Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosenfels Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenfelsIsMyQB View Post
If Sage slides, the clock counts down, and the Texans win, you'd all be on Sage's nuts. Are you all really telling me that not once during this game before the debacle that you were thinking Sage should be the starter?
Oh please, he's not going to slide and everybody here with any kind of a clue knows that. He's Sage friggin Rosenfels and he's about playing within his abilities for only so long and then when he starts to get a little swagger going he's about throwing that interception or fumbling the ball or not running out of bounds when he should (or running out of bounds when he absolutely must), or extending that ball over the first down marker and right into a LB's hands. He gets excited and he gets stupid as all hell and he always has.

This is his entire career in a damn nutshell and if you can't see that then you're a blind man.

If Sage is your QB then you're going to spend a long, long time losing more than you win.
Old 10-05-2008   #42
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Sage slides, the clock counts down, and the Texans win, you'd all be on Sage's nuts. Are you all really telling me that not once during this game before the debacle that you were thinking Sage should be the starter?
I thought Sage played a real nice game before that final few minutes but wasn't there a point in the Jacksonville game when you thought "Schaub is going to be alright?" I admit that I was pretty concerned after the first two games of the year for sure and Rosenfels seemed mighty appealing but Kubiak stuck with Schaub and he stepped up. Sage got his chance to make a case today and if he had played it safe at the end of the game maybe we can have this conversation. But alas it wound up being the worst loss in our relatively brief history.
Old 10-05-2008   #43
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oh please, he's not going to slide and everybody here with any kind of a clue knows that. He's Sage friggin Rosenfels and he's about playing within his abilities for only so long and then when he starts to get a little swagger going he's about throwing that interception or fumbling the ball or not running out of bounds when he should (or running out of bounds when he absolutely must), or extending that ball over the first down marker and right into a LB's hands. He gets excited and he gets stupid as all hell and he always has.

This is his entire career in a damn nutshell and if you can't see that then you're a blind man.

If Sage is your QB then you're going to spend a long, long time losing more than you win.
That extending to get the first down near the goal line was terrifying. They showed that replay a couple times and I was just slack-jawed like how the hell did we get away with that?
Old 10-05-2008   #44
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure thing, Hulk18. Whatever you say. Sage is great.

oh wait, I forgot to add
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #45
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
He was trying to hard to make a play in the 4th quarter and should've played it safe.
There was no play that needed to be made at that point. We were kicking the crap out of them. Any QB who isn't retarded would know that the game is over and not to do things that could jeopardize the win.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #46
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll show him some appreciation....

rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #47
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your forgetting the part where he didn't slide, fumbled twice and threw an int. They all count and we lose as a direct result of it. He isn't starter material just like the other guy may not be. But having a nut swing takes 60 minutes.

This all sounds so familiar.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 10-05-2008 at 09:58 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2008   #48
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Your forgetting the part where he didn't slide, fumbled twice and threw an int. they all count and we loss as a direct result of it. He isn't starter material just like the other guy may not be. But having a nut swing takes 60 minutes.

This all sounds so familiar.
Damn it Frog I was gonna say that!!
Old 10-05-2008   #49
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else see Collinsworth at half time just shake is head in disbelief at how the Texans could lose that game?
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #50
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Nail on the head.

This isn't anything new with him. He almost gave up the ball stretching for the Endzone and the Colts being oppurtunistic even slapped at that one.

I have no doubt that we could have got this lead with Matt. We saw our offense the week before put up the same number of points but our defense give up more.

This is why Sage is a back-up, it's because he's a gambler and he never wins his money back. He's the guy that gambles...wins a nice amount and instead of walking away with 5x more money than he had going in...he gambles all that away and leaves with nothing.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #51
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm too lazy to look it up, but would someone with a better memory than mine please tell me WHEN Schaub ever led the team to a 17 pt. lead in the 4th QTR?

this was a gut tearing loss, no doubt about it.

But THANKS Rosenfels, for at least giving me HOPE that we could beat the Colts. Schaub has NEVER given me any hope to win ANY game, and certainly not a team as offensive oriented as the Colts.

when was that game that Schaub had us up by at least 17 pts again??
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #52
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Did anyone else see Collinsworth at half time just shake is head in disbelief at how the Texans could lose that game?
It was more about whether there's a QB controversy.

And I don't know if anyone noticed, but Schaub looked horrible on the sidelines. IF he can play next week, I don't expect a Jax-like performance.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #53
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are very good reasons why a team like the Miami Dolphins with all their great post-Marino QB play had no interest in keeping Sage around. He should have been traded for whatever was offered back when he had value. I said it then and it's ten times as true today.
That extra third would've reel in a DE, S, or O-Line. Now we can just look back and wonder what if.... cause now we won't get **** for him. He cost us the game and cost us whatever value we could've gotten for him. Thanks Sage, you tried to prove you could be a starting QB today and you show, first-hand, how to play like an EPIC FAILURE. Out the league in 2 years, top.
Old 10-05-2008   #54
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
I'm too lazy to look it up, but would someone with a better memory than mine please tell me WHEN Schaub ever led the team to a 17 pt. lead in the 4th QTR?

But THANKS Rosenfels, for at least giving me HOPE that we could beat the Colts. Schaub has NEVER given me any hope to win ANY game, and certainly not a team as offensive oriented as the Colts.

KC was it?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To get 17 points up on somebody in the NFL you know very well that your defense has to be holding the other team down. Tell me again how Sage Rosenfels held the Colts offense to 10 points until the fourth quarter please?

The mans decisions today were indefensible. That you are thanking him for anything is just another example of how dysfunction Houston fans are at this point.
Old 10-05-2008   #56
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, Matt has nothing to do with the defense. Like I said, Matt put up about the same number of points against the Jagsbut the Defense gave up more.

The first two weeks we had him getting sacked, and Andre dropping TD passes.

Yea Matt is 0-3, but HE DID NOT lose the Jacksonville game (They pretty much scored everytime) and he did not lose the other 2 games before that.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #57
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm quite sure that Schaub would've had the team in the same position as Rosenfails. However, I've never ever seen any QB make as many mistakes as SR to single-handily cost their team a win.

Thank you Rosenfels indeed.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #58
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

screw sage and screw the whole damn organization.

there needs to be a house cleaning...i was embarassed to be in that building today. other coaches can help their team find ways to win....we find every way conceivable to lose.

it starts at the top.

can we get a pink soap avatar for FIRE KUBIAK?
Old 10-05-2008   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is a mighty big IF.

See, the thing is, he didn't slide. Today is now a part of his resume. There is no way to gloss over it by using if's.
Old 10-05-2008   #60
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
screw sage and screw the whole damn organization.

there needs to be a house cleaning...i was embarassed to be in that building today. other coaches can help their team find ways to win....we find every way conceivable to lose.

it starts at the top.

can we get a pink soap avatar for FIRE KUBIAK?
You're probably going to be the only one sportin' it. Go for it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read