Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2008   #41
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I don't know any other way to say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I know the defense sucks. That's a given.

But if any of you actually think there is one smidgeon of a chance that anyone, including Richard Smith, gets fired before the season is over, you got rocks in your head. Anyone worth replacing them now, works for another team. And it just isn't the way it's done in the NFL.

Matt Millen not withstanding.

The Rams didn't get your memo.
Old 09-29-2008   #42
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But if any of you actually think there is one smidgeon of a chance that anyone, including Richard Smith, gets fired before the season is over, you got rocks in your head. Anyone worth replacing them now, works for another team. And it just isn't the way it's done in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
The Rams didn't get your memo.
I stand by what I said. Nobody's getting fired before the end of the season.

I know that when you are a fan of a team that blows chunks, a coach getting fired is the only thing you can dream about, like as if it would really make a difference.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're just wrong on this Marcus. It's done in the NFL on a fairly routine basis and even the Texans have sent an offensive coordinator packing (one who has a Super Bowl ring since leaving I might add). It is not the preferred way to deal with things but it happens somewhere almost every single season.

Teams fire coaches and assistants to make a sacrifice to appease the fans or if one aspect of the team continues to perform very poorly to send a message that this is going to change. They appoint an interim HC, OC, or DC and keep on trucking. The interim guy is either an old hat who can do the job but isn't going to get much consideration for the spot or he's a position coach who they think might be ready to step up. Either way the position doesn't get officially filled until the end of they year. You're right there and I agree, the guys we would want to see running our defense are all employed at the moment.

I think that the odds of a firing actually taking place are very small because the Texans don't like to do this if they can avoid it and that we all know that a firing won't fix anything this year. This is our defense until the end of the season whether we can stomach it or not. To me the worst part of an in-season coordinator firing is that it usually says something ominous about your coaching staff and or front office. It's a sign of a divided or dysfunctional franchise (usually) and I am torn between wanting to see Smith gone and knowing that if they send him packing anytime soon they will be doing so out of desperation and I didn't want to be following another desperate coaching staff leading this team.
Old 09-29-2008   #44
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's done in the NFL on a fairly routine basis...
Rams Fire Linehan, Turn to Haslett
Old 09-29-2008   #45
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I mentioned this in a post a while back too. Question to me is IF we don't win at least 6 games does it cost Kubiak his job?

Anyway we could lure Ron Wolfe out of retirement to be president of Football operations?
Ron Wolf has to be close to 70 years old.

I don't see this team as a 2-14 team. This was a very up and down team last year, playing much better at home than on the road. Most of the worst games for Kubiak have been road games.

The beginning of the year truly is a coach killing schedule for a young team, even without Ike.

I think it is too soon to tell.
Old 09-29-2008   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the Texans suck, oops thought thats what you where going to spew

Kubiak & staff blew another opportunity, take the penalty @ the beginning of the game, defense looked good, instead they declined & Del Rio hustled his offense going for it on 4th down breaking down a confused special teams unit thinking it was a punt. WHERES THE FREAKEN TIMEOUT KUBIAK!!!!!

Who's the clown sitting in the booth that didn't make that call either? Was he too busy watching the cheerleaders?.........or just in need of ophthalmalogic assistance? Or maybe, like last week when supposedly not supplied with the instant replay, this week the Jags substituted his communication headset with noise-cancelling headphones and his binoculars with a kaleidoscope.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Who's the clown sitting in the booth that didn't make that call either? Was he too busy watching the cheerleaders?.........or just in need of ophthalmalogic assistance? Or maybe, like last week when supposedly not supplied with the instant replay, this week the Jags substituted his communication headset with noise-cancelling headphones and his binoculars with a kaleidoscope.
yeah him too now all teams have to do is hustle up to the line of scrimmage like they're getting over instant replay & Kubiak will have to react just out of fear of blowing another game

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2008   #48
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand by what I said. Nobody's getting fired before the end of the season.

I know that when you are a fan of a team that blows chunks, a coach getting fired is the only thing you can dream about, like as if it would really make a difference.
a coach getting fired midseason makes a lot more difference than a GM getting fired, which was obviously just an attempt at showing the Lions fans some hope
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #49
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

There were eleven professional football players watching the Jaguars line up. The only one of them that gets a semi pass was J.J. who was counting heads on our punt return squad. Anyone of them could of stood up and called time out. Now if there were eleven blithering idiots drooling all over themselves on our side you might have a point. But these guys get paid. They line up funny call time out. Football 101. Everybody in the league has stupid pasted to every one of those guys forehead now who was on that squad.

The coaches can't play for them. DC calls for the young DT to shawdow the QB on the goal line, the DT gets there and misses the tackle...

