Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Sexy Pick

I'm starting to get worried.

Baldinger, Sharpe, now Marcellus Wiley.

Too many people are picking us to upset the Colts.

I don't know how to handle this.

At least Schlereth picked us to lose. So that's good.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #2
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Sexy Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm starting to get worried.

Baldinger, Sharpe, now Marcellus Wiley.

Too many people are picking us to upset the Colts.

I don't know how to handle this.

At least Schlereth picked us to lose. So that's good.
Contrary to what our fans on the boards believe, this team is not as bad as the doom and gloomers are saying. And the if we play like we did last week, the Colts are beatable. We are only a few plays away from being 2-1.

Good teams know they will make those plays, our team has not gotten to the point that they know.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Contrary to what our fans on the boards believe, this team is not as bad as the doom and gloomers are saying.
0-3 will do that to a fanbase.

I think we can play better than we have in these first three games, as well, FWIW. We just have to wait and see if they do it.
Old 10-03-2008   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

for what its worth this is the first game of the season I placed a wager on the Texans

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I think we'll win...and Slaton and Green will be the reason why...

Yes Green...Ahman Green. Hopefully Slaton will take off the load for Green and we will finally get some production from him...kinda like how MJD took the load off of Fred Taylor.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #6
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton is getting us some nice publicity around the news media so I think he's the real reason.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you take the load off of Green? Keep him from getting on the field at all? He'd probably trip on a gatoraid cup and break an ankle.

I can't even say, "Keep him from taking a single hit," because that wouldn't be enough protection for him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2008   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny for nothing different to happen since the lost everyone has this sudden confidence, as for me I never lost it.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
How do you take the load off of Green? Keep him from getting on the field at all? He'd probably trip on a gatoraid cup and break an ankle.

I can't even say, "Keep him from taking a single hit," because that wouldn't be enough protection for him.
Maybe just limit him from back-2-back carries. It sounds small but it could make a big difference for him.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #10
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

So which one of those guys do you think is sexy? 'Cuz I think they're all ugly men.

Granted, I picked the Texans this week too, so maybe you think *I'm* sexy...
Old 10-03-2008   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Maybe just limit him from back-2-back carries. It sounds small but it could make a big difference for him.
...........and make sure that he doesn't walk around on the side lines between plays.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
for what its worth this is the first game of the season I placed a wager on the Texans
i've fallen into that trap with a few guys as well, i've noticed everyone picking us as well. makes me nervous. agree that it's a must win for both sides.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This is a huge game for us win and be 1-3 and be some what happy or loose and be 0-4 and our hearts will really just sink.
Old 10-03-2008   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I've already sunk, Gary. So this week won't affect me. But if we can win at least 3 of these home games, I can start to feel better again.
Old 10-03-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'm sorry I was talking about the team.
Old 10-03-2008   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I've already sunk, Gary. So this week won't affect me. But if we can win at least 3 of these home games, I can start to feel better again.
3 wins would give us a fighting chance at a winning season
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit that I was worried about Schaub's performance the first 2 games, but he put together a nice game against the Jags last week. Now the Defense still scares the **#% out of me.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
I have to admit that I was worried about Schaub's performance the first 2 games, but he put together a nice game against the Jags last week. Now the Defense still scares the **#% out of me.
I'm not a moron, just because I think the team is better than the masses think it is, doesn't mean the defense doesn't scare me also.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

For what its worth, some on ESPN were picking us to upset the Steelers in week 1...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #20
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Those talking heads don't have an idea who's going to win any game ever. I don't think it's a jinx but it would probably be better if they were saying we were going to get killed. Then it would be a reverse jinx which could turn into good juju.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read