggins were making plays.

If we got this game, I think we would have won 4 in a row. This game was a straight up punch to the gut. Next week there will be close to 20,000 no shows IMO. There was nothing more that I loved than going to see the Oilers and then the Texans play at home. Even I am looking at our upcoming games as a drag.

I don't think this team can come back from this. Hello 2-4 wins at best. I am going to puke now.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Games like today are killing our fanbase: Yipee 3 more home games this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I am still shellshocked and in disbelief at what happened. I put the brim of my hat below my eyes during the end of that game because it was like watching a gruesome car wreck on the field.

You know for most of the day I was extremely happy and felt good about our team and QB. Our defense held Indy in check and Sage and our running game looked great. Mario had 2 sacks and we were finally getting something from the rest of our lineman. Hell, Reeves and Faggins were making plays.

If we got this game, I think we would have won 4 in a row. This game was a straight up punch to the gut. Next week there will be close to 20,000 no shows IMO. There was nothing more that I loved than going to see the Oilers and then the Texans play at home. Even I am looking at our upcoming games as a drag.

I don't think this team can come back from this. Hello 2-4 wins at best. I am going to puke now.
You and me both. I can't believe I waited months....f-ing months for this crap. Maybe next year I'll spend less time on these boards.
Old 10-05-2008   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Games like today are killing our fanbase: Yipee 3 more home games this month!

Even at 0-3 the crowd was tremendous today. The seats were full and the people were loud. Games like this will put an end to that in a hurry. The SR610 guys were saying the same thing after the game. This franchise is killing it's fanbase.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agree with a lot of what you're saying there, I was really happy with a lot of the things we did today.

However I disagree with the 2-4 wins part. The worst thing about todays loss, for me, is that we played, and I think should be a .500 team at the least. I still think we can get 5-6 wins this season, its just not good enough though, and we should be doing better and learning from past experiences on how to grind out the victories, and stop doing stupid stuff. Its not a bad team, just bad decisions, which makes this all the more annoying!

I hope to god that the same people turned up next week, sounded amazing on the telly, but too many of these sucker punches will see the Reliant becoming a graveyard.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time I brought up the Texans to a stranger I got the response, "the Texans are kinda gay."
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #6
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The last time I brought up the Texans to a stranger I got the response, "the Texans are kinda gay."
On this note I would like to add: "I wish I knew how to quit you Houston Texans"
Old 10-05-2008   #7
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am going to puke now.

I have the same feeling. I'm glad I'm leaving the country tomorrow. I'll try it again on next Sunday.
Old 10-05-2008   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If we got this game, I think we would have won 4 in a row. This game was a straight up punch to the gut.
I agree with everything you said. I thought the Texans had hit rock bottom with last week's OT loss. With a 17 point lead over the Colts in the 4th quarter, I felt the Texans had turned their season around. I was wrong. This is rock bottom.

The Texans can either stay at the bottom, or build upon the positive aspects of Sunday's performance. Gary Kubiak's job rides on the outcome. There's no way the Texans can market Kubiak as the head coach in '09 unless the this team goes on an extended winning streak. Starting next Sunday.
Old 10-05-2008   #9
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the booing at the end of the game was fairly indicative that the fan base is getting tired of the same old crap year after year. First time I personally have heard the Texans get booed like that at home.
Old 10-05-2008   #10
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have won that because Indy is going to kill us when Bob and the rest of that o/d line come back.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Today I didn't even watch it live. I didn't care to. I've got way too much crap around my house that needs to be done post-Ike to waste my time watching the Texans find some new way to look inept. That was my reasoning so I turned on the DVR and went out to the yard to clear some more branches and leaves.

Around the end of the 3rd I came in to take a break and saw that the Texans were on top. I still had that "They'll screw it up somehow" feeling in my gut and went back outside to keep working. I came in after the game to see that this had happened and I'm disgusted with them but I'm not about to blow up or anything. This is the kind of crap I expect out of McNair's mess. I'm sure a lot of people who don't care anything about the final score had a good time today and I'm sure Bob is going to make himself a bunch of money in the long run and the Texans will continue to suck in every way that football team can possibly measure success. It's what they do and how they do it.
Old 10-05-2008   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There's no way the Texans can market Kubiak as the head coach in '09 unless the this team goes on an extended winning streak. Starting next Sunday.
More likely a three game streak at the end of the year to bring the record to 6-10.

Take an "It's Casserly's Fault"
Add one "In Kubes We Trust"
Throw in a "Rick Smith Is Doing A Great Job"

Mix them up with the streak and stay the course for one more year. Fans will expect playoffs but find reason to be happy with building an 8-8 non-losing team. A two game improvement!
Old 10-05-2008   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Even at 0-3 the crowd was tremendous today. The seats were full and the people were loud. Games like this will put an end to that in a hurry. The SR610 guys were saying the same thing after the game. This franchise is killing it's fanbase.

From my vantage point there was alot of empty seats...my vantage point being my sofa!

I dunno if people were tailgating or whatever but it didn't look full.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm tired of this crap feeling like normal with the Texans. It's the same old bad luck year in and year out. This town has a jinx on it's football teams. That was a brutal way to end our 100th franchise game.
Old 10-05-2008   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we continue to lose and get a high pick in the draft, it'll eat away at our cap even more. This is going to make it even HARDER to become competitive through FA and such. We've all seen the ridiculous figures top 5 picks make. C'mon Texans!!!!
Old 10-05-2008   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm tired of this crap feeling like normal with the Texans. It's the same old bad luck year in and year out. This town has a jinx on it's football teams. That was a brutal way to end our 100th franchise game.
I think watching Pink Floyd's movie The Wall would be merrier right now .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #17
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Good, I hope our fan base keeps tumbling. If losing for 7 frekain years doesn't get McNair to act like he got fire under his ass, I hope seeing no one at Reliant on Sunday and no profits coming from your fanbase get you to act like you give a damn about this team.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Good, I hope our fan base keeps tumbling. If losing for 7 frekain years doesn't get McNair to act like he got fire under his ass, I hope seeing no one at Reliant on Sunday and no profits coming from your fanbase get you to act like you give a damn about this team.
so second that
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Oh, but Reliant will be full next week, its Hispanic Heritage Day!!!!!!!!!!!! All the fans will want to see that. But just wait till the game against Detroit. Its Homecoming!!!!!!!!! Gosh, who will I ask to the Homecoming Dance? I better start thinking about that!

A Salute to the Military against the Bengals. OK, that can be pretty cool if the Marine precision team is there.

But I have November 9 circled on my calendar. Liberty White Day!!!!!!!! Yippe, we are wearing, not just white, but Liberty White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday Night Football means Battle Red. Not some sissified Red, but Battle Red!!!!! Battle Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monday Night Game could be switched to a game with playoff implications.

TNT Rivalry against Possum Holler!
The only way that game will be any fun is if Bud Adams walks around visiting the tailgating areas without a group of body guards.

And finally, on December 28 is Fan Appreciation Day! Two years ago, my row finally was called and we all won a "prize" A coupon book to receive a discount for a round of golf somewhere in the Woodlands. YeeeHawww!

The crafty marketing department at Texans headquarters have ways of making you come to the games even the Texans team does not.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #20
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If ticket and merch sales slump to a new low hopefully Gentleman Bob will realize that his team actually needs to win.

Right now all the guy does is stand there and count his money
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read