Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2008   #1
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC Playbook NFL Network

I have been feeling optimistic all week about this game but have wondered if I was just being foolish. I feel a little better after watching both Baldinger and Sharpe pick the Texans over the Colts. Baldy broke down the blocking in the run game vs TN & the Jags and how it open things up for Schaub. The lack of Bob Sanders coming up in the run should help us out, it was jusr good to hear someone pick us right, wrong or indifferent!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Playbook NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b4f68a
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was about to start athread for this.

These two analysts typically don't play favorites either. It seems like they showed every highlight we had on offense and were pimping Schaub and Slayton.

I have a feeling these guys might have picked right.

Here's to the 2nd best home opener in franchise history!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that pass from Schaub to Slaton was perfect. A thing of beauty.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good time to start a winning streak, but we will need some of this:

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Man, that pass from Schaub to Slaton was perfect. A thing of beauty.
I agree. I'm not sure it could've been executed any better. I suppose Schaub not getting knocked down would've made it better, but he dealt.

Win or lose, I hope the running game progresses this week with Slaton and now Gimpy because we have to keep Jughead off the field.
Old 10-03-2008   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I have been feeling optimistic all week about this game but have wondered if I was just being foolish. I feel a little better after watching both Baldinger and Sharpe pick the Texans over the Colts. Baldy broke down the blocking in the run game vs TN & the Jags and how it open things up for Schaub. The lack of Bob Sanders coming up in the run should help us out, it was jusr good to hear someone pick us right, wrong or indifferent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Thanks for posting this guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I was about to start athread for this.

These two analysts typically don't play favorites either. It seems like they showed every highlight we had on offense and were pimping Schaub and Slayton.

I have a feeling these guys might have picked right.

I agree, these guys are very fair and unbias and do not play favorites, they break it down nicely.
Old 10-03-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I can't get the video to play.
Old 10-03-2008   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
That's funny but true. This would be the 2nd biggest home opener in team history hands down. I'm titling it right now " The Recovery"
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I can't get the video to play.
Just go to Nfl.com and click on videos and find ours for week 5.
Old 10-03-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Just go to Nfl.com and click on videos and find ours for week 5.
Got it to work by clicking below, you were right. Great video, I am officially over optimistic for this week's game.....lol
Old 10-03-2008   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Though it was cool to see that, especially with the focus on the running game, I would like to see an analysis of the Texans defense with the coaches film.

I guess I am a masochist.
Old 10-03-2008   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Sterling Sharpe saying Slaton was the best back to come out of this draft kind of caught me by surprise.

Thanks for the link.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Baldinger has always liked Schaub. He was big on getting the QB before last season and was one of the few that originally pointed out HWSNBN's flaws and shortcomings on a national show. He has always spoken highly of MS, so hopefully the positive karma will rub off on Sunday.
Old 10-03-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Sterling Sharpe saying Slaton was the best back to come out of this draft kind of caught me by surprise.

Thanks for the link.
He wasn't the only one... I remember reading an article that said some GMs/Scouts also thought he was the best RB from the draft.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I feel retarded for being a little upset that Slaton was the RB picked.

PROVE ME WRONG STEVIE BOY!

Also, the breakdown seems very slanted for the Texans, and I am keeping myself from getting overjoyed and all of that mess.
Old 10-03-2008   #17
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Baldinger as a analyst he is pretty fair and he has been a big Schaub supporter. I just want him to be right so I can see the Texans kick the shit out of the colts.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Though it was cool to see that, especially with the focus on the running game, I would like to see an analysis of the Texans defense with the coaches film.

Let me get the latex suit and the whip out first
Old 10-04-2008   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

just when I was all happy over that nice segment you have to bring the D up and sober me up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
just when I was all happy over that nice segment you have to bring the D up and sober me up.

With the bookies favoring the Colts by 3 and placing game totals at 47 points, they are not being very complimentary to the D on either side. But, again, they are predicting that our D will win out as the biggest sieve and our O will fall short of being able to affect that last "big play." If we lose by 3points again, will it be OK with you all? Will we hear, "it was a good effort. It was an expected loss. There's no need to panic. We need to be patient. There's no need for change as yet."????????
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read