Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #61
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vent Here However Keep it Civil

BOHICA !
Old 10-05-2008   #62
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

oh man I love me some bohica
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #63
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was flipping through the channels tonight and I saw a program on National Geographic called "Aftermath : Population Zero". I thought it was a show about the fan base of the Houston Texans.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #64
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

The next person to EVER say that Sage is a better QB over Schaub will get donkey punched by me.

First the Cubs, now the Texans with the most heart-breaking, dumb-founding loss of their history. We sat in stunned silence watching the end of that game. One man cost them the game, plain and simple. Everyone else played a damn good game, and Sage gives the game away completely. Who was he even throwing to on that interception?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #65
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
First the Cubs
Now I don't feel so bad, it could have been worse.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #66
LoneStarState
Veteran

Sad thing is I kept waiting for the other shoe to fall during the game. I guess all four shoes fell off the bull today...

Depressing...
Old 10-05-2008   #67
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Now I don't feel so bad, it could have been worse.
I've got two things to look forward to the rest of this year:

1. Some nasty Ron Artest giving the Rockets some balls.
2. Illinois' Juice Williams lighting people up.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2008   #68
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this team and that friggin half a coach. I am sure I will love them again tomorrow, but right now - hate is the operative word.
Old 10-05-2008   #69
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I hate this team and that friggin half a coach. I am sure I will love them again tomorrow, but right now - hate is the operative word.
I feel your pain....and it's becoming increasingly obvious that the Oilers weren't cursed. Houston professional football was and is cursed.

Now we have 35-3, Stagger Lee, The River Game in Three Rivers 1979, The 'Renfro', Montana to Cash, Elway's 'Other' Comeback, Buddy's Punch, and now we have Sage's Surprise. Granted, Sage's chokejob was regular season but were the Texans, its not like we are postseason material anytime soon. Take what you can get.

When will the first fans wear their paper bags? I guarantee you if the Dolphins come in and punk the Texans, I may have to get myself fitted for one.
Old 10-05-2008   #70
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

how about not using a bag and just not show up to the game
Old 10-05-2008   #71
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I can't even feel hate. I'm just hollow inside. Save for Illinois putting a smackdown on Michigan, it's been a bad sports week for me. I'm going to become a Dynamo fan.

Old 10-05-2008   #72
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't even feel hate. I'm just hollow inside. Save for Illinois putting a smackdown on Michigan, it's been a bad sports week for me. I'm going to become a Dynamo fan.
I am a very mellow, laid back person and almost got into a fight at BW3 after the game with a Cowboy fan. I am still fired up and am waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can put myself through more torture via a replay of the Chronicles of Rosenfels.
Old 10-05-2008   #73
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
how about not using a bag and just not show up to the game
tickets are paid for and everything besides the product on the field is a lot of fun...as our tailgating is great and we have some of the friendliest fans in the game.
Old 10-05-2008   #74
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
tickets are paid for and everything besides the product on the field is a lot of fun...as our tailgating is great and we have some of the friendliest fans in the game.
well hell lets just tailgate it up and not walk into the stadium
Old 10-05-2008   #75
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I am a very mellow, laid back person and almost got into a fight at BW3 after the game with a Cowboy fan. I am still fired up and am waiting for my wife to fall asleep so I can put myself through more torture via a replay of the Chronicles of Rosenfels.
Which BW3? And almost getting into a fight with a Cowboys fan is no biggie...they're an annoying lot. They almost beg for a good beating.

Old 10-06-2008   #76
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Which BW3? And almost getting into a fight with a Cowboys fan is no biggie...they're an annoying lot. They almost beg for a good beating.
Kirby, near Rice Univ.
Old 10-06-2008   #77
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's Keep It Civil Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I hope anyone who sees him in Houston gives him the booing of a lifetimme
No one feels worse about this than Sage Rosenfelds, maybe his wife. The guy was one season away from a forty to sixty million dollar contract. That got left on Reliant's floor with three something left on the clock. Makes you feel better boo him. He can't feel any worse than he already does. Not many of us can say that we know what losing forty million bucks is like. Sad thing about it is they played the best game of the last two years. Went from their best to their worst very quickly.
Old 10-06-2008   #78
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I have been hating this team for a while now. I gave some truly serious thought to unloading the PSLs and season tix this past off-season, but I decided to stick it out another year. No more. I'll watch on TV and I'll hope and pray, but I am selling the PSLs and tix ASAP. I am hoping that my anger levels will decline proportionally with my financial investment.

Like you, I have been pissed off all day. My wife knows better than to even talk to me and I haven't been answering the phone. Any hobby/side interest/whatever the %$^& this is shouldn't become masochism. This is taking years off my life, I swear.
Old 10-06-2008   #79
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so sick of feeling this way about this team... I still love'em, and I always will, there's just no way to stop that... but man, I hate having this feeling every friggin' Sunday. It ruins my day (and my wife's).

The really horrible thing about this game though, is that for me - there's a world of difference between 0-3 and 0-4. If they were 1-3, I could have felt "hey, our one win is against a pretty good Colts team (despite their record) and we can now realistically win 3 more at home against some less-elite opponents."

Instead - even if we win next week, what am I going to say? "Yay, we're 1-4, and our win is against a Dolphins team that was 2-2, and if we win two more in a row, we'll be 3-4."

Big whoop.

So yeah, this one stings like hell... and even if we win the next three weeks, it's going to be hard for me to get excited about it. Beating a solid team like Indy would have gone a LONG way to some really positive feelings - especially since we could've all looked at each other REALISTICALLY and said - "hey, we can definitely be 4-3 in a few more weeks."

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #80
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm so sick of feeling this way about this team... I still love'em, and I always will, there's just no way to stop that... but man, I hate having this feeling every friggin' Sunday. It ruins my day (and my wife's).

The really horrible thing about this game though, is that for me - there's a world of difference between 0-3 and 0-4. If they were 1-3, I could have felt "hey, our one win is against a pretty good Colts team (despite their record) and we can now realistically win 3 more at home against some less-elite opponents."

Instead - even if we win next week, what am I going to say? "Yay, we're 1-4, and our win is against a Dolphins team that was 2-2, and if we win two more in a row, we'll be 3-4."

Big whoop.
Yup. If we pull off our first ever 3 game win streak, we'll almost be average.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read