Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 and 6

thats my prediction. this team is starting to play some good football. reminds me of the oilers when moon got here right before we started winning. we are not getting physically beat on the field(except pitt) we just havent quite found a way to win.

3 super bowl contenders, 3 road loses. and you guys keep trying to find someone to blame. maybe find the guy who made out our schedule, start there.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
maybe find the guy who made out our schedule, start there.
I agree...this team will be just fine.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

nope lets just win a game ..... lets just win a game ............
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

this team is 6-10 material not 10-6.

sorry to send some reality your way.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Sigh...we could actually be a good team but every week we find a way to lose.

Some way we find a way. There is always one thing to be glad about "Oh Slaton had a good game" "Our Offense looked good" "Mario was a beast"

But we can never be happy about the whole package. Either the Defense makes a big stop and the Offense turns around and gives it up...or the Offense makes a play and the Defense can't stop....if its not that it's Kubiak helping the team find a way to lose.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

10-6!! haha that is awesome.

hey, stranger things have happened...
...but I gotta say you are either on drugs or you are just really high
Old 09-28-2008   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys better quit being positive. Its not safe around here right now for optimist. Doesnt matter that we just lost to a playoff team on the road in overtime. We suck! Our coach needs to be fired! All our secondary needs to be cut! Havent you been paying attention!

J/K cant wait till next week! Were going to kick ass!!!!! 13 and 3 BABY!!!!woooohooo!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #8
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
this team is 6-10 material not 10-6.

sorry to send some reality your way.
You're watching different games than the ones I've seen. The team has not been badly outplayed in the last two games. Pittsburgh was a butt whomping, but the Texans showed improvement today.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 is indeed a good prediction for next year
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
the Texans showed improvement today.
MASSIVE improvement.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you talking about the Jags?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
10-6 is indeed a good prediction for next year
LOL!

So true.

I guess we're running the table from this point on, correct?

Old 09-28-2008   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

At the beginning of the preseason, I was saying 9-7, outside shot at 10-6...
After we got our asses handed to us by Dallas and Blitzburgh, I pinned us at a borerline 7-8 win team...
but now I'm saying 8-8, outside shot at 9-7.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #14
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hard for me to see us going 10-6 with the lousy defense we're throwing out there. Richard Smith has a more likely chance of getting fired then us going 10-6, IMO.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #15
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
You're watching different games than the ones I've seen. The team has not been badly outplayed in the last two games. Pittsburgh was a butt whomping, but the Texans showed improvement today.
Of course I will welcome 10-6, but only 1-2 plays/coach's decisions make the difference b/t Ws and Ls. Our division is too good and our team is so fragile historically with injuries that I just don't see this happening..8 or 9 wins would be the most I would bet on if I were a bit optimistic/homeristic. We even have bad luck as we didn't even win a coin toss

Last edited by MEGA SWATT; 09-28-2008 at 09:25 PM.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thats my prediction. this team is starting to play some good football. reminds me of the oilers when moon got here right before we started winning. we are not getting physically beat on the field(except pitt) we just havent quite found a way to win.

3 super bowl contenders, 3 road loses. and you guys keep trying to find someone to blame. maybe find the guy who made out our schedule, start there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I agree...this team will be just fine.
Screw your courage to the sticking-place,
And we'll not fail. --MaRKbeth
Old 09-28-2008   #17
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Of course I will welcome 10-6, but only 1-2 plays/coache's decisions make the difference b/t Ws and Ls. Our division is too good and our team is so fragile historically with injuries that I just don't see this happening..8 or 9 wins would be the most I would bet on if I were a bit optimistic/homeristic. We even have bad luck as we didn't even win a coin toss
I agree. Going into the season I said that 2-3 over the first five games would be a success considering those tough road games. Mother Nature threw us a curveball, but I still think this is a decent football team with upside potential.

Once Kubiak learns game management, the Texans might start winning tough road games.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:

I dig your optimisim... but is that prediction for this year? You've got 3 more losses to give. I'm not sure about Jags (or heaven help us, Titans) as superbowl contenders. I did find it interesting that there was a highlight of the Tenn game showing AJ with 4 dropped passes in or close to the end zone, I thought it was just 2?

So, yeah - we COULD be 2-1 right now, but no team heart and no fire = 0-3.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have made the 10-5 prediction for the last 2 years. I dont think its gonna happen now. as long as our d cant freaking make a stop on third down when we need it.( this week on a 4th and 8.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I have made the 10-5 prediction for the last 2 years. I dont think its gonna happen now. as long as our d cant freaking make a stop on third down when we need it.( this week on a 4th and 8.
I'm downgrading my prediction of 7 to 9 wins this year to 6 to 8 wins after today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read