Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2008   #1
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 268 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predictions for remainder of season

Here are mine. A little overly optimistic I know. We do have a lot of winnable games though and our offense finally showed some improvement.

Colts - W
Dolphins -W
Lions - W
Bengals -L
@Vikings -W
Ravens -W
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers - W
Titans - L
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W

10-6. I can dream right?
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Predictions for remainder of season

Colts - L
Dolphins -W
Lions - W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -L
Ravens -L
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers - L
Titans - W
@ Raiders -W
Bears -L

7-9.
Old 09-29-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get it together
Colts - W
Dolphins -W
Lions -W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -W
Ravens -W
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers - L
Titans - W
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W

11-5

If Our D continues to suck

Colts - L
Dolphins -L
Lions -W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -L
Ravens -W
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -L
jaguars -W
@ Packers - L
Titans - L
@ Raiders -W
Bears -L

5-11

Im gunnna go With 9-6(maybe 8-8) and that would be a fanntastic rest of the season....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #4
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 268 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us beating the Bengals. I think they will shred our secondary. Reason I have us beating the Colts this weekend is because I think we gained quite a bit of confidence against the Jags and combined with a bunch of emotion going into our first home game with our fans behind us hopefully will carry us to a win. I'm not too concerned with the Vikes. Despite our shortcomings on D, we have done very well against the run.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Before the beginning of the season everyone said don't be surprised if we come out of the game 2-3 or 1-4. Now that we're in that position everyone is very pessimistic. The schedule just gets easier from here on out after this week. We'll be okay. Not great, but okay. I'll say 8-8.
Old 09-29-2008   #6
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - L
Dolphins -W
Lions - W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -L
Ravens -W
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers -L
Titans - L
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
Dolphins -L
Lions - W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -W
Ravens -W
@ Colts - W
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers -W
Titans - W
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Colts - W
Dolphins -L
Lions - W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -W
Ravens -W
@ Colts - W
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers -W
Titans - W
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W
Old 09-29-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

pretend the Bills player is Williams

kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not being the optimist some are, here are the grisly facts as I see them.

Colts - L
Dolphins - L
Lions - W
Bengals - W
@Vikings - L
Ravens - L
@ Colts - L
@ Browns - L
jaguars - W
@ Packers - L
Titans - L
@ Raiders - W
Bears -L

4-12, and that is throwing the boys a bone thinking they will sneak one off the Jaguars, could easily be 3-13 in my mind.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #11
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is all sorts of awesomeness!!

Poor Bills defender
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is HILARIOUS.
Old 09-29-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
Dolphins -W
Lions - W
Bengals -W
@Vikings -W
Ravens -W
@ Colts - W
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers - W
Titans - W
@ Raiders -W
Bears -W

13-3 With us winning the Divison THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD YET !!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0497 View Post
I don't see us beating the Bengals. I think they will shred our secondary. Reason I have us beating the Colts this weekend is because I think we gained quite a bit of confidence against the Jags and combined with a bunch of emotion going into our first home game with our fans behind us hopefully will carry us to a win. I'm not too concerned with the Vikes. Despite our shortcomings on D, we have done very well against the run.
I'm not one to pick a fight, but your logic escapes me on several levels.
If we did, in fact, gain enough confidence to beat the Colts in the loss to Jacksonville, don't you think that beating the Colts would give us enough confidence to beat the Lions, then the Bengals?
Also, saying the Bengals offense will shred our defense, but saying we'll beat Manning and the Colt offense is kind of illogical to me.
You might be thinking of the Bengal offense of last year, or maybe even two years ago, but this year, they are abysmal.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Not being the optimist some are, here are the grisly facts as I see them.

Colts - L
Dolphins - L
Lions - W
Bengals - W
@Vikings - L
Ravens - L
@ Colts - L
@ Browns - L
jaguars - W
@ Packers - L
Titans - L
@ Raiders - W
Bears -L

4-12, and that is throwing the boys a bone thinking they will sneak one off the Jaguars, could easily be 3-13 in my mind.
6-10. I think they could go 6-7 the rest of the way. The offensive line is improving every game. Depends on how rusty Robinson is when he comes back. And if the Aliens who stole the rain maker gives him back before too much longer. And takes their clone back..
Old 09-30-2008   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm not one to pick a fight, but your logic escapes me on several levels.
If we did, in fact, gain enough confidence to beat the Colts in the loss to Jacksonville, don't you think that beating the Colts would give us enough confidence to beat the Lions, then the Bengals?
Also, saying the Bengals offense will shred our defense, but saying we'll beat Manning and the Colt offense is kind of illogical to me.
You might be thinking of the Bengal offense of last year, or maybe even two years ago, but this year, they are abysmal.
What I'm looking at is what the Steelers o-line did to our front seven as compared to what they gave up in their next games. If they are doubling Mario...and now Ryans has a bad ankle ... and no one else gets there....it doesn't take Matt Millon to see where this train wreck is heading. Every Qb is going to look like Otto Graham when we play them if they don't find a pass rush. And Reeves and Bennit are going to still be Reeves and Bennit, at least for the next four weeks.
Old 09-30-2008   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts -L
Dolphins -L
Lions - L
Bengals -W
@Vikings -L
Ravens -L
@ Colts - L
@ Browns -W
jaguars -W
@ Packers - L
Titans - L
@ Raiders -W
Bears -L

I have us 4-12. I hope I'm wrong because players we drafted will be leaving when they become free agents because they are tired of losing. Not to mention free agents that we want will go else where. We have seen time and time again big name free agents use the Texans for a pay day with another team by getting us to bid high in hopes to land them only to see them sign for a larger amount (by showing them our offer) with another team. And Kubiak needs to show this team and the fans he can be a hc and not just be an oc that is in over his head. And please fire Richard Smith sooner than later.

Last edited by bckey; 09-30-2008 at 01:22 AM.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #18
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts - W
Dolphins -W
Lions -W
Bengals -W
@Vikings - L
Ravens -L
@ Colts - L
@ Browns - L
jaguars - W
@ Packers - L
Titans - L
@ Raiders - W
Bears - W

7-9 but i have a bad feeling it will be 5-11
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not going to try and predict individual games, but I will predict this. The MOST wins we will have (and I don't think we'll make it) is 8. I think we are looking at only 6 or 7 wins this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0497 View Post
I think Steve Slaton will burn the Bengals all day long. Thus we will control clock and the Bengals offense will not see the field much. I think we can win that game. I'm not too confident against the Vikes in Minnesota. They play well there and their D is stronger than ours.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read