Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #1
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742
Default Looking ahead

Do you guys even think we can beat the Dolphins next week? 2 weeks ago, possibly even just a couple days ago, people would have written them off as a win. Now, I'm not so sure. They have beaten the Patriots and now the Chargers.

How does 0-5 sound to you guys? It doesn't sound very good to me. I was at the game today and Bob Mcnair along with Smith were both standing a good 7 yards from where my seats were located as the Texans slowly lost the game in the 4th quarter. I wish you guys could see the look of disbelief in Mcnairs face. It didn't get any better when the crowd started booing at the end.

What I'm trying to get at is, obviously Mcnair and co. know that there needs to be change, but what will be done? How can they react? Do they just ignore the booing?

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of 0 - 5 is horrifying.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking ahead

I can only handle one embarrassing loss at a time please, thank you.
Old 10-05-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a very real chance that we lose to Miami next week, that team is night and day from where it was last year. We can play with them at home but after seeing this game I think id be surprised if we weren't 0-5.
Old 10-05-2008   #4
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking ahead.

The short term forecast is that we'll suck. The longer term forecast is that we'll suck some more.

We'll get worked by the Dolphins (a team that actually is getting it's crap together).

We're lucky we've got the Lions & Bengals on the schedule. We should be able to beat them. Plus we get them at home, so that should count for something right?

We may not get the first pick in the draft next year, but we're putting up a hell of a fight for it.
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can this team beat a team who has beaten the Patriots and Chargers in the last two weeks?

No.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
There is a very real chance that we lose to Miami next week, that team is night and day from where it was last year. We can play with them at home but after seeing this game I think id be surprised if we weren't 0-5.
Last year they were struggling to just win one game, and now look at them. And some people said it takes two or three years to rebuild.

It's all about getting the right people to run the show.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

something tells me we wont bet the Lions or the Bengals this year and someone mentioned that he wouldnt feel bad if Mario and Ryans left after their contracts are up I also feel the same
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2008   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Last year they were struggling to just win one game, and now look at them. And some people said it takes two or three years to rebuild.

It's all about getting the right people to run the show.
Rebuild? That means you have to have actually been built to start off with. We'll have a great economy before the Texans ever sniff rebuilding. It doesn't look like they will ever have their initial build.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #9
CrosbyTexansFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

As you all can see, I have not posted many time here. Mainly cause I usually dont get caught up in this sort of thing. Obviously, it takes something horribly drastic to be happening for me to come in here to vent like this. Well, today's game was unacceptable, its simple as that. The Texans were supposed to be competitive this season. Even national NFL people were predicting a repectable season from them...not just local talking heads. THAT is what makes what is going on so unacceptable. I believe McNair knows this as well...so the question is, what is he going to do about it? And I'm sure he DID look totally discusted with the end of this game.....he should be even more so than the fans......after all he's the one putting up the dollars for these players, & coaches, etc. Back in the old days of the Oilers, the front office made so many knee jerk moves that it was Bud's calling card, it ruined that team. But, McNair has to do somthing soon, or those sell out games he enjoys every game may start to dwindle........just like the Oilers of old.
Old 10-05-2008   #10
will742
Nukkkk

Rep Power: 102 will742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respectedwill742 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to will742

I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock of the league to defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).

Last edited by will742; 10-05-2008 at 05:01 PM.
will742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

it will be a competive game thats all i gots to say
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyTexansFan View Post
As you all can see, I have not posted many time here. Mainly cause I usually dont get caught up in this sort of thing. Obviously, it takes something horribly drastic to be happening for me to come in here to vent like this. Well, today's game was unacceptable, its simple as that. The Texans were supposed to be competitive this season. Even national NFL people were predicting a repectable season from them...not just local talking heads. THAT is what makes what is going on so unacceptable. I believe McNair knows this as well...so the question is, what is he going to do about it? And I'm sure he DID look totally discusted with the end of this game.....he should be even more so than the fans......after all he's the one putting up the dollars for these players, & coaches, etc. Back in the old days of the Oilers, the front office made so many knee jerk moves that it was Bud's calling card, it ruined that team. But, McNair has to do somthing soon, or those sell out games he enjoys every game may start to dwindle........just like the Oilers of old.
we have been competitive tho we just lost to divison teams u see IMO next week will show us alot about our team because we face another "NON" divison oppent up and coming team
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by will742 View Post
I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).
Atlanta is another team that is doing good that was one of the worst last year. Every year theres team that always surprise, and it kills me that its never us. 7 years now and we've been constantly at the bottom of the league.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen, we will suck the rest of the year. We will win just enough garbage games while playoff bound teams are resting starters to fu@k up a good draft pick.
Old 10-05-2008   #15
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by will742 View Post
I just find it amazing how after a 1-15 season the Dolphins can go from laughing stock of the league to defeating the Patriots and the Chargers while we sit here and remain mediocre (at best).
it could happen to be "Bills Will" and the hard nose attitude he brought with him. They also arent making stupid plays just crazy college stuff
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #16
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right about now, it feels like the thread title should be:

LLLLLLLLLLLLooking ahead.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #17
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

How embarassing is it going to be when we host MNF if we continue to play this way? How many people are going to tune into this team?

This was supposed to be our year we improved enough to warrant national attention. At this point, "WTF" pretty much sums it up.
Old 10-05-2008   #18
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I'll tell you exactly what is going to happen, we will suck the rest of the year. We will win just enough garbage games while playoff bound teams are resting starters to fu@k up a good draft pick.
Those high picks are over-rated, you can find great players later in round 1 and throughout the draft (something we have not done). Also even if you hit with those picks you have to shell out big time cash for them. I've been looking forward to the draft for too long, we just need some wins, screw everything else.
Old 10-05-2008   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
We're lucky we've got the Lions & Bengals on the schedule. We should be able to beat them.
Are you kidding? The Lions and Bengals are looking at the schedule and thinking they can at least get a win there.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Are you kidding? The Lions and Bengals are looking at the schedule and thinking they can at least get a win there.
OK ... I see the lion ... where are we ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read