Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #21
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 8 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP
Default Re: The Positives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
hey....what if that roughing the passer was never called?
This "what if game" is exactly what I am talking about. What if we learned how to tackle? What if Andre had more than 3 receptions for 38 yards?

It is a loss. We are 0-3. WE DON'T FIND WAYS TO WIN and that is what defines a good team from a mediocre team. We are average at best.
Old 09-28-2008   #22
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=HJam72;1009065]Well....I did save a bunch of money on my car insurance. 'Course, that's cuz my car is a piece of crap, but whatever.

I have never saved money on car insurance I call it out as bullshit. I did however like the offense today. I liked how Schaub led the team down the field twice to answer scores by the Jags late in the game,
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #23
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
This "what if game" is exactly what I am talking about. What if we learned how to tackle? What if Andre had more than 3 receptions for 38 yards?

It is a loss. We are 0-3. WE DON'T FIND WAYS TO WIN and that is what defines a good team from a mediocre team. We are average at best.
yep, average team at best 100% agree.

We used to be a team where guys circled as a win. Now we are just a team that others will remember not to sleep on.

Kevin Walter though and Owen Daniels.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The offense did play good enough to win, but the defense (as usual) turned victory into defeat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #25
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The offense did play good enough to win, but the defense (as usual) turned victory into defeat.
We did stop the run completely for a change. Now... coverage... no me gusta...
Old 09-28-2008   #26
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
We did stop the run completely for a change. Now... coverage... no me gusta...
We could not stop Garrard running.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Busted... you got me, I was thinking about _real_ rushing plays
Old 09-28-2008   #28
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
At least we know Peyton won't run on us!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #29
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
At least we know Peyton won't run on us!
No, but he will produce at least 2 commercials during the game.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

there are not positives we are 0-3

other then that i can safely say we can stand a chance aganist Detorit and the fins in these up coming weeks LOL Battle of the losers !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

wouldnt that be funny tho if Peyton manning runz on us ........
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #32
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario...love watching him play as he seems to be going all out on every down.

Schaub...at least I'll get a break this week for some bitching about his play.

Daniels...great catches at clutch times.

entire team...nobody quit, everyone played hard, by far our best game of the season.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

one game closer to another high draft pick

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #34
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Liked the way schaub played. when he has protection, he can get it done...no question.
Also liked the way kubes called the game overall to get schaub & the offense in a rhythm. This is how we need to get the offense going every game here on out.

The Defense....There's Mario & Meco & then nobody else. We're just not making enough plays on defense & pathetic ass Richard Smith isn't helping. We are who we are for now. Now that CC's down, & Demps could miss a couple of weeks, maybe these young safeties will step up & surprise us & be playmakers instead of scheme players. That's what we so desperately need back there. Dunta's return should be a nice infusion as well.

Last edited by Mr teX; 09-29-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
The chances of Richard Smith getting fired increase with every game we play.

That's the biggest positive for me.
Right on. I was going to say the same thing.

The players usually take the identity of the DC. Well our defense sucks, ergo Smith Sucks.

Give me some Bush!
Old 09-29-2008   #36
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

The positive:

I ended up spending longer than I thought sighting in my bow and missed the game.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #37
Malloy
Site Contributor

recurve?
Old 09-29-2008   #38
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
recurve?
Compound.....Tred Barta I am not.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #39
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The run defense is really good. I'm very impressed with it. Pass heavy teams like the Colts are going to kill us though. If we can't cover the Hags, we're going to struggle against just about every passing offense.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #40
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
The run defense is really good. I'm very impressed with it. Pass heavy teams like the Colts are going to kill us though. If we can't cover the Hags, we're going to struggle against just about every passing offense.
Run defense?

What run defense?

Swiss cheese.

I'd run on the Texans every down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read