Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Usual Suspects

So who is the Keyser Soze of our defensive coaching staff?

Sure we got Smith to blame for pretty much everything, but should he shoulder all the blame? Is he really the man that is 100% responsible? Or is there a man, lurking in the shadows, pulling the strings, manipulating, and then acting like a tard?

Richard Smith. I believe he is nothing more than a figure head, a lackey, a yes man. A dupe, a douche. If he was anything more, I believe he would have been let go a long time ago.

Hoke. Been here since the beginning. Has done nothing. He was lucky enough to get Aaron Glen who was responsible for DRobs first year success. Don't believe me, look at what happened to DRob after Aaron leaves. Last year was his first year where he started to show an elite player status. DRob was also responsible for Bennett's first year success. Don't believe me? Look how he is doing now. Hoke was unable to save PBuc (who by the way has been solid for the Bucks), unable to develop Faggins, Earl, Brown, and Moldin is apparently no where near ready to sniff the field. This guy has been a failure from day one, yet he stays on our staff.

Holland. This is his 3rd year with the Texans and he falls into the same category as Hoke. He has been unable to develop young players or get more out of the veterans we bring in. IMO, even Ryans has not played up to his potential. Where are the sacks? Where are the INT's? Where is there a dominating presence at the LOS? QB's, including Collins, put the ball away and run straight up the middle. See todays game as a reference. I however immediately remove this man from suspicion b/c of his involvement with Richard Smith during there stint with the mightily Detroit Lion defense.

Jethro Franklin. This man sucks. So far he has been unable to develop Amobi, get more out of TJ, Okam has looked sub par, and Weaver might as well be the invisible man. Playing line is not rocket science. Its not about the biggest, strongest, fastest player. Its about sound fundamentals and solid technique. and the ability to read a play. Our Dline continues to go into games unprepared and out matched.

Frank Bush. What the Hell is a senior defensive assistant? He benefits from Smith getting fired due to the fact that some believe he would get the DC job. Mainly b/c most say that Kubes wanted him originally. Well, Bush is nothing special, in fact, I think he has contributed the the constant downward flush that this defense has been in since the 2003 season.

Finally, Ray Rhodes. What has this man done? What is his job exactly? What is a defensive backs assistant? Is he the one that suggested to drop Mario and Weaver into coverage?

If it were up to me, I would clean house on the defensive side of the ball. I say we go out for some college coach's. If we want to build through the draft then we need coach's who know how to develop young talent.

But that is just my opinion.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: The Usual Suspects

I have nothing to add besides that this is a good post/thread. IIRC we have the most coaches on staff in the NFL. I have nothing to add.

BTW, Richard Smith is most certainly a giant douche.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Usual Suspects

Honestly, I don't think I'd want an in-rank promotion from one of our asst. to DC. New blood would be fine thank you .
Old 09-28-2008   #4
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, I think it's hard to argue Smith is just a patsy. He is the guy in charge of the freaking defensive scheme right? I realize the whole squad is accountable, but my God, most of the time when we get burned it seems like it has more to do with a boneheaded scheme then players. What's Capers up to these days? Think he'd want to come back to his old team and do a little DCing? I'm not even joking about that. Our defense did not suck THIS bad when he was here, and most of the guys you mentioned were here when he was head coach. I'm reaching, I know, I'm just so effing fed up with the D right know I could spit.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Honestly, I don't think I'd want an in-rank promotion from one of our asst. to DC. New blood would be fine thank you .
I would like to see how one of our assistants would do if he became the interim DC. Kubiak, McNair, and Rick Smith wouldn't hire an outside guy until after the season anyway. I'd like to see how Frank Bush or Ray Rhodes (assuming he was willing to do it) would do as the defensive coordinator from now until the end of the season. I doubt that Richard Smith is fired anytime soon though. That probably wouldn't happen until after the season either. :sigh:

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the better posts that i've ever read....

P.S. are we all welcome to use the "fire smith" avatar?

and if I dont have my avatar pic saved to my computer, is there a way to save it?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Hoke was unable to save PBuc (who by the way has been solid for the Bucks),
Wow, didn't think that a cb like PBuc would be able to make the transition to the NBA at his age. Hope he brings his game face because Scott Skiles is a ball buster.

Yep, sometimes its fun to be that guy. :mshadows:
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
One of the better posts that i've ever read....

P.S. are we all welcome to use the "fire smith" avatar?

and if I dont have my avatar pic saved to my computer, is there a way to save it?
Yes and Yes.

Just left click your current avatar and save to your computer in the folder of your choice. You would select the pink soap the same way and set up your avatar in your user cp.

Old 09-29-2008   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Wow, didn't think that a cb like PBuc would be able to make the transition to the NBA at his age. Hope he brings his game face because Scott Skiles is a ball buster.

Yep, sometimes its fun to be that guy. :mshadows:
You know, I saw that when I reread the post and I was just too lazy to go back and change it. I even said to myself, watch, someone is going to make a basketball reference.

Old 09-29-2008   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am amazed Hoke is still here - due to "how good he is" and how friggin poor our secondary has been for many years.
Old 09-29-2008   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am amazed Hoke is still here - due to "how good he is" and how friggin poor our secondary has been for many years.
I'm not sure that there's many coaches that I would keep on the Texans . I watched Jim Zorn's team beat the Cowboys with a WCO that the QB has been playing for couple of months .

Something just ain't right and for the life of me why was'nt everybody on the Texan sideline calling timeout on that punt .
Old 09-29-2008   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Bravo T-red, rep. You certainly reminded me there was more to look into than just the "fire smith" rampage.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm not sure that there's many coaches that I would keep on the Texans . I watched Jim Zorn's team beat the Cowboys with a WCO that the QB has been playing for couple of months .
I watched the Redskins' first game this season and they played terribly. The offense was completely out of sync and looked hopeless. They looked so much better after three games it becomes irritating that we have to wait three years.

Texans fans have excuses why it can't be done, they have improvement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read