Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2008   #21
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Article

... and peyton WONT be running lol
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #22
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Are you talking about us or the Colts?

Cause we have to worry about Peyton more than anything, if we can get pressure and hit him early and often he can be thrown out of rythm.

With Sanders out for the Colts, I am loving the Slaton/Colts D matchup, and if Schaub plays as well as he did last week he will light them up. Another important matchup is going to be Freeney/Duane Brown on passing situations.
I was talking about us.
Old 10-02-2008   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Andre not too long ago chose to re-sign...
Yes he did, and that's on him. He did it when it looked like Kubiak was the man to turn things around.

There is some possibility that over time such opinions may change, especially if one is open to new data changing beliefs and conclusions.
Old 10-02-2008   #24
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

our biggest issues are the entire defense's lack of talent sans four guys one of which doesn't even play until week 9, oh and the defesnsive coordinators inability to coordinate a defense. the head coach didn't get a replay on the reception out of bounds so it's resonable to not throw the flag but he still should have when the offense was rushing to snap the ball. the other mistakes are consistant and need to be corrected.

the play of johnson in the tacks game was a concern but his over all play is hardly an issue yet. no doubt the players (just like us) are feeling the heartbreak of realizing that we're not as good as we thought we were in the preseason and not really understanding what we have to do to turn it around.

i wouldn't be suprised if our fragile egos get totally revived with a string of wins and we start playing closer to our potential.

i don't think we are as bad as we're playing right now. certainly, andre johnson isn't as bad as he played two weeks ago.

i expect us to play poorly again sunday as we are hopeless and scared. 3-4 coming out of the home stretch is the best we can hope for right now.
Old 10-02-2008   #25
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

btw

jags rb's averaged 3.3 ypc... 17 att for 57 yards
titans rb's averaged 3.75 ypc... 33 att for 124 yds

thats really good.. even better than i thought
Old 10-02-2008   #26
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i disagree... il think we've done a good job of slowing down two good rushing attacks in ten and jags. granted garrard and collins (lol) have burnt us some but when its a straight line up and run, we've been decent

i dont have the stats but id guess the last 2 week have been allowing 3.5-4 ypc to the rb's
Not good enough.
Old 10-02-2008   #27
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

if you think it the rbs that have been beating us the last two games, you've been watching different games than i have
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2008   #28
gary
Hall of Fame

It's a little bit of one and alot of the other wich is the passing game.
Old 10-02-2008   #29
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Yes he did,and that's on him. He did it when it looked like Kubiak was the man to turn things around.

There is some possibility that over time such opinions may change, especially if one is open to new data changing beliefs and conclusions.
True...

Just to throw an alternative viewpoint though: Maybe Dre is frustrated because he knows that they have the ability to win these games and he senses they are close...

I'm pretty sure knowing that you have the ability to do something and feeling like you are going to succeed yet coming up short can be pretty frustrating too...I'm pretty sure that has a lot of fans frustrated too...

I seriously doubt that Andre feels like they just can't get it done.
Old 10-02-2008   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Does it matter? Both of them still aren't up to parr.
Old 10-02-2008   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I am surprised this hasn't been talked about today either. The guy sounds burned out on losing and wasting his talent.
yeah, if us fans are burned out on it, you can only imagine what is going through his head.

But, that doesn't mean that he's quitting or even burned out. He's just tired of losing, and just by saying something, he could be inspiring the team in his own way.

I'm not giving up on this season just yet. While I'm not one to drink koolaide, it's only three games into our schedule. This team won three out of four to close out the last season, so we have to be positive and show up as fans this week to give them a moral boost and any homefield advantage we can offer. It sounds crazy optimistic, but if we can pull out a win this Sunday, then we could get on a roll in October.

Hopefully the team responds to AJ's concerns and shows up on Sunday.
Old 10-02-2008   #32
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
They aren't able to stop the run.
We're giving up 3.6 ypc against "real" running backs. That's not bad. EDIT: THis is for the past two games. I didn't include the Steeler game which was like a whole different season ago. My bad.

The problem is that we're giving up lots of yards to QB's and on trick plays. I refuse to include the yardage on that fake punt against the run defense.

The Jag's leading rushers were Garrard and Montell Owens who both got 41 yards rushing. Neither Taylor nor Jones-Drew got more than 33 yards.

Our defense was concentrating on stopping Taylor and Jones-Drew and they did a surprisingly good job of that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #33
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Andre not too long ago chose to re-sign...

If he was so concerned about the team not having a forseeable winning future then he made a terrible mistake...

I seriously doubt that he's thinking what you're implying....

Of course the losing is wearing on him...doesn't mean he thinks the team is doomed for failure because of ineptness...
I agree. I think this is mostly directed toward the fans and reporters talking about losing and urgency. I think AJ is just telling everyone that they are not only preaching to the choir -- they're preaching to the preacher.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #34
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
I agree. I think this is mostly directed toward the fans and reporters talking about losing and urgency. I think AJ is just telling everyone that they are not only preaching to the choir -- they're preaching to the preacher.
I seriously doubt it was directed at fans and reporters. Dre knows the problem is with the players and coaches.
Old 10-02-2008   #35
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
... and peyton WONT be running lol
At least we hope so...

* I can just see Manning taking off down the field, making a jump cut that fakes Greenwood out of his jock, then putting a spin move on a Demps.

I imagine, though, that the inertia from that huge head of his would knock him over if he tried a spin move.
Old 10-02-2008   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh. It is a Richard Justice article. Which means you need to immediately go back to the presser or see the video to really have a sense of the quotes in context. He sandwiches only a choice few quotes from the presser with his normal blurgh about the team.

The AP article that uses the some of the same quotes isn't so Debbie Downer. It emphasizes how effective the offense was even when AJ wasn't getting the catches.

Why write a freaking Andre Johnson article when the biggest problem of that game was not the passing? Because those were the quotes he had in front of him, I'm guessing.
Old 10-03-2008   #37
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

RJ may not be much of a sports writer, and for all I know he may not be much of a person I'd like to be around. However, there are lots of people I don't think much of who are correct about things occaisionally.

I think he makes some good points in this article. I remember an article three years ago that he wrote that had some insight. Lightning has struck twice!

The players aren't little company-line machines and never will be despite the Texans best corporate efforts. It is a safe bet that not all of them see success right around the corner.

The good thing about RJ's non-popularity is that I'll b able to use this line from the article with my friends and they probably won't have seen it:

"If you listen to some of these coaches long enough, you'd think they were designing a nuclear reactor".
Old 10-03-2008   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Winning cures all.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #39
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Winning cures all.
And???

Outside of a couple of micro streaks, when have the Texans been winning? Projecting lots of wins at the start of a season or next year isn't the winning to which that bromide refers.
Old 10-03-2008   #40
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

RJ may not be much of a sports writer, and for all I know he may not be much of a person I'd like to be around. However, there are lots of people I don't think much of who are correct about things occaisionally.

I think he makes some good points in this article. I remember an article three years ago that he wrote that had some insight. Lightning has struck twice!

The players aren't little company-line machines and never will be despite the Texans best corporate efforts. It is a safe bet that not all of them see success right around the corner.

The good thing about RJ's non-popularity is that I'll b able to use this line from the article with my friends and they probably won't have seen it:

"If you listen to some of these coaches long enough, you'd think they were designing a nuclear reactor".
I just thought it was a lot of nothing in the article.

Yes, Andre Johnson is tired of losing.
Yes, Andre Johnson would like to catch more balls, but he is most concerned with winning.

Why is this news?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read