Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2004   #1
Jwwillis
All Pro

Default Jville next watch out!!

Looks like Jville are up to there old tricks. I just saw a cranium removing clothesline thrown by No.20 of Jville (ejected from the game). They had to take the Green Bay dude off the field in a stretcher. I always worry for our players when we play those dirt bags.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, hope the O-line is ready to show improvement protecting Carr.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Which brings up something interesting as the last time this was a discussion, it was when the Jags played us last year and Redmond went off on Moses' fair catch...

I was looking to see what reaction DelRio would have on Darius after he clotheslined Furguson - he seemed to have a slight grin, but also the "sorry, I tried to keep you in the game" look when Darius was ejected. At first, that reminded me of the "atta boy" have gave Redmond, oh so long ago and that pissed me off that he could care less.

But then, thinking about it - something like that, I doubt Jack tells his players to take some people out... but more to just play hard football with a determination to win. He doesn't make the players do the excessive hits... and if the players were to come to the sideline after that hit to be ripped into - would that be just a confusing message?

... and yes, one can play smart, hard hitting ball...

I'm just hoping Furguson is alright... that was just a heck of a WWE move that didn't belong in the NFL.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #5
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Now we get to play the role of playoff spoilers. Let's deny the Jags that Wildcard.
Old 12-19-2004   #6
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Darius said it wasn't purposely. He said he was swinging up for the ball. I don't know if that's true or not, but I don't think he was swinging for the guy's head. However, they do have a history against us of playing dirty. Then again- a lot of teams have players that do things illegally.

I agree with Wags
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #7
texansfan88
All Pro

Including us with peek

But what was Darius supposed to say? Yep, I did it purposely. I figure I'll be retired by the time we play them again and if I can take him out for the year, that's one less good team in the NFC when we get to the Super Bowl.

Cmon now
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2004   #8
Texas_Heat
Veteran

If the jags win their last two games their in as the last wild card team.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #9
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

So are you guys ready for your annual shut out?
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

So are you guys ready to try to even the series record with the Texans?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #11
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags will be tough at home but The Texans can win !
TEXANS 24
Jags 16
Old 12-20-2004   #12
RWBinJax
Rookie

Jwwillis:

I don't think anyone liked DD's hit on Ferg. Least of all, Jag's DT John Henderson. He chewed Darius out big time.

Since Darius does NOT have a history of cheap shots and since he was visibly upset by the injury, I think it was unintentional. This will not stop the fine, which he deserves.

In the meantime, let's hope for a good game,

By the way, it sort of depends on which side you are on when it comes to who is the "dirt bag." No offense meant, just an observation.
RWBinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #13
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
By that, it would have to be a yearly event in which our 3 year existence has happened once. Talkin smack considering we've already whipped you once this year.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Sorry our 3rd string QB and 3rd string RB are not starting this week.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #15
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBinJax
Jwwillis:

I don't think anyone liked DD's hit on Ferg. Least of all, Jag's DT John Henderson. He chewed Darius out big time.

Since Darius does NOT have a history of cheap shots and since he was visibly upset by the injury, I think it was unintentional. This will not stop the fine, which he deserves.

In the meantime, let's hope for a good game,

By the way, it sort of depends on which side you are on when it comes to who is the "dirt bag." No offense meant, just an observation.
As with the hit on JJ Moses all i saw was your head coach giving the ol' atta boy to DD. And it does depend on which side of the ball your on to recognize dirty play. As a homer I dont expect you to notice at all, but trust me the league is starting to take notice. If it were just the Texans complaining it would be one thing but the Jags are on several NFL teams s*** list. Did you think DD was going to say "Yup, I did it on purpose." Give me a break! Look at the replay and honestly tell me he didn't forearm that dude on purpose. pleeeease. This is nothing new in the NFL. The Raiders held the dirty play distinction for years and has since been overtaken by the Broncos and Jags.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought that was Stroud chewing him out, b/c I remember thinking, How can he get on to someone about a cheap shot! (Remember the cheap shot on DC a couple of years ago).
Stroud was probably telling him that he didn't cheap shot him hard enough because he held onto the ball. Del Rio laughing it up on the sidelines while Ferguson lay motionless on the field speaks volumes about those pukes.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #17
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Stroud was probably telling him that he didn't cheap shot him hard enough because he held onto the ball. Del Rio laughing it up on the sidelines while Ferguson lay motionless on the field...
you took the words right out of my mouth
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #18
RWBinJax
Rookie

Third:

Stroud on TV. Big John later (and more forcefully). Neither were happy.
RWBinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Stroud was probably telling him that he didn't cheap shot him hard enough because he held onto the ball. Del Rio laughing it up on the sidelines while Ferguson lay motionless on the field speaks volumes about those pukes.
A family member of mine was at the game, and Stroud was getting on Darius for doing it. Supposedly, he was livid b/c he and Del Rio were joking about it. Stroud may be a thug, but he has a soul and is like everyone else about how disrespectful it is when someone cant move their legs to not laugh about it
Old 12-21-2004   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
A family member of mine was at the game, and Stroud was getting on Darius for doing it. Supposedly, he was livid b/c he and Del Rio were joking about it. Stroud may be a thug, but he has a soul and is like everyone else about how disrespectful it is when someone cant move their legs to not laugh about it
I hate when I have to explain this but my Stroud comment was sarcasm 88 (My Del Rio comment wasn't).

Your family member must have had good seats to be able to hear what Stroud was saying. I think anyone watching the game could figure out what was going on.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read