Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-07-2005   #41
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Name Position Year School HT WT 40 Round
Matthew Tant FB Junior Vanderbilt 6'0 240 4.70 4-6
Rian Wallace OLB Junior Temple 6'3 240 4.65 1-2
Jovan Haye DE Junior Vanderbilt 6'2 270 4.80 4-5
Larry Brackins WR Junior Peral River CC 6'4 221 4.46 5-6
Ciatrick Fason RB Junior Florida 6'0 220 4.50 2
Peter Sands FS Senior* Central Florida 6'3 230 4.65 FA
T.A. McLendon RB Junior NC State 5'11 215 4.45 3-4
Alex Smith QB Junior Utah 6'4 212 4.68 1-2
Chris Henry WR Junior West Virginia 6'5 205 4.47 3-4
Fabian Washington CB Junior Nebraska 5'10 190 4.40 2-3
Vernand Morency RB Junior Oklahoma State 5'11 215 4.38 2-3
Aaron Rodgers QB Junior California 6'2 220 4.72 1
Thomas Davis FS Junior Georgia 6'2 230 4.50 1
Shawne Merriman DE Junior Maryland 6'4 245 4.60 3
Ryan Moats RB Junior Louisiana Tech 5'9 205 4.55 4-5
Eric Shelton RB Junior Louisville 6'3 245 4.52 1-2
Justin Miller CB Junior Clemson 5'11 190 4.41 1
Channing Crowder ILB RS-Soph Florida 6'3 245 4.60 1
Odell Thurman ILB Junior Georgia 6'1 230 4.70 2-3
Adam Jones CB Junior West Virginia 5'10 185 4.45 1-2
Roscoe Parrish WR Junior Miami 5'9 172 4.35 4-5
Brandon Browner CB RS-Soph Oregon State 6'4 202 4.53 1-2
Damien Nash RB Junior Missouri 5'11 215 4.34 5-6
Jason Allen FS/CB Junior Tennessee 6'2 200 4.45 2
Frank Gore RB Junior Miami 5'10 220 4.50 5-6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #42
texans
Veteran

Default Frank Gore

Frank gore just entered the draft and i was thinking that he would be a great pick for us in the 4th or 5th and would be the brusier the dom wants.

(sorry about no like is on KFFL)
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #43
texans
Veteran

Default Frank Gore

Just saw that declared on espn. He would be a steal in the fourth of 5th round. Do u think he could the brusier the dom wants?
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #44
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Name Position Year School HT WT 40 Round
Shawne Merriman DE Junior Maryland 6'4 245 4.60 3
Not sure where you're getting the "round" information, but Merriman received a 1st or 2nd round recommendation from the NFL's underclassman evaluation committee. And they're usually pretty conservative with those recommendations.
Old 01-07-2005   #45
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
Frank gore just entered the draft and i was thinking that he would be a great pick for us in the 4th or 5th and would be the brusier the dom wants.
The brusier that Dom wants?

Think big. Like 6'3", around 250 big. Like Eric Shelton of Louisville
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
The brusier that Dom wants?

Think big. Like 6'3", around 250 big. Like Eric Shelton of Louisville
Or Kay Jay on the 2nd day--a classic Casserly move to get a RB low looking for a diamond in the rough.
Old 01-07-2005   #47
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

My only concerns with Kay Jay are his age (played minor league baseball for 4 years), his durability, and his blocking/recieving skills. The blocking and recieving isn't a huge deal since DD is an excellent reciever, and if we were to draft Kay Jay he'd likely be in on short yardage scenarios where everyone knows we'll be running for the first down or TD. Just about every RB has to work on picking up the blitz when they come to the NFL, and some pick it up quicker than others. As far as his age it is only a concern because of the relatively short careers that most RBs have. Once a RB hits 30 he is considered over the hill, and essientially done. Curtis Martin is the oldest player to lead the league in rushing, and he's 31.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2005   #48
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't saying Brown isn't the better prospect, more of a Kay Jay looks like a possibility for a bruiser back as well and it wouldn't be surprising if they filled other spots above and then went for him in the 4th.
Old 01-07-2005   #49
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Kay Jay is definatly not a solution for our running game. If we draft an RB high, its going to be someone who we think could replace DD as the franchise back. Kay Jay is just too old.

