Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Positives:

Schaub carried the offence and did it very well indeed.

Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton also played very well

The o-line pass blocked well

We were great on 3rd downs

The defence stopped a dangerous rushing attack for the second straight week.

Mario brought alot of pressure

JJ had another decent return

The team took a big step forward today imo
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: The Positives:

Here's my list of positives....

At least we have a team
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Schaub carried the offense and did it very well indeed.

Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton also played very well

The o-line pass blocked well

We were great on 3rd downs

The defense stopped a dangerous rushing attack for the second straight week.

Mario brought alot of pressure

JJ had another decent return

The team took a big step forward today imo

great another moral victory, look on the brightside post, how original.

seriously, good pts.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I does look like parts of the Offense finally woke up this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Here's my list of positives....

At least we have a team
technically, a list would have more than one item
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The only positive I see is that the game is over. Every year we go through the same thing. We crap the bed to start the season. Then we win a couple games to end the year and all the kool-aid drinkers say we are improving. This just in - we stink.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

The Good:

The Offense (pretty much everybody)

Run Defense

The Bad:

Pass Rushing

Pass Coverage

The Ugly:

Richard Smith's *multiple expletives*
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
technically, a list would have more than one item
Couldn't think of any more...seriously though...

looking at the schedule we have a chance to win the next 3 games....

Indy/Miami/Detroit...we have to beat the Colts though, the whole season is this one game right here. We lose forget about it...we win we could beat the Lions and Miami i'm confident about that and we have homefield against a Minny team that hasn't shown much...

Also these first 3 games could have made our team mentally tough, i'd like to think that.

I mean the positives is that our offense looked good...but idk how consistent that can be. Colts is a must win though to have any hope for the season.
Old 09-28-2008   #9
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Hey, at least we were competitive!

*throws up in mouth*
Old 09-28-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We gotta fix that secondary ASAP, dont know if it is the players or the scheme... but man we wont be able to win a whole lot of games in this manner.

That said the JAX pulled the exact same trick on the Colts last week, at least we were able to get it into OT.

Team as a whole gets a pass, but... man... that secondary... It'll keep me up at night, and not in a good way.
Old 09-28-2008   #11
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Positive: I'm still a Texans fan, even though our Defense SUCKS.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #12
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

there are none, when you run a thread like this it means you lost and are looking for a silver lining.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
there are none, when you run a thread like this it means you lost and are looking for a silver lining.
And that is bad because ?
Old 09-28-2008   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well....I did save a bunch of money on my car insurance. 'Course, that's cuz my car is a piece of crap, but whatever.

It's like I said. We will probably get our first win of the year against the Colts, funny as that sounds.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

C.C Brown broken arm....
Old 09-28-2008   #16
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post. We had many positives today. This loss today rules out a winning season for me, but 8-8 is still pretty achievable. We need to start winning this kind of football game though.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #17
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
And that is bad because ?
you're 0-3 and supposed to be a playoff contender.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #18
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

The only positive that I can see is that we looked like the team of last year. A team that can make a close game (which can go either way) but never dominate any aspect of the game. We GOT BACK to being an AVERAGE team. Nothing more. Nothing less. I KNEW that we could get a FG to tie but when we lost the toss I KNEW the game was over. That is the level of our team. A good team finds ways to win. We find ways to play the what if game.

P.S. What if Kubiak would have called a timeout when it was obvious that we had the wrong personnel in the game? (jax 1st TD)
Old 09-28-2008   #19
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

The chances of Richard Smith getting fired increase with every game we play.

That's the biggest positive for me.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #20
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
The only positive that I can see is that we looked like the team of last year. A team that can make a close game (which can go either way) but never dominate any aspect of the game. We GOT BACK to being an AVERAGE team. Nothing more. Nothing less. I KNEW that we could get a FG to tie but when we lost the toss I KNEW the game was over. That is the level of our team. A good team finds ways to win. We find ways to play the what if game.

P.S. What if Kubiak would have called a timeout when it was obvious that we had the wrong personnel in the game? (jax 1st TD)
hey....what if that roughing the passer was never called?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read