Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Smith suspended for hit on Boldin

bah007

Hall of Fame
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3616537

Hours after Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt called for the NFL to review a helmet-to-helmet hit by New York's Eric Smith on Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, the Jets safety was suspended for one game.

Boldin was resting at home on Monday, one day after being carted off the field in the Cardinals' 56-35 loss to the Jets in New Jersey.

Smith also was fined $50,000 for a flagrant violation of player safety rules, the league said late Monday...

Bad call imo .... sometimes things happen in football and this was one of those times .... unfortunate as it was.

Bad call imo .... sometimes things happen in football and this was one of those times .... unfortunate as it was.

yeah, it's one of those things that happens, but i think it's right for him to be fined. maybe the suspension was harsh, but a fine was def. in order.

I agree with the fine, but I don't agree with the suspension.

If you watch the replay, you can see that the only reason it was helmet to helmet was because Boldin was hit from behind and lowered his head.

This smells like a knee-jerk reaction just because a star got hurt.

You may not agree with is but he lead with his helmet and came in high. He may not have expected AB to duck his head but by letter of the law its dirty! It looked like it rang his bell pretty good also!

You may not agree with is but he lead with his helmet and came in high. He may not have expected AB to duck his head but by letter of the law its dirty! It looked like it rang his bell pretty good also!

That's why I agree with the fine. But I think you should only be suspended if the league thinks that there was intent to injure the player. It doesn't appear that there was.

I believe Smith was briefly knocked unconscious after the hit.

I agree with the fine, but I don't agree with the suspension.

If you watch the replay, you can see that the only reason it was helmet to helmet was because Boldin was hit from behind and lowered his head.

This smells like a knee-jerk reaction just because a star got hurt.

I had heard this too. Sometimes, accidents do happen and I would hope the NFL carefully reviewed all angles of the shot to ensure that he was leading with this head.

Personally, I thought the hit was awesome. Somebody got knocked the f--k out without getting badly hurt. Boldin's a beast too!

Anybody see that hit on a kickoff Sunday? They showed a replay on NFLTA yesterday, but I can't remember who was playing. It was an awesome hit in which both players got up with no injuries. Only equipment repairs. LOL!

Thats the problem with football today. People don't relish in making a guy look out his ear hole... Hell, let's just take the pads off and play two hand touch.

Thats the problem with football today. People don't relish in making a guy look out his ear hole... Hell, let's just take the pads off and play two hand touch.
:spit:

Seriously though, this is football, stuff like this happens. I seriously think Smith shouldn't of been suspended OR fined, looking at the film I still do not see Smith intentionally trying to hurt Boldin.

what in the world are you talking about, pretty much everyone loves huge hits

Except the League, the Owners and refs... That's who I meant people. They are all more interested in protecting the players than our (the fans) interest in big hits.

I know they invest a lot of money in players, but truth be told I just assume watch a group of guys playing for the love of football and a lot less money - and just knocking the ever living snot out of each other....

I know they invest a lot of money in players, but truth be told I just assume watch a group of guys playing for the love of football and a lot less money - and just knocking the ever living snot out of each other....

Yup, that was back in the day when players played the entire game. Heck, sometimes the entire game going both ways.

Nowadays, you have players waving to the sidelines to come out after every other play. I think Addai is the worst of them all about that.

I guess that might be another reason I like O and Dlinemen. The Big Nasties go until the last whistle blows.

It was good to see both teams pray together after the injury. I saw a dirtier hit Friday night during a CFL game. Very late hit to the head of the Winnipeg QB (with under a minute to play). Looks like he's okay, but this led to fights.

Back