Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2008   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for remainder of season

Let's all keep in mind that Dunta will be coming back soon. Even if he has to play nickel for a little while, you can bet that slants will not be an option for opposing offenses.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #22
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Let's all keep in mind that Dunta will be coming back soon. Even if he has to play nickel for a little while, you can bet that slants will not be an option for opposing offenses.
I'm not counting on Dunta to save us, in fact, I am counting on him to be a step slower and a bit of lost technique for the first few games. I think he'll step up and by the end of the season be playing almost at the level he was before, but he will not ever obtain that level again. JMO however, and I hope I'm wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

One of these years, we are going to be making these predictions, mainly with a let's just hope they somehow manage to get to .500 again attitude, and then they are going to finally break through for completely unpredictable reasons and roll off 6 or 7 wins in a row. I'm not saying this is that year....but that's just it: we will never know 'till it happens. We can see the talent on paper. I know that doesn't mean squat in the real world, but you have to start with at least that much. A little thing like starting Okam (putting more beef at that one spot) could spark this team big time....or likely not. You never know.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #24
OilerTexan4Life
Rookie

In my first post here I would like to go out on a limb and predict that the Texans will take out the Colts this week. I just feel it. They are the most wounded they have ever been going into a game with us and overall I just think this is our year to take them out by more than just the field goal we settled for 2 years ago.
OilerTexan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #25
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
The Colts have looked very ordinary, and this is our home opener.

Dolphins -W
We have a history of owning the Phins, especially at home

Lions - W
They may be one of the few teams I know is worse than us

Bengals -W
No offense and no defense make this an easy win

@Vikings -W
As another poster said earlier, I think we've been good enough against the run to win this game.

Ravens -L
I don't think we can succeed against this defense

@ Colts - L
At home, the Colts will be regaining their composure and Bob Sanders by now

@ Browns -W
See Cincinnatti

jaguars -W
At home, we win the overtime game

@ Packers -L
Rodgers will be clicking by now, and the Pack's D will be the game changer

Titans - L
Probably the best team in the AFC S, plus they own us

@ Raiders -W
What can I say, they may have the water boy as HC by this point

Bears -L
Just a better team than us. This will be a W if they are resting their starters, but in the competitive division with the Pack, they'll be fighting for a playoff spot.

Final Record: 8-8
Old 09-30-2008   #26
OilerTexan4Life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Colts - W
The Colts have looked very ordinary, and this is our home opener.

@ Colts - L
At home, the Colts will be regaining their composure and Bob Sanders by now

Final Record: 8-8
I don't know the way the Colts have looked at their new place... I wouldn't call this a win just yet. They need to prove they can actually win there and that the place is not cursed.

I am with you though on the 8-8...unfortunately... I just hope that it doesn't wind up being a 7-9 season.
OilerTexan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #27
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not counting on Dunta to save us, in fact, I am counting on him to be a step slower and a bit of lost technique for the first few games. I think he'll step up and by the end of the season be playing almost at the level he was before, but he will not ever obtain that level again. JMO however, and I hope I'm wrong.
Your right, Dunta isnít going to ride to the rescue, he wasnít that great before he got injured. He was merely great compared to the other dross that we have in the secondary.

Heíll be slower, more cautious, but just as savage with his hitting.

Will he be an upgrade over Pepe le Wiff, Yes, but he wonít be the difference maker.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2008   #28
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 269 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not one to pick a fight, but your logic escapes me on several levels.
If we did, in fact, gain enough confidence to beat the Colts in the loss to Jacksonville, don't you think that beating the Colts would give us enough confidence to beat the Lions, then the Bengals?
Also, saying the Bengals offense will shred our defense, but saying we'll beat Manning and the Colt offense is kind of illogical to me.
You might be thinking of the Bengal offense of last year, or maybe even two years ago, but this year, they are abysmal.
That would be great if we can carry some confidence and momentum into the Bengals game because we have yet to beat them.

Reason behind me saying we would beat the Colts is because of confidence and the emotion of the first home game with our fans backing us. And IMO, the Colts are not looking as great as they usually do.

Maybe I am giving the Bengals too much credit. They just have a ton of offensive talent and I'm a bit surprised as to how much trouble they are having scoring. And no I am not saying they are a better offense than the Colts by any means. Just under the circumstances, I give us a really good shot at winning this Sunday.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read