Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2008   #21
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's Keep It Civil Everyone

I'm sure the board is nothing compared to Kirby Drive right now.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #22
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on folks, this is sports, not life or death.

Yeah, I'm bummed as hell. Yes, I'm sick of this franchise finding a new way to rip a fan's heart out week after week. And I'm really unhappy with a particular player's mistakes late in the game, which is all the more unfortunate because he was playing a damn good game until he started trying to do too much.

And yes, we need to vent. And within a sports context, looking at what went right and, ultimately (unfortunately), what went wrong.

Joking about bodily harm is just not funny. Especially when you consider there have been soccer players in the worlds who HAVE been killed after making really boneheaded plays that cost the game.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #23
CrosbyTexansFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCrosbyTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I know this is a tough loss with the big come from ahead defeat, Sage vs. Matt, etc. etc.

Let's try to keep the board as civil as possible and post with some dignity.

Thanks.
I'm totally "civil".

But Sage should have been cut & run out of the stadium before the game even ended. This is just unacceptable.

Shaub should have been in there for the last series, no matter how bad he "felt".
Old 10-05-2008   #24
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
It's a freaking game, get over it. I don't give a crap how much you or anyone is crying about this. It's a freaking game. You can talk about firing someone, cutting someone(from the roster), yelling at someone, heck insulting them and calling them stupid..but jokes about burning and murder, well sorry for thinking that's over the top. You can find another way to illustrate just HOW angry you are without losing civility and class.
Wow. Just wow.

I hope nobody ever start booing you as you walk down the street.

Find a post where I said anything close to I want to murder him. I was talking about one of my friends & it was obviously just a joke.

Last edited by bah007; 10-05-2008 at 04:58 PM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This kind of loss will make you stop caring. When you expect to lose practically every week it's hard to continue to care.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #26
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
It's a freaking game, get over it. I don't give a crap how much you or anyone is crying about this. It's a freaking game. You can talk about firing someone, cutting someone(from the roster), yelling at someone, heck insulting them and calling them stupid..but jokes about burning and murder, well sorry for thinking that's over the top. You can find another way to illustrate just HOW angry you are without losing civility and class.
For some people that is the way they vent. I completely understand. There is no "putting things in perspective" about football being a game. For some people, this is what they thrive on or bluntly s**t on a daily basis. This is serious. So if our team is not showing the fire that some of us will display then there is a serious problem with the team. By the way, did you think the Colts thought it was just a game?
Old 10-05-2008   #27
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 20009 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

So what's our top priority in the draft
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2008   #28
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's Keep It Civil Everyone
Classic.

Old 10-05-2008   #29
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I really feel sorry for Sage right now. From everything I've heard he's a pretty descent guy and liked and respected by his teammates. Maybe not too much right now though, huh ?
The Texans bounce-back attitude in this game after last weeks heartbreaking OT loss was admirable, so I wonder about next week ? Gonna be even tougher to come back and produce a sustained effort after this kind of loss.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #30
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

[SARCASM] Hey EVERYONE, let's get LOADED on OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/SARCASM]

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #31
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keep it civil?

Are you serious? You're worried about people burning sage on a message board? I'd be more worried about real life. Look that guy is what he is. He's a backup. That's all. I don't know why this was a shock to anybody. He has taken risks with the ball his entire career. That's probably why he's a backup. No wait. That IS why he's a backup.

Is tar and feathering not considered a reasonable request. It was a legitimate punishment up until only about 150 years ago.

Let people vent here. Hopefully somebody vents here instead of going out and taking something out on their dog, kid, wife, neighbor, city, whatever.....

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #32
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
[SARCASM] Hey EVERYONE, let's get LOADED on OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/SARCASM]
I think it's fair to say that most of us are getting loaded right now.... and not on optimism.
Old 10-05-2008   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suckage Redined

Sorry but I had to rename this thread. There will be no sugar coating this garbage. Carry on.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #34
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So what's our top priority in the draft
Having any fans left by time it comes around.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #35
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I just walked into my house after my ride home from Reliant Stadium. I don't know whether to scream or cry.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #36
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
I just walked into my house after my ride home from Reliant Stadium. I don't know whether to scream or cry.
try both
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #37
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Sorry but I had to rename this thread. There will be no sugar coating this garbage. Carry on.
I was wondering who changed it!

Yes, it was garbage, covered in Turd, wrapped in Offal and served chilled.
Old 10-05-2008   #38
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Is it ok that I find others pain amusing?
I do.
Old 10-05-2008   #39
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 20009 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
Be glad you don't have a 3 hr drive home
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #40
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suckage Redefined

Geez, I am so mad I initially typoed "redefined".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read