Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I don't know any other way to say this

We are at the precipice of another 2005-esque season.

The thing I'm most wondering after 3 weeks of football is whether we intend to keep anyone under 30 points this season.

In our three games we've seen that if our offense sucks we're going to give up 30+ and lose, if our offense is very ordinary we're going to give up 30+ and lose, and now finally if our offense plays well and racks up 27 points without any turnovers or sacks we're going to give up 30+ and lose.

I'm not on a ledge or anything so save your "Oh here come the chicken-little's out to cry about the season being over after 3 games". I can't find enough passion about the Texans to care enough to be crushed by the results today. They are more or less what I expect out of the team every week now. I'm just kind of back in that pattern of wondering how long they're going to let this (our inept defense) go before they do something about it.

I'm wondering if we're going to give up 30 points a game all year long and then get a list of excuses and injuries to explain it and then be looking at 2009 with the same defense talking about "taking it up to the next level" and producing nothing. No sacks, no turnovers, no pressure, no run defense, no pass defense, no containing the QB, no stopping anybody.

This is just embarrassing.
Old 09-28-2008   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I don't know any other way to say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We are at the precipice of another 2005-esque season.

The thing I'm most wondering after 3 weeks of football is whether we intend to keep anyone under 30 points this season.

In our three games we've seen that if our offense sucks we're going to give up 30+ and lose, if our offense is very ordinary we're going to give up 30+ and lose, and now finally if our offense plays well and racks up 27 points without any turnovers or sacks we're going to give up 30+ and lose.

I'm not on a ledge or anything so save your "Oh here come the chicken-little's out to cry about the season being over after 3 games". I can't find enough passion about the Texans to care enough to be crushed by the results today. They are more or less what I expect out of the team every week now. I'm just kind of back in that pattern of wondering how long they're going to let this (our inept defense) go before they do something about it.

I'm wondering if we're going to give up 30 points a game all year long and then get a list of excuses and injuries to explain it and then be looking at 2009 with the same defense talking about "taking it up to the next level" and producing nothing. No sacks, no turnovers, no pressure, no run defense, no pass defense, no containing the QB, no stopping anybody.

This is just embarrassing.
I thought we played better but my biggest concern by far is that Mario , Demeco , and AJ are sliding with the team .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way we a a 2-14 team

u saying that we cant beat the Lions fins or Cincy at home ??????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

of course we can.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Now granted we own the fish for some reason that no one can explain but you do understand that we've never beaten Cincinnati or Detroit don't you?

I see no reason to believe that our defense will hold either of those teams under 30 points. I was worried that Smith's unit would finish up around 24-25 in the league again but it's starting to look to me like he has his sights set on 30-32.
Old 09-28-2008   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep,

What I am most concerned about, is that this team looks exactly like it always has....I haven't seen any progression, esp. on defense.

I've wanted Smith gone since his first year, and would love to see a change made now.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #7
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:

That is 3-13. Not much different. It was killing me when Millen got fired from the Lions and it showed them with the WORST win percentage (WE ARE SECOND)

If we do not win at least 7 games this season will be a failure. I think we could do it but I also thought we would have a 10-6 record at the beginning of the season so what do I know?
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #8
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say wait until we have a few home games before we start talking 1st pick in the draft.
Old 09-28-2008   #9
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
. I can't find enough passion about the Texans to care enough to be crushed by the results today. They are more or less what I expect out of the team every week now. I'm just kind of back in that pattern of wondering how long they're going to let this (our inept defense) go before they do something about it.
This is exactly how I feel at this point. I root and cheer but at the end we're still at the bottom of the league and we can only hope to beat teams that really suck bad which might turn out to beat us. Who are we to laugh at the Lions, Raiders, and Dolphins? We're in the same boat as them in the rest of the NFL's eyes.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, I think we beat the Bengals and the Lions due to their QB issues and the fact that they have even less of a defense than we do (both of those teams).

But yeah, if our D doesn't un**** itself soon then we are in serious trouble.
Old 09-28-2008   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

well your pretty much just the opposite of me. but one thing is for sure. if your right and im wrong it will be because of the defense. im not sure why some of you cant see improvement in our offense. they look like they should be a top 10 unit this year.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

We sure as heck better beat Detroit and Cincy at home. The Fish could give us some trouble...
Old 09-28-2008   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Dick Smith really need another thread ? .... Fire the bastard already Gary .... or stay loyal to your guy and suffer the same fate that Dum Capers did.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #14
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

What is our Defense ranked right now???
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
What is our Defense ranked right now???
we have a defense?
Old 09-28-2008   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Who are we to laugh at the Lions, Raiders, and Dolphins? We're in the same boat as them in the rest of the NFL's eyes.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
To me, I think we beat the Bengals and the Lions due to their QB issues and the fact that they have even less of a defense than we do (both of those teams).
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
We sure as heck better beat Detroit and Cincy at home. The Fish could give us some trouble...
It says about the team when fans get excited about playing these teams so they can be proud of a win.

============================

The Texans just lost to a 1-2* team after the offense "finally played like they are capable". Pardon me if I'm not celebrating right now.

I know, they are now 2-2. Very exciting.
Old 09-28-2008   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
well your pretty much just the opposite of me. but one thing is for sure. if your right and im wrong it will be because of the defense. im not sure why some of you cant see improvement in our offense. they look like they should be a top 10 unit this year.
They look like they should be a top ten unit this year??

Because they came close to beating a team hampered with injuries that has been struggling and is 1-3 now but still lost? I guess you're just disregarding the first two games because they weren't what you wanted to see.

There is not one team in the league that is worried about this offense right now. Not one. They finally improved this week, but they have a ton of work to do.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans suck, oops thought thats what you where going to spew

Kubiak & staff blew another opportunity, take the penalty @ the beginning of the game, defense looked good, instead they declined & Del Rio hustled his offense going for it on 4th down breaking down a confused special teams unit thinking it was a punt. WHERES THE FREAKEN TIMEOUT KUBIAK!!!!!

other than that one play the Texans would have beaten the Jaguars. I really don't understand how they can be in such a funk everygame & cost their team important early points, its disturbing, ill prepared & mind bending

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #19
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
You forgot something--->
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
They look like they should be a top ten unit this year??

Because they came close to beating a team hampered with injuries that has been struggling and is 1-3 now but still lost? I guess you're just disregarding the first two games because they weren't what you wanted to see.

There is not one team in the league that is worried about this offense right now. Not one. They finally improved this week, but they have a ton of work to do.
when you look at how the offense is playing you usually dont look at the whether we won or not. you look at how the offense played. that seems simple to me, whatever. i think we scored everytime we touched the ball in the second half. im not sure you can look much better than scoring everytime you touch the ball. but by your logic the defense played so poorly that our offense is bad.

against tenn we moved the ball well against a real good defense just could'nt quite get it in. even against pitt we were moving the ball a little the defense just couldnt ever get us the ball. and we are talking about 3 of the best defenses in the league. these teams usually shut down everyone.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read