Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2008   #41
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameday Thread - Texans VS Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm getting ready to be in my seat by kickoff. Hopefully most of our fans will find a way into the stadium by and in their seats by the anthem.

Agreed, the lack of A$$es in the seats at kick off is a shame! One of the best parts of game day is hearing the national Anthem in a crowded stadium before a sporting event, it gives me chills every time.

It take me 30 minutes to get from my parking spot to my seats in Loge II, of course my seats are at the opposite end of the stadium from the blue lot which is just my luck. When I take guests who have never been before they are always surprised when we start packing up an hour before kick of and head to the seat 30-45 minutes before kick off but thats what it takes to be AIS in time.

I am pumped about today getting our first of the year against a team that has owned us since of inception should give this town a real boost!

Go Texans!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #42
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Like i have said before....You guys better be there on time and really loud. I am talking so loud they can hear you in Galveston..shoot San Antonio. If you guys cant get get up for this game no matter what the record is...well......I know yall have had a lot of misfortunes, but this is the time to vent so let er rip...... I expect a good performance by the crowd., more than the Texans.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully the Texans have figured out HOW TO CALL A TIMEOUT, CHALLENGE A PLAY WHEN NEEDED, OUT PREPARE THE OPPOSITION, WANT THE GAME MORE & PLAY LIKE IT

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #44
RED_ROOSTER
Veteran

Lets kick some colt ass!!!
RED_ROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #45
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodell presser at 11:20am, in Houston. They're showing it at HT.com.

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #46
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans inactives are:
27 RB Chris Taylor
47 SS Will Demps
52 LB Xavier Adibi
64 G Kasey Studdard
87 TE Mark Bruener
97 DT Frank Okam
94 DE N.D. Kalu
78 T Rashad Butler

Changes to the Texans' starting lineup: Strong safety Brandon Harrison will start for Will Demps.

Colts' inactives are:
21 DB Bob Sanders
52 LB Buster Davis
72 T Corey Hilliard
76 T Dan Federkeil
83 WR Roy Hall
84 TE Jacob Tamme
90 DT Daniel Muir
92 DE Marcus Howard

Changes to the Colts' starting lineup: Charlie Johnson will start at left tackle for Tony Ugoh. Jamey Richard will start at left guard for Charlie Johnson. Mike Pollak will start at right guard for Dan Federkeil. Melvin Bullitt will start at strong safety for Bob Sanders.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday..._id=116&team=y
Old 10-05-2008   #47
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is starting today!!! Matt has the flu.
Old 10-05-2008   #48
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub will have a great day today. I'm benching Tony Romo in favor of Schaub in my FF league.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #49
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Texans inactives are:
27 RB Chris Taylor
47 SS Will Demps
52 LB Xavier Adibi
64 G Kasey Studdard
87 TE Mark Bruener
97 DT Frank Okam
94 DE N.D. Kalu
78 T Rashad Butler

Changes to the Texans' starting lineup: Strong safety Brandon Harrison will start for Will Demps.

Colts' inactives are:
21 DB Bob Sanders
52 LB Buster Davis
72 T Corey Hilliard
76 T Dan Federkeil
83 WR Roy Hall
84 TE Jacob Tamme
90 DT Daniel Muir
92 DE Marcus Howard

Changes to the Colts' starting lineup: Charlie Johnson will start at left tackle for Tony Ugoh. Jamey Richard will start at left guard for Charlie Johnson. Mike Pollak will start at right guard for Dan Federkeil. Melvin Bullitt will start at strong safety for Bob Sanders.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday..._id=116&team=y
Wait...Sapp is active?
Old 10-05-2008   #50
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Wait...Sapp is active?
Yea... I guess a back-up FB is more important then a back-up QB.

Oh wait, Matt Turk look pretty sazzy throwing the ball acouple of weeks ago on that epic fail FG, he must be our back-up QB today.
Old 10-05-2008   #51
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I think Schaub will have a great day today. I'm benching Tony Romo in favor of Schaub in my FF league.
Yea...good luck with that...

I'm in the horrible position of drafting Gerrard into Schaub's starting place in FF....happy times...just about time to hit the free agents to see who's floating around...

Worried about Sage coming into this, when the offense did well last week, though as long as the hand offs to Slaton go well, we should get some big plays when we have the ball, and O.D. will be open all day long for Sage to try and make some passes that aren't looking for streak routes all day long.

Nerves are in now after the Schaub news.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #52
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea... I guess a back-up FB is more important then a back-up QB.

Oh wait, Matt Turk look pretty sazzy throwing the ball acouple of weeks ago, he must be our back-up QB today.
We only have two qbs on the roster, and they're both active today.
Old 10-05-2008   #53
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Matt is out... They can put another guy in is place since he inactive now(I think, or is it set? Then we only have 52 today).
Old 10-05-2008   #54
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Matt is out... They can put another guy in is place since he inactive now(I think, or is it set? Then we only have 52 today).
Matt is active and will suit up. If both qbs get hurt, OD is the emergency third qb.
Old 10-05-2008   #55
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Ahem, we have three. One of them also doubles as the team weather man.
Old 10-05-2008   #56
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Matt is active and will suit up. If both qbs get hurt, OD is the emergency third qb.
Oh ok. I must've been misinformed. Thanks for clearing it up.

Sage last game against the colts.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...pe=REG&week=16

Pretty decent game.... but most of his stats were probably padded up in garbage time, since we were getting blown the heck out.
Old 10-05-2008   #57
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well folks, when the chips are down you shouldn't be walking in a cow pasture anyway.

GO TEXANS!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #58
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Run, run, run the ball crazily down the field...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #59
RED_ROOSTER
Veteran

Who will back up Sage if he goes down?
RED_ROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The TV announcer is sweatin' like a pig.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read