Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

9-4

Vinny

shiny happy fan
We have to go 8-5 just to be .500 now....is this team capable of going 8-5 based on what we saw in the first 3 games? I think the offense turned the corner this week but the defense is awful. I think we aren't tough inside, have no pass rusher outside of Mario, and is going to give up a record amount of points this season. 9-4 seems ridiculous at this point, but I've seen stranger things happen.

We have to go 8-5 just to be .500 now....is this team capable of going 8-5 based on what we saw in the first 3 games? I think the offense turned the corner this week but the defense is awful. I think we aren't tough inside, have no pass rusher outside of Mario, and is going to give up a record amount of points this season. 9-4 seems ridiculous at this point, but I've seen stranger things happen.

9-4 does seem completely beyond all reason at this point, but eight of those games are at home. Hmmm.

9-4 does seem completely beyond all reason at this point, but eight of those games are at home. Hmmm.

Yep, at least we aren't the Colts... 0-2 at home. Also, if we beat the shoes on the Sunday, they will be in 4th! That would be awesome.

we have a long road ahead of us there is no easy game on are sechudle

we got the colts next week and playing them is no easy task

Bring back Jim Eddy!

where's all the unrestrained enthusiasm now?

I'm actually very optimistic about what I've seen so far. I think the team has played decent overall and is nowhere near the disaster-in-waiting the majority of members believe them to be. I see a team that's played inarguably the toughest schedule under the toughest circumstances of any NFL team, without a single home game, and a team that competed well in the last two.

Color my eggs sunny-side up.

I'm actually very optimistic about what I've seen so far. I think the team has played decent overall and is nowhere near the disaster-in-waiting the majority of members believe them to be. I see a team that's played inarguably the toughest schedule under the toughest circumstances of any NFL team, without a single home game, and a team that competed well in the last two.

Color my eggs sunny-side up.
i say blame our economic woes for the recent spike in pessimism.

No. And I was kidding.

Does it bother anyone else that Gilbride and Eddy both have Superbowl rings?

Not me...they are good coaches that were demonized since they led units that failed at one time or another. It's like being an entrepreneur, most coaches have failed more than they have succeeded.

So does it bother you guys that Palmer has a ring? And if the Giants keep playing the way they are so will Carr.

I know a lot of people who were saying we'd have a 9 win season also had us losing those three games so, I guess we'll just have to see. Something has to go our teams way eventually right????

So does it bother you guys that Palmer has a ring? And if the Giants keep playing the way the do so will Carr.

TEXANRED, Is there a point? Or are you rubbing our collective noses in the poo?

LOL! Just kiddin bud.

It's just more proof the Football Gods dislike Houston pro sports teams. They must've been on vacation those two years the Rockets won.

TEXANRED, Is there a point? Or are you rubbing our collective noses in the poo?

LOL! Just kiddin bud. It's just more proof the Football Gods dislike Houston pro sports teams. They must've been on vacation those two years the Rockets won.

Just annoyed today.

At least Dallas lost.

I know a lot of people who were saying we'd have a 9 win season also had us losing those three games so, I guess we'll just have to see. Something has to go our teams way eventually right????

I don't think that a 9 win season is out of the question. Like you said, most of us never expected to win the games we've lost so far... although I did think we were going to be able to steal that one from the Jags.

I was depressed after the first game because the supposed strength of our team, the offense, didn't show up and our defense looked just as bad as I expected it to.

After the second game, I actually felt a little better about the team. We had a threat at RB and we were at least in the game until that last turnover. If we hadn't made mistakes in the red zone and some poor decisions on 4th downs, we could have been in an even better position at the end of the game.

BUT... from what I've seen from Slaton so far, he's not what I like in a RB. He's a Barry Sanders type who makes a lot of runs in the -3..+3 range and then busts a 50 yarder to improve his ypc. But we need someone who consistently gets 4 yards. I'm hoping that as the run blocking improves, Slaton's average carry improves.

After the third game, I'm feeling good about the rest of the season. We have the problem with the defense. But I think our line is improving and as our line improves, our offense is going to improve and could be really, really good. Especially if AJ gets his season turned around. He hasn't been in synch so far this year and if he gets it going, we're going to become a lot more explosive.

I don't know if we're going to beat the Colts. I think we can. I think we can dominate the time of possession. These are not the same Colts of the past several years. I don't care if it's Peyton Manning. And if they tackle the way they were tackling in the Jag game, Slaton could have 200 yards rushing. We should at least make this a damned close game.

This sounds crazy...but what the heck...

We were 6-2 at home last season, with a team that was missing key elements due to injury. Why can't we hope to win one more at home this season? Say 7-1 at home, so we'd just need to win two on the road for a winning record.

Crazier things have happened. I'm keeping my smiling avatar just in case.

We were 6-2 at home last season, with a team that was missing key elements due to injury. Why can't we hope to win one more at home this season? Say 7-1 at home, so we'd just need to win two on the road for a winning record.

We'll find out this month with 4 homes games.

Nope , not me ..... 6-10 maybe break even 8-8. That defense cant keep anyone under 30 . At least we end up good draft pick .... again.

I had us going 7-9. And I am seeing signs right now that offense is better than I thought, and I am seeing sign that defense is not as bad as most are making them out to be.

I am sticking with 7-9.

I just hope the coaches start playing the young guys, if you are not going to win, then at least get your guys some real game reps. I would much rather have Okam learning in a game than Zgonina, I want to see Cochran over Kalu.

Not me...they are good coaches that were demonized since they led units that failed at one time or another. It's like being an entrepreneur, most coaches have failed more than they have succeeded.
Bum Phillips is that you?

Heck yeah. Bring on the smily parade.

Who would think that the Texans would start off the season with three road losses and a hurricane bye?

