Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Was this the worse loss in franchise history?
Yes 82 69.49%
No 36 30.51%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2008   #21
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was this the worse loss in franchise history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
What about the Steve Mcnair to Bennett (I think) at the end of the game at Reliant a few years back? That one hurt too.

I was at that one. But no way do I think that was worse than this, this was unbelievable...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #22
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
this hurt worse than the entire 2-14 season

so much hope destroyed by one jump

Pretty much. The past 2 weeks have killed any hope I had for this season. 2-14 seems like a real possibility at this point. After all these years, we STILL are an expansion team.
Old 10-05-2008   #23
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those losses that can set your franchise back YEARS! We didn't have far to fall, so I just hope we don't become the next Lions, Bengals, Cardinals franchise...we are getting close...

If not for the fact the Bills-Oilers game was a playoff game, this loss would be worse than that one...17 points with less than 4 minutes left!!!

I will ALWAYS BE A TEXANS FAN!! No matter how difficult it gets!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #24
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I answered no. I also had the Tennessee game in mind but it was close.
Old 10-05-2008   #25
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Its got to be, its a horrible loss at a horrible time. We had a chance to go 1-3 along with the colts in a division and league that'll have some low records in the playoffs this year. We needed this win. But TBH I can still see us making the playoffs if we win the next 3......
PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? We are 0-3 in the division - I think not. We will be lucky to win 3 games the rest of this season. I'm rarely this negative but our team's play is so why can't I be?
Old 10-05-2008   #26
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it's the worst loss, but it's the most pissed I've ever been at this team.

My apologies to the folks in 547 who had to witness that meltdown.....nevermind the Texans.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #27
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

YESYESYES.

This one cut deeper than any others that i can think of. Especially when i felt like an ***** at the end of the game cause once we took the 17 point lead, I kept on shouting "It's over" at the stadium.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2008   #28
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

This is a really tough question, theres so many to pick from
Old 10-05-2008   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
IMHO NO!! The loss to Tenn at home year before last when VY made that TD and announced I OWN THIS HOUSE!! I will never forget that loss!! One of the most emotional games I had been to in YEARS!!! I rarely cry after a football game, but, I bawled like a stupid id*ot after that one. A horrible feeling stayed with me for weeks. Todays loss just makes me sad, simply because I believe our boys are so much better than their record, and they're having a hard time pulling it together. I will not give up on them, I just can't do that!!
I agree completely, SheTexan. The VY game was worse than today, but only by a margin. We have endured some brutal losses at Reliant, though. The two Titans losses and today are definitely the worst three.

It's "only" four games into the season, so anything can happen. But a loss like today can crush a team's spirit and permeate the place with a black cloud of losing. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but it won't surprise me if our boys don't rebound this season.
Old 10-05-2008   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

A loss is a loss , they all suck .... and all count as one in the L column

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #31
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Not even close the worst was having VY own us in reliant stadium his rookie season when he scrambled for like 99 yeards for a touchdown on the final play.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #32
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A loss is a loss , they all suck .... and all count as one in the L column
Though that's true in the end, games you find an icredible way to take from the jaws of victory, as Houston teams seem to have a knack for, are a little hard to swallow.

Yeah, it's just 1 loss when it's all said and done, but when you know it's a game that should have been a W, that's tough to take.

BTW, stop one 4th down play in each of the last 2 games and this team is 2-2 and sitting in 2nd place in the division. That's how close this game is.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #33
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
What about the Steve Mcnair to Bennett (I think) at the end of the game at Reliant a few years back? That one hurt too.
Especially when that play came on 4th down with less than a minute to play.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #34
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this was a huge choke job but it wasnt like the oilers choke. The Texans arent thinking super bowl or serious playoff contenders even if they do win, that oilers team was talking super bowl coming off a division title in 91 and injuries limited them to just getting a wild card in 1992. They kept saying the playoffs is a chance to redeem ourself for a subpar regular season. Then to add to it they had just smashed the Bills and knocked Jim Kelly out of this game the week before. Lets not get crazy on letting those oilers off the hook.
Old 10-06-2008   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

You could take all 68 Texans losses and they collectively wouldn't even scratch the surface of the 35-3 game. There simply is no comparison to that game, none in NFL history.

yes, losing the Colts game sucks. Losing against VY's run and last year's 8 FGs Titans game sucked.

But, those are mere specs of sand on the Oilers' Beach of Historic Meltdown.
Old 10-06-2008   #36
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I know this was a huge choke job but it wasnt like the oilers choke. The Texans arent thinking super bowl or serious playoff contenders even if they do win, that oilers team was talking super bowl coming off a division title in 91 and injuries limited them to just getting a wild card in 1992. They kept saying the playoffs is a chance to redeem ourself for a subpar regular season. Then to add to it they had just smashed the Bills and knocked Jim Kelly out of this game the week before. Lets not get crazy on letting those oilers off the hook.
i forgot about that. we dominated them for 6 quarters. we were so much better than that buffalo team its stupid. field full of idiots. coaches included.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #37
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

We havent even spoke about Stagger Lee, losing a 2 td lead against Elway in 91, losing to the Chefs in 93 on a 12 game win streak. The Texans havent even begun to gag like those teams yet.
Old 10-06-2008   #38
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

And yet, we keep coming back to the table to be beat again over and over. I'm thinking to be a Houston Football fan, you gotta have alot of masochist in ya. For 41 years of my 50 here on this earth, I've been a fan of Houston Football. Haven't I suffered enough?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #39
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt Texans give up three td lead to rams? at home?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #40
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

That team was 2-14 it wasn't shock to blow a game nor a lead.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read