Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2008   #21
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Optimism and Pessimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I give you Voltaire and you give me Kentucky Fried Movie?

Uhmmm...nice segue.
You definately get a mixed bag here.

As for the issue, of fire them and start over.

How long do you think it takes to install a new system and find personnel to run said system?

A couple of years at least, but if they don't win, you should fire them, and start the cycle again before it has a chance to really take hold?
Old 09-29-2008   #22
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
You definately get a mixed bag here.

As for the issue, of fire them and start over.

How long do you think it takes to install a new system and find personnel to run said system?

A couple of years at least, but if they don't win, you should fire them, and start the cycle again before it has a chance to really take hold?
I'd run with Kubiak one more year if there is no improvement. If they are .500ish this year and next the decision has to be made - will he ever get there? It isn't like the personnel is any more stable now than it has ever been; they are constantly restarting anyway.

I'd prefer the playoff gas be kept to a minimum until we show real improvement though. I still contend 8-8 three years after 7-9 isn't significant improvement, especially if they step back this year.
Old 09-29-2008   #23
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I give you Voltaire and you give me Kentucky Fried Movie?

Uhmmm...nice segue.
Voltaire would have gotten a hoot out of the Zucker made films. Moreover, he would enjoy the sarcasm on this message board and probably spend a lot of time in the no spin zone.
Old 09-29-2008   #24
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Voltaire would have gotten a hoot out of the Zucker made films. Moreover, he would enjoy the sarcasm on this message board and probably spend a lot of time in the no spin zone.
Yes, he'd like the sarcasm. I think he'd find the NSZ kind of lightweight though. He literally risked his head with his viewpoints - I don't think a flame from an anonymous poster would give him much pause.
Old 09-29-2008   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Voltaire....

He's the fortune teller dude-in-a-box in Tom Hanks' movie "Big," right?

I'm a huge Voltaire fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read