Merriman could be a good choice for us if we trade down in the 1st.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #50
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I wasn't saying Brown isn't the better prospect, more of a Kay Jay looks like a possibility for a bruiser back as well and it wouldn't be surprising if they filled other spots above and then went for him in the 4th.
I'd agree with that. RB, although a concern, isn't our most pressing need. I, too, would expect another 2nd day RB pick, but I'd prefer it not to be Kay Jay.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #51
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans

(sorry about no like is on KFFL)
Gore is pretty strong but he is NOT a bruiser. in fact I think of him as a more injury prone version of Hollings. Shelton, Jacobs and Harris or the only true bruisers in this draft.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #52
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Mathias Kiwanuka said he is staying for his senior year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1961970
Old 01-07-2005   #53
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiwanuka will not enter draft

LINK

Boston College: Defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka said Friday that he will stay at the school for his final year of eligibility as the Eagles move into the Atlantic Coast Conference next season.

Kiwanuka, the Big East defensive player of the year, spent a few days discussing his options with his family and Don Horton, the assistant coach who originally recruited him, before coming to a decision.

"I felt like there's still some areas of my game that I could improve on and be 100 percent when I make the leap," Kiwanuka said in a conference call. "I was still hearing conflicting views. I was still hearing that I could still be drafted in the first round. It was just my college career and just not being satisfied with what I've done so far."

Kiwanuka, who led BC with 11 sacks and 24 tackles for losses this past season, said a big part of his decision was the chance to play in the ACC next year.

"I've enjoyed my time at Boston College," Kiwanuka said. "A part of it is college life, playing college football and now we get to go to the ACC, which I think, in my opinion, is the best conference in the country. Being in that spotlight before I take it to the NFL is important."
Old 01-07-2005   #54
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think this is a good decision for him, barring injury if he can add on another 15 lbs or so and refine his game a little more he could be a top 5 pick next draft.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #55
TexansCanes
All Pro

if gore wants to do anything is this league he has to get back down to his old playing weight. he put on a lot of lbs since his second knee and if he could lose 10 or 15 he might be able to return to his old form of 9.1 yards a carry. gore isn't the brusier that dom is looking for. is game is a cut back speed game.
Old 01-07-2005   #56
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

ESPN has a running list up.

Wolf's post from draftshowcase...

Quote:
*Texas has already had Jonathan Scott stay, but sources close to Texas say they expect to lose at least one junior by the time this is all done. DT Rodrique Wright has made it pretty clear he's returning, so it looks as though the early defector could FS/CB Michael Huff.
Huff has announced he's staying. Texas will keep their 3 junior prospects.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #57
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

This darft is getting uglier by the day for us. Trade down is now probaly a real possibilty in the minds of the FO crew.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #58
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

1/7/05
*Two more names in the draft pool as Tennessee FS/CB Jason Allen has declared. I felt Allen would be at top 15 type guy in next year's draft, but he'll probably still have a shot at late 1st this year, although he'll probably end up as more of a 2nd Rounder. Missouri's RB Damien Nash, who left school about a month back has declared for the draft rather than transferring. He's a speedy back, but somewhat raw and will likely go in the 5-6 range.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/underclassmen.htm
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #59
TexansCanes
All Pro

ernest shazor, who was suppose to make a decision on jan 15, has been said that he might leave. i think Edwards leaked some info about the situation.
Old 01-09-2005   #60
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone remember or know the name of the defensive tacke from Utah? The guy was just dominating all game long against Pittsburgh. I don't know if he's sophomore or junior, but that guy was just awesome. He's from Hawaii I think..

What do guys think about Vernand Morency? He was one of the best in the nation and maybe we can pick him up in the 3rd round if he's available. Also, Fabian Washington is a very good d-back.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read