Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2004   #1
tiger06
Veteran

Default Fact or Fiction: Dunta was as good a draft pick for this franchise as Andre

I think Dunta will be the leader of our defense for years, beoming one of the elite corners in the league. It's already known Andre is great. This isn't who'd you rather have, so don't base it on that.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #2
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Fact: The kid is a stud!
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'll say faction.
Old 12-26-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Fact, he has a chance to be a top 3 CB in this league...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #5
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Fact. He's the big-play-making infusion of youth to the D, much like Andre is to the offense. They're both equally studnificent in my book.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #6
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

FACT !! this kid is a play maker !
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #7
Mistril48
All Pro

You say "Po-ta-toe," I say "Po-tat-oe" .... I guess this doesn't work very well in writing.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2004   #8
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

Fact: I personally think he was snubbed from the pro bowl cause he has the "rookie" tag on him. If he has the same stats or better next year he'll be there, no doubt about it.
Old 12-26-2004   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is as an influential pick to the team as AJ and David are. Different roles, but major impact to the welfare of the team. I suspect that Babin may wind up being as influential. Two majors on offense and two on defense. Pretty good thing I would say.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #10
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #11
Harry Biped
Rookie

When(if) the Texans turn into an elite NFL team, DR's fingerprints will be all over their success. The guy is a monster and has shown so much improvement since the beginning of the year. He will be a valuable part of the defense for years to come. I for one am thrilled that the Texans have both he and AJ on their roster. Two very solid 1st round choices.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
He is as an influential pick to the team as AJ and David are. Different roles, but major impact to the welfare of the team. I suspect that Babin may wind up being as influential. Two majors on offense and two on defense. Pretty good thing I would say.
Honestly, 3 for 3 in top 10 of the draft is excellent. the thing with Robinson he was not the obvious pick at 10 that Carr and AJ were in 2002 and 2003, so Casserly and comapny did their homework.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody wish they had Collerbone Rogers and MeAngelo Hall now?
Old 12-27-2004   #14
tiger06
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Anybody wish they had Collerbone Rogers and MeAngelo Hall now?
It's weird cause we could have ended up with those two. seems like we took what we were left. Rogers was taken #2, so we took Andre. Hall, who was seen by many as the best CB in the 04 draft, was taken ahead of us, leaving Dunta at #10. I don't know how things would have fared if we had been ahead of the Lions and Falcons, but I definitely love what we have and the job Casserly and co. have done.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #15
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
It's weird cause we could have ended up with those two. seems like we took what we were left. Rogers was taken #2, so we took Andre. Hall, who was seen by many as the best CB in the 04 draft, was taken ahead of us, leaving Dunta at #10. I don't know how things would have fared if we had been ahead of the Lions and Falcons, but I definitely love what we have and the job Casserly and co. have done.
I agree, but not absolutly. I think that the Texans are still suffering from the Boselli bust. If that O-Line pick had not been quite so risky maybe things would have gotten off to a better start. However, sometimes you have to take risks and to Boselli's credit he did reorg his contract. Im waitinng on the 3rd rounder we get for the Henson trade before I start "loving" him.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #16
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default Fact!

The Texans did it again....for the second year in a row they have drafted a R.O.Y. but this time on Defensive side of the ball!!! A.Johnson is a stud and will be one of the league's best in years to come and D~Rob is just that a robber of passes by the other team and simply a playmaker!!! The young man has been on the attack and all the time the other teams have being trying him! I think he is a great CB and will be one of the cornerstones to our great team!!!

Geaux Texans!!!

James H.
Baton Rouge, LA

P.S. if anyone has two good seats to the Browns game I need two!!!

Thanks!!!
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #17
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

and dont forget to give love to Babin, for a first year linebacker and converted end playing in the 3-4 he has played very well. he should get to the QB even more next year.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #18
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Fact: Every night before he goes to bed Dom Capers thanks his lucky stars he drafted both Dunta and Andre.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #19
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
Casserly was hinting pre-draft that the Texans preferred Johnson over Rogers and would be happy with either Hall or Robinson this year. We don't know what Hall would have done were he in Dunta's place or vice-versa. We seem to have gotten the better part of the deal, but Hall's been having a decent season, too.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #20
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Fact, but I bet Dunta couldnt man u on AJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read