Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many games do we win at home?
8-0 7 10.14%
7-1 11 15.94%
6-2 20 28.99%
5-3 17 24.64%
4-4 9 13.04%
3-5 3 4.35%
2-6 0 0%
1-7.... lower? 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How Many Home Games Can We Win?

Last year we went 6-2 at home, only losing to the Titans and Colts. We got the upset against NO, TB, and DEN. KC, MIA, were two of the worst teams that year and rightfully so, we beat them at home. We also won the gimme game against the Jags, in the season finale.

Our first home game this year start Sunday with us going against the Colts, who are coming off a bye week.

List of home games:

Colts
Dolphins
Lions
Bengals
Ravens
Jags
Titans
Bears

I think all of those games are winnable and I think it is very possible to go 4-0 during our home game streak(very hesitant to make predictions considering how I was embarrassed by my first two score predictions.).

7-1 isn't reaching is it? I think we could do that, with a loss coming from either the Bears, Titans, or Ravens. 5-3 might be more likely.

Add those to the games against CLE, OAK, and maybeee MIN, and we have a possible 8-8 or 10-6 record.

Am I expecting too much from the 0-3, inconsistent Texans? Is hoping for the defense to atleast play below average asking too much from Richard Smith and friends? I'd like to get other people thoughts on this. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is possible.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Many Home Games Can We Win?

Perfect at Home this Year!!!.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

untill we get 1 win I won't start counting more than that.
Old 10-01-2008   #4
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

6-2 Same again.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts
Dolphins
Lions
Bengals
Ravens
Jags
Titans
Bears

We can win them all, but I doubt we will. I see us beating the Dolphins (not a gimme), Lions & Bengals. I then see is scraping out two more wind from the rest of them to go 5-3 at home. You can bet their fans are marking us as one of their "Get well" games also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Colts
Dolphins
Lions
Bengals
Ravens
Jags
Titans
Bears

We can win them all, but I doubt we will. I see us beating the Dolphins (not a gimme), Lions & Bengals. I then see is scraping out two more wind from the rest of them to go 5-3 at home. You can bet their fans are marking us as one of their "Get well" games also.
After watching the Ravens & Steelers on Monday ..... That looks like its going to be a very difficult game to win ..... Sure would have been nice to play them earlier while their Rookie QB was still wet behind the ears. Flacco didnt look half bad in the first half of that game (I didnt watch the 2nd half), managed the offense and didnt make mistakes .... and that defense .... it may be old but .... that old dog still has some teeth.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens and Titans will probably beat us, IMO
Old 10-02-2008   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

4 and 4

Losing to the

Colts
Ravens
Titans
Bears
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The rampant optimism on this board is amusing sometimes.

I'd love to think we could win 6 games at home, I'm still not expecting to win 6 games period.

I plumped for 3.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #10
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
4 and 4

Losing to the

Colts
Ravens
Titans
Bears
Agreed
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #11
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 6-2, They are gonna come out of home stand at or near .500. Then They need do finish up the season strong to get to 10-6
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #12
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: How Many Home Games Can We Win?

I'm going with 5-3. But I won't be upset with 6 or more
Old 10-03-2008   #13
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Six...with #1 coming sunday.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Technically, the answer to the specific question is 8, but I chose 6-2.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

My admended to the amended posts I've made are still the same, sort of. We will win at most 9 games this year, but more than likely it will be between 6 to 9 games in our victory stats.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My admended to the amended posts I've made are still the same, sort of. We will win at most 9 games this year, but more than likely it will be between 6 to 9 games in our victory stats.
Thorn's been drinking , he cant recall if he said 6 or 9 wins ..... Neither can I. (for the record I voted 5-3 @ home)

Old 10-04-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn it, I'm old. Give me a break. LOL

Old 10-04-2008   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Damn it, I'm old. Give me a break. LOL
Its OK , I forgot already .

/wonders if we are entertaining.

Old 10-04-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

At this time of the morning? No one but us hungover and/or can't sleep folks are watching.

I wish it was Sunday already. I'm ready for the game. I honestly think this will be a close one just like the Jacksonville game. Hopefully this one we win.

Old 10-04-2008   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Superbowl .... eventually .... Someday .... Maybe.

I'm goin to bed before I'm dead and burried.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read