Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Oh the irony...

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Many Jags fans were oh so ecstatic about their win in the 2nd game last year and the fact that the Texans were starting their 3rd string QB and 3rd string RB made no difference to the epic proportions of their shutout win over the Texans, indelibly demonstrating their superority so I find this explanation of today's game from the Jags MB particularly ironic:

it is hard to offer any "props" when fred did not play and byron did not play except a qtr (mentally). If you want "crow" or "props" take it if it makes you feel better. not having a starting qb and rb, you probably should have beat us!

6 points in two games--way to go Jags.

He sounds like he's got a severe case of the Miami Dolphin fever. They shouldn't base their playoff hopes on 1 or two players LoL.

Jags= The next Dolphins :loser

Our defense looked fired up today.....Hope they can carry that over into 2005 season.D.D really ran hard...."Way to go Texans"

Txnpride said:
Our defense looked fired up today.....Hope they can carry that over into 2005 season.D.D really ran hard...."Way to go Texans"

I'll worry about the 2005 season when it gets here. Right now I just hope they can carry it over to the Browns game next Sunday. Three in a row sounds pretty sweet I think.

It's also an important step. I don't want to be halfway through next season and watching someone drag Carr down by some stupid pony tail when he promises to not cut his hair until the team wins three games straight. Best to go ahead and get that out of the way this season while we've still got time.

One more game guys, one more game.

infantrycak said:
Many Jags fans were oh so ecstatic about their win in the 2nd game last year and the fact that the Texans were starting their 3rd string QB and 3rd string RB made no difference to the epic proportions of their shutout win over the Texans, indelibly demonstrating their superority so I find this explanation of today's game from the Jags MB particularly ironic:

it is hard to offer any "props" when fred did not play and byron did not play except a qtr (mentally). If you want "crow" or "props" take it if it makes you feel better. not having a starting qb and rb, you probably should have beat us!

6 points in two games--way to go Jags.

Dime looks up at the scoreboard and sees Texans 21 and Jags 0. He wonders... "How do they not understand we did beat them again?"

I have a difficult time understanding the Jaguars. Their overall image has never struck me as a team going anywhere, let alone the playoffs... From their sluggish looking QB on down, where is the talent and greatness on that team?
Take the dirty plays out of their game plan and what's left? Really!
I don't watch many games of theirs though ..mainly just when they play the Texans. And those games for the most part make the Texans really look great. That's what I see.

infantrycak said:
I actually like Leftwich a lot, but come on doesn't he look exactly like Gary Coleman all grown up?

I'm just curious really but what exactly is it about Leftwich that you like? I (like a lot of us) don't really see him that much unless he's playing against us but I've yet to see him really look like someone I'd want as my quarterback. He's looked kind of slow, kind of careless, and kind of awkward the few times I've seen him. I understand he can take a hit (you seem to hear that constantly from the Jag fans) and that he's "tough" but I'm still waiting to see what he can do that makes him special.

infantrycak said:
I actually like Leftwich a lot, but come on doesn't he look exactly like Gary Coleman all grown up?
Sure does! .. and about as talented ..hehe

nfl1cb5_lower.jpg

Hervoyel said:
I'm just curious really but what exactly is it about Leftwich that you like? I (like a lot of us) don't really see him that much unless he's playing against us but I've yet to see him really look like someone I'd want as my quarterback. He's looked kind of slow, kind of careless, and kind of awkward the few times I've seen him. I understand he can take a hit (you seem to hear that constantly from the Jag fans) and that he's "tough" but I'm still waiting to see what he can do that makes him special.

Now I am the anti-Vick QB guy--I don't want my QB running around, I want him getting the ball to the guys hired to run around. That said, even Leftwich is lethargic for my tastes. I also give no credence to the he is tough thing--I see no more fight and will to be in the game from him than from Carr (yes he had the whole college carry me down the field thing but you're in the NFL now). He is also prone to turnovers so far IMO--not necessarily INT's or the numbers, but at crucial moments because when turnovers come does matter. So that is the negative side, on the positive he has a presence (the anti-Peyton Manning cry about any contact, complain to the refs about every call, whine about contact, etc.), he is not mobile but within his range has a very good feel and reaction to pressure and he goes through his progressions nicely, he isn't scared to throw the ball into tight spots and he has a strong arm capable of very accurate passes.

So that is kind of what I see in a non-nutshell.

OK anybody else laugh at Austin Powers in a nutshell?--bloody big nut.

Good posts. I had a higher opinion of Leftwich last season. Carr is more of the modern QB style. Leftwich does not have good mobility and is Bledsoe-like and the make-up of his team is going to suffer because of it over the course of his career. There is more speed and size on the edge than ever before and these drop back guys like Leftwich suffer a bit in direct comparison.

Leftwich is gifted enough to be a star in the NFL, but what seperates him from most is that he is loved and respected by his fellow teammates, they go the extra mile and follow his leadership unquestioned. That is one reason. Another is he has a soft touch on his intermediate throws & as infantry notes can hit his target in tight situations without fear. His mobility is average even when healthy but is elusive enough to be successful in the pocket which is his strength. If I remember correctly the Jaguars drafted him while the Vikings fell asleep during the draft and quickly where able to jump ahead and grab him with the 7th pick. So he is not #1 overall pick expensive, though I'm not sure what his contract pays, knowing Jacksonville however they are a little bit tight, therefore he is probably a steal, at the moment.

Because he is such a statue back there, DC's are starting to get the range on him and he is starting to take a pounding. After a couple of years I predict he will be let go and become a career backup. Not that he doesn't throw well, he is just to much of a target.

Fun to play what ifs--put Leftwich behind KC's OL. Then put Peyton behind the 2002 Texans OL. Shake--see who looks like a superstar.

Back