Lots and lots of missed tackles Sunday.

They are not going to keep up third down conversions @ a 75% clip. No way.
Old 09-30-2008   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Yeah, let's do the same thing the Rams are doing.

The Rams fire Linehan, and give the job to Jim Haslett, the DC of a defense that actually has given up more points per game this season than the Texans.

Let's follow their lead, and fire Kubiak, and make Richard Smith the HC.

Yeah, that oughta work out real well.

Old 09-30-2008   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Marcus in that I don't see Kubiak firing anyone until the season is over. It's his M.O., the 'honor of my word' and all that jazz (why else would Green still be here?).

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I cannot have any expectations for this team week to week, and that just blows as a fan. IF we get a win, it is not expected, and our general reaction is "OMG! We won!". But it is not part of a mindset that we expect to win games because we are a winning team. We still get giddy about just getting a win after 7 seasons. I'm sorry, but that mentality is just getting stale.

Hey, but are we having fun?! Because the Texans really, really want us to have fun.
Old 09-30-2008   #52
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hey, but are we having fun?! Because the Texans really, really want us to have fun.
Well, I'm not a season ticket holder. I just watch the Texans on TV, so I don't have the same perspective as the tailgate crowd.

So, with that said, in all honesty . . . No.

After the Oilers left, and before the Texans came to town, on a Sunday afternoon, I would just put a game on the tube, and thoroughly enjoy the game for what it was. Just a good football game. It was entertainment.

Am I now getting entertained watching a football game. When the Texans aren't playing in the game, yeah. It's not entertainment being frustrated or aggravated.

Oh, I guess that means I'm not a true fan, huh?
Old 09-30-2008   #53
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I'm not a season ticket holder. I just watch the Texans on TV, so I don't have the same perspective as the tailgate crowd.

So, with that said, in all honesty . . . No.

After the Oilers left, and before the Texans came to town, on a Sunday afternoon, I would just put a game on the tube, and thoroughly enjoy the game for what it was. Just a good football game. It was entertainment.

Am I now getting entertained watching a football game. When the Texans aren't playing in the game, yeah. It's not entertainment being frustrated or aggravated.

Oh, I guess that means I'm not a true fan, huh?
I don't know anything about 'true fan' and all that jazz...but I certainly don't think it has anything to do with buying season tickets.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are still rooting for the Houston Texans after the past 6 seasons, then you are a true fan in my book. Nobody bandwagons a perpetually losing franchise with a current record of 32-67. Only fans that truly care about the team are still tuning in at this point, IMHO.

But, about having fun, the Texans care.

You see, it's all about the gameday experience, regardless if they are home or away, regardless if they win or lose. Just.Have.Fun!
Old 09-30-2008   #54
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its sort of sad if you think about it, because really "having fun" watching football is suddenly inexcusably linked to "winning"

We saw a good game, a close game, that went into OT. Both teams had good offensive games.

And yet, since they lost, everyone forgets that what this is really about. Entertainment.

Win or lose, I'm still me on Monday. My stocks still fell in the crash. My house payment is still due tomorrow. Sports are supposed to be fun. if the Texans were playing just awful football, like the Rams, its no longer fun to watch. But yesterdays game was "fun" So we should be happy
Old 09-30-2008   #55
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know anything about 'true fan' and all that jazz...but I certainly don't think it has anything to do with buying season tickets.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are still rooting for the Houston Texans after the past 6 seasons, then you are a true fan in my book. Nobody bandwagons a perpetually losing franchise with a current record of 32-67. Only fans that truly care about the team are still tuning in at this point, IMHO.

But, about having fun, the Texans care.

You see, it's all about the gameday experience, regardless if they are home or away, regardless if they win or lose. Just.Have.Fun!
Speaking as a "true fan" as you described, I am currently pondering what was more painful. The constant choking the oilers did to me as a kid, the Oilers leaving, or getting hopes up and then punched in the gut 6 out of the last 7 years.

I guess loosing a team tops the list. I am still here but I am questioning my sanity. I have to be crazy to keep believing, but yet I will.

Yesterday I felt a huge surge of euphoria when seeing Tim Duncan on tv and I realized I still have my Spurs, a team I can count on. I just wish it was the Texans as well.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #56
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with Marcus in that I don't see Kubiak firing anyone until the season is over. It's his M.O., the 'honor of my word' and all that jazz (why else would Green still be here?).

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I cannot have any expectations for this team week to week, and that just blows as a fan. IF we get a win, it is not expected, and our general reaction is "OMG! We won!". But it is not part of a mindset that we expect to win games because we are a winning team. We still get giddy about just getting a win after 7 seasons. I'm sorry, but that mentality is just getting stale.

