Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2008   #61
danger6
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 danger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden coverdanger6 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: I don't know any other way to say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Win or lose, I'm still me on Monday.
Good point. Give that man a PhD.
danger6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #62
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

They have a DC in waiting in Frank Bush. He was ready last year when we brought him in. Why we are still fussing around with that ***** Dick Smith is beyond me. Somebody above mentioned misplaced loyalty, well that will only get the HC himself into hot water by staying with a dead horse ( and Smith really stinks) too long.

Someone also mentioned that some teams can go from worst to first in one year. The fact that we have been mushing around in the muck for seven years now is really beginning to be a bore.

MEMO TO KUBIAK: Get the message!!!!!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #63
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
MEMO TO KUBIAK: Get the message!!!!!
Comment of the year!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #64
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I said this in another thread and it sums up how I feel these days pretty well

I loved the Oilers. I endure the Texans.
Old 09-30-2008   #65
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I loved the Oilers. I endure the Texans. At least its football.
Fixed that for ya Herv. :mshadows:

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #66
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I know the defense sucks. That's a given.

But if any of you actually think there is one smidgeon of a chance that anyone, including Richard Smith, gets fired before the season is over, you got rocks in your head. Anyone worth replacing them now, works for another team. And it just isn't the way it's done in the NFL.

Matt Millen not withstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I stand by what I said. Nobody's getting fired before the end of the season.

I know that when you are a fan of a team that blows chunks, a coach getting fired is the only thing you can dream about, like as if it would really make a difference.
Al Davis didn't get the memo either.

Old 10-01-2008   #67
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have the exact same feelings Herv... I lived and died with the Oilers, but so far I haven't been able to generate the same passion for the Texans..

Maybe it's just a result of my getting older.

Maybe it's just that I have a finite amount of emotions left and I really don't want to spend them all on the Texans...

I remain a fan of course, , but whether they lose or win will not be a deciding factor in how I enjoy my day.

Old 10-01-2008   #68
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Actually, for me, it's almost the other way around. The Oilers killed me. Over and over and over again. The back to back 1-13 seasons were really hard. The Hugh Campbell years. The Pardee-too soft to win in the playoff years... all of that was hard for me. The Earl Campbell years were a godsend but even then, always coming up just short was hard.

I love the Texans. I love these guys. I want these guys to turn it around and make it work. I want to see heart and fight from these guys and I want to see a dominant defense and a powerful offense and I think we're almost halfway there. If Sleepy Steve and Alex Gibbs get the running game working, then we're halfway there.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #69
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

I remain a fan of course, , but whether they lose or win will not be a deciding factor in how I enjoy my day.

Whether the Texans win or lose should never be a deciding factor in how anyone enjoys a day. It is after all just a game. Just entertainment. Some days good entertainment, some days not so good. But after the game is over, Life still goes on.

I learned a long time ago there are things in this world that you have no control over. There is no reason to come unglued when those things don't go the way you want.

I have been a fan since day 1 of the Texans and will be a fan as long as they (or I) am here. Not much is going to change that.
Old 10-02-2008   #70
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Whether the Texans win or lose should never be a deciding factor in how anyone enjoys a day. It is after all just a game. Just entertainment. Some days good entertainment, some days not so good. But after the game is over, Life still goes on.

I learned a long time ago there are things in this world that you have no control over. There is no reason to come unglued when those things don't go the way you want.

I have been a fan since day 1 of the Texans and will be a fan as long as they (or I) am here. Not much is going to change that.

What you are saying is true Grams. It doesn't change the fact that I find myself feeling, shall we say grumpy for lack of a more descriptive word, after each mediocre perfomance.

If it isn't the players playing lousy it's the coaches taking the day off.

If I can't accept "things I have no control over" then I will be forced to do what I do have control over. Stop watching. I will then be relegated to reading this MB the next day to see what I missed. Reading about it isn't as painful as watching it.

Here's to hoping I can emulate your approach to the team... If not, there is always plan B.

I have been a fan since day one also..

Old 10-02-2008   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pre 35-3, I could not comprehend your above point. I lived and breathed the Oilers. Obviously, it was a vicarious relationship, but that's the nature of a sports fanatic.

Post 35-3, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have been a Texans fans since they first mentioned that Houston was getting a team and I will always be a Texans fan. But, I keep it in perspective. Life is too short to lose happiness because of an entertainment event that you have no control over. I'd rather let my heart be lifted up by my child's smiles and joy instead of wallowing in the mud because our team lost.

When we leave home game losses, the TDC has a ritual of kicking the hard hats. In front of Reliant, we exorcise that losing demon with this routine. Life goes on and we enjoy the rest of the day tailgating.
Old 10-02-2008   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Fixed that for ya Herv. :mshadows:
It wasn't broken.
Old 10-02-2008   #73
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:

I have to agree with you Grams. last wednesday, my wife and I buried our 10 y/o daughter after she was hit by a car while riding her bike. If I could have her back, I would never worry about whether our team ever won or lost another game. It is just entertainment and not life and death.
I am frustrated by season after season of apparent lack of real progress and constant losing, but in the end... what is important is the smiles and life our children give to us and not what happens on a lousy football field. all of you make sure your kids know you love them.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #74
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I have to agree with you Grams. last wednesday, my wife and I buried our 10 y/o daughter after she was hit by a car while riding her bike. If I could have her back, I would never worry about whether our team ever won or lost another game. It is just entertainment and not life and death.
I am frustrated by season after season of apparent lack of real progress and constant losing, but in the end... what is important is the smiles and life our children give to us and not what happens on a lousy football field. all of you make sure your kids know you love them.
I am really sorry for your loss.
Old 10-03-2008   #75
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss....everything else is just something that passes the time !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #76
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've tried to respond to your loss but everytime I choke up, since I lost a daughter myself. it takes time & lots of it. channel into something positive if possible, seek family, friends, post here often & counseling (Bo's place is a great expereince to deal w/loss http://www.bosplace.org/).

Texans fans are very supportive. in regards to the football team its ok to vent from time to time as deemed neccessary, hence
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I really don't understand how they can be in such a funk everygame & cost their team important early points, its disturbing, ill prepared & mind bending
I'm hoping the hangover is gone, the fog has cleared, the players play the game & THE COACHES see the game in real time. good results should follow & our spirts will heal

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't imagine your loss--sorry, and best wishes.
Old 10-03-2008   #78
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am so sorry for your devastating loss. My prayers go out to you.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #79
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
What is our Defense ranked right now???
33rd, behind OU
Old 10-03-2008   #80
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

The texans IMO have more passonite fans from the newer Generation born in like 1984-1989

i was just a kid when the oilers where here so i dont remember them alot

tho with that being said there are still alot of Die hard texans fans from any age
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read