Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-29-2008   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rams fire Linehan, sources say; Haslett expected to take over

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3615358

Quote:
St. Louis Rams coach Scott Linehan has been fired, two team sources said Monday morning.

Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, a former head coach of the New Orleans Saints, was expected to be named interim coach, but details had not been finalized.

An official statement from the team was expected for around 9:30 a.m. ET.

Linehan asked for and received permission to address the team today when it reports for practice, the sources said.

The Rams dropped to 0-4 on Sunday with a 31-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills (4-0).

Linehan, 11-25 in his third season, last week was put on notice to make immediate improvements by owner Chip Rosenbloom.

After three blowout losses to open the season, Linehan benched quarterback Marc Bulger in favor of 38-year-old Trent Green. Linehan had six new starters in all, four on defense.

Rams running back Steven Jackson, who had criticized Linehan's decision to bench Bulger during his weekly radio show, had 110 yards on 24 carries and five catches for 78 yards.

Linehan had said he would meet with Jackson to discuss the radio-show comments before Sunday's game.

"I haven't talked to him about it but I will," Linehan said Friday. "No comment on it. Again, we're in this together and we're trying to find solutions to what has not been a good start to the season with our record.

"To sit here and not make some decisions, which are hard decisions for a head coach, I would not be doing my job. I will take at some point soon time to talk to Steven about it.."

In addition to pulling Bulger from the lineup, Linehan also released Fakhir Brown, a starting cornerback the past two seasons and a favorite of Haslett.
Old 09-29-2008   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Rams fire Linehan, sources say; Haslett expected to take over

With Haslett acting as the new head coach the Rams will go on to the Super Bowl for the NFC.

They're an awful team right now, and they have no heart it seems.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
With Haslett acting as the new head coach the Rams will go on to the Super Bowl for the NFC.

They're an awful team right now, and they have no heart it seems.
Yeah, the Rams defense has been awesome under Haslet. LOL!

The Rams are in complete disarray right now.
Old 09-29-2008   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, the Rams defense has been awesome under Haslet. LOL!

The Rams are in complete disarray right now.
Maybe we can trade them Rick Smith for a six pack of Shiner?

Last edited by drewmar74; 09-29-2008 at 11:15 AM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Maybe we can trade them Rick Smith for a six pack of Shiner?
You wouldnt get a six pack of warm backwash for Dick Smith .... much less Shiner.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be on the phone yesterday if I were them to Cowher.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I'd be on the phone yesterday if I were them to Cowher.
And if I were Cowher I'd keep dodging the Rams' phone calls & any number in that area code. He's got a nice gig at the moment with CBS, and when he does decide to return to coaching I'm sure he'll pick a better landing spot than St. Louis.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2008   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember I wanted the Texans to give Linehan a long look and potentially hire him. And that's how I didn't get to be part of the front office.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #9
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I remember I wanted the Texans to give Linehan a long look and potentially hire him. And that's how I didn't get to be part of the front office.
Me too.

Old 09-30-2008   #10
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys I'm sure weren't the only ones. Linenhan was the hot coord a few years ago, but as you see not everyone is cut out to be a head coach. There are some on this board that thinks Kubiak is an *****, but look what we could have ended up with.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

from the pan to the fire
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #12
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Hide the cheerleaders.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read