Who would have thought an 8-8 season was possible last year with no Schaub, Green, AJ, McKinney, Dunta, etc for a good portion of the season?

The NFL is the best reality programming out there. Miami over Patriots? Redskins over the Cowboys in Irving? KC beats anyone? The Bills are undefeated, but then again, look at their schedule.

We just need to eliminate bigtime stupidity from our team. I'm okay with mediocre right now. I just want less stupid.

I still have confidence in this team for one reason....

The offensive performance of the last game. Did we have a bad 3 first games...yea...do teams make it to the playoffs starting 0-3...not likely...at the same time how many of those teams played 3 games on the road against .500 teams? I think while our defense needs a lot of help...at least we are building a explosive offense. If we had a good Center I think our offense would be great personally.

We saw it the last game. Jags did a good job of covering Andre Johnson...yet it didn't matter. We have so many weapons on offense now (depending if they can play like this)

We have a Quick receiving back who is showing he can run also. We have a explosive WR. We have a determined hard working WR and TE. And our Oline looked really good last week. I have some confidence that we can beat the Colts and begin to turn this around...maybe i'm just a fool though hoping on a prayer...but at least we are building a good offense that should have won that game...now if we can just get that defense going...

Yeah also I didn't mean to forget our QB. He's had some bad games for sure, but i'm willing to give him this season. Starting NFL QB isn't exactly something you can pick up in 9 games or so.

Nope , not me ..... 6-10 maybe break even 8-8. That defense cant keep anyone under 30 . At least we end up good draft pick .... again.

not only a high draft pick, but a full compliment of draft picks as well for the first time in a while!

good God...I haven't even sat my behind in Reliant this regular season and I've already begun thinking about draft slots. :gun:

not only a high draft pick, but a full compliment of draft picks as well for the first time in a while!

good God...I haven't even sat my behind in Reliant this regular season and I've already begun thinking about draft slots. :gun:

Yep , it sucks that we are already looking forward to the draft .... seems like all we ever do is point to the draft year after year.
Yeah , having all our picks is nice .... I hated not having 2nd rounders the past two drafts. Those picks are generally expected to turn into starting calibur players .... What would the Texans defense look like with a couple young guy's at OLB and DE ?

Yeah, I'm not really ready for draft talk, but I will say this; I think we should use every pick on defense unless there's a decent guard available with one of the second day picks.

I think our offense will be ok. An entire draft and a FA or two on defense should make for a decent defense for the NEW defensive coordinator. :cool:

Yeah, I'm not really ready for draft talk, but I will say this; I think we should use every pick on defense unless there's a decent guard available with one of the second day picks.

I think our offense will be ok. An entire draft and a FA or two on defense should make for a decent defense for the NEW defensive coordinator. :cool:

heh heh...the "get a RB" crowd will eat you for breakfast dude. For the record though, I like your way of thinking...at least in the first 3 rounds.

In order for this season to be salvaged, we need to go at least 5-3 over the next 8 games. That would put us at 5-6 with 3 home games to go, and a road game in Oakland. We have 5 home games including games against Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, Baltimore, and Cleveland. So, if this team doesn't quit and makes steady improvement, I think that Monday night game against Jacksonville may mean something after all!

I had us going 7-9. And I am seeing signs right now that offense is better than I thought, and I am seeing sign that defense is not as bad as most are making them out to be.

I am sticking with 7-9.

I just hope the coaches start playing the young guys, if you are not going to win, then at least get your guys some real game reps. I would much rather have Okam learning in a game than Zgonina, I want to see Cochran over Kalu.

Dadgummit, I was really optimistic at the beginning of the year, but it seems that something always crops up. If it isn't injuries it is pigheaded stubborness of the coaches to not play the young guys (at least past the 3rd. round). I was saying 10-3 but NO Way now we get there. We really need to get that first win to get the spirits of the young guys up. Indy, for whatever reason, is not playing like the Indy of old, so let's get that win this weekend at Reliant!
OOPS, I forgot we still got a sorry defensive coordinator. Maybe Kubes is getting fed up enough to jump his butt big time and tell him to put up or shut up and move along. We can always hope!

If I remember correctly, last year or the year before, our D started playing half-decent(EDIT: Halfway through the season!). Not that it'll happen again, but I will say that with experience, it's hard to see it getting any worse :)

I'm always ready for draft talk, and ready to talk drafting defense too.

If we can get some DE, OLB and secondary help, we'll have more players on our defense to choose from. Thats about as hopeful as I can get.

if the offense can put togeather another good game like the did with the Jags, that will give us a lot of hope for maybe reaching 500 again. If along with that, the defense actually starts looking like a pro football squad instead of a confused high school team, there is a good chance we might even make some noise before the season is over with.

A lot of ifs there. The Indy game is going to tell us a lot. If the defense has another poor showing and we lose again because of the defense, I'm going to start getting really upset with Kubiac. I still like him and I'm more inclined to cut him slack than I am to hate on him, but I can only take so much.

then again, there's realisticly not a lot of talent on our defense, and Indy is a good team.

Dadgummit, I was really optimistic at the beginning of the year, but it seems that something always crops up. If it isn't injuries it is pigheaded stubborness of the coaches to not play the young guys (at least past the 3rd. round). I was saying 10-3 but NO Way now we get there. We really need to get that first win to get the spirits of the young guys up. Indy, for whatever reason, is not playing like the Indy of old, so let's get that win this weekend at Reliant!
OOPS, I forgot we still got a sorry defensive coordinator. Maybe Kubes is getting fed up enough to jump his butt big time and tell him to put up or shut up and move along. We can always hope!

Kubiak needs to put on his OC hat for a minute and look at his D and think to himself "now how would I attack this defense". :lightbulb:

:coffee:

Back