DB, that is my mentality of a new Texan fan. I never got into them after Year 1 because I was a Dallas fan and I never got into Carr's act after Year 1. I could see the writing on the wall. But each year I see the same offseason talk. I see the same talk about what positions need upgrading. I hear the same .500 talk while other teams go from worst to first. The mentality of sticking with what doesn't work and the same results just becomes almost sad but comical because it is like Groundhog season.
Old 09-30-2008   #57
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Yep,

What I am most concerned about, is that this team looks exactly like it always has....I haven't seen any progression, esp. on defense.

I've wanted Smith gone since his first year, and would love to see a change made now.
Same here. It was his 3rd team in 4yrs something like that. The problem is where could we find someone willing to come here.
Old 09-30-2008   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In the Jack Pardee & Buddy Ryan era, I'd tune in to the game..it was on NBC at the time, and was on EVERY Sunday no matter what, and I had this feeling that we were going to be "in" every game we played. Didn't matter if it was the Bills. Hey, remember how we smacked around the Bills in one of the last regular season games, in the Dome, of the season when we lost vs. the Bills in the playoffs? I think we even put Jim Kelly out of the game, which is why Reich was playing in the first place. We were dominant for a period of time.

I tuned in with the attitude that we had the talent to get it done. The defense was nasty (Sean Jones, Childress, hard-core LBs and DBs), the offense was basically Texas Tech's spread offense, and my mindset on Sundays was that if we didn't win in the PLAYOFFS this year...it'd be the next year, or the year after that. And then Bud Adams kidnapped our team, and the whole thing spiraled downward.

It's not like we've NEVER had a Houston football team that COULD compete on every Sunday. We did.

Which makes watching this stuff utterly impossible sometimes.

It's possible, but why isn't it happening? Why is there not even the SMALLEST ray of light that says, "You know what? We're almost there!"

A fan just knows when it's there and when it's not. I think all of us know we're nowhere near that level yet. And I don't know that we get there anytime soon. I hate glacial change, in terms of the "slow and steady wins the race..." mentality. There has to be some sliver of proof that the track we're on is going to lead to a win in this marathon that Bob McNair is running.

What is that "sliver of hope" that shows us that thr current regime is going to get us there? Because I don't believe that a simple switch-out at DC is the full answer to the question.
Old 09-30-2008   #59
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In the Jack Pardee & Buddy Ryan era, I'd tune in to the game..it was on NBC at the time, and was on EVERY Sunday no matter what, and I had this feeling that we were going to be "in" every game we played. Didn't matter if it was the Bills. Hey, remember how we smacked around the Bills in one of the last regular season games, in the Dome, of the season when we lost vs. the Bills in the playoffs? I think we even put Jim Kelly out of the game, which is why Reich was playing in the first place. We were dominant for a period of time.

I tuned in with the attitude that we had the talent to get it done. The defense was nasty (Sean Jones, Childress, hard-core LBs and DBs), the offense was basically Texas Tech's spread offense, and my mindset on Sundays was that if we didn't win in the PLAYOFFS this year...it'd be the next year, or the year after that. And then Bud Adams kidnapped our team, and the whole thing spiraled downward.

It's not like we've NEVER had a Houston football team that COULD compete on every Sunday. We did.

It's possible, but why isn't it happening? Why is there not even the SMALLEST ray of light that says, "You know what? We're almost there!"

A fan just knows when it's there and when it's not. I think all of us know we're nowhere near that level yet. And I don't know that we get there anytime soon. I hate glacial change, in terms of the "slow and steady wins the race..." mentality. There has to be some sliver of proof that the track we're on is going to lead to a win in this marathon that Bob McNair is running.

What is that "sliver of hope" that shows us that thr current regime is going to get us there? Because I don't believe that a simple switch-out at DC is the full answer to the question.
Good post GP. I'm right there with you. I'd hope that Mcnair is at least looking around at other possible coaching candidates quietly to see who is out there or what possible changes could be made. Unfortunately I don't think it is going to happen and we're going to have to live and die under the Kubiak regime for this season and at least one more after this before Mcnair decides to go in another direction. Mcnair is very patient and seems to have all the confidence in the world in Kubiak. Mcnair gave Capers 4 years and I think that he will also give Kubiak at least 4 years as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #60
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I was praying for that ray on Sunday, and for a brief time 7;34 to 1:00 left in the game part of me said... yes they will make a stop... its our turn.. to another stormy monday after another Texans loss.

that Bills game still hurts. i would say it hurts more than fischer's .4 shot. I cant even watch the game on replay without getting physically sick. I guess it traumatised my young fanhood. .4 didnt hurt as much cause we won the year before and the year after, and then again.

I would go through the Bills game over and over again instead of what we are going through now.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read