Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMeco Ryans is our best pass defender....

Faggins, Reeves, Brown, Demps.... hell even Bennett. Are you freaken serious? I knew, KNEW, that we lost that game when the jags won the toss. I have no idea how Kubes can trust these guys week in and week out.

Reeves doesn't ever try to defend the pass, all he does is run with those wrs and tackle them after every pass they catch. Notice how Garrard went to Reeves side of the field for 80% of the game. Bennett was no better when it was throw his way either. We got guys like Eugene Wilson and Antwaun Molden, but we chose to go with the lesser talents, and less effective backs in F&R. I have no idea what our DC is thinking, and I have no idea why Kubes decides to trust that guy.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans is our best pass defender....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Faggins, Reeves, Brown, Demps.... hell even Bennett. Are you freaken serious? I knew, KNEW, that we lost that game when the jags won the toss. I have no idea how Kubes can trust these guys week in and week out.

Reeves doesn't ever try to defend the pass, all he does is run with those wrs and tackle them after every pass they catch. Notice how Garrard went to Reeves side of the field for 80% of the game. Bennett was no better when it was throw his way either. We got guys like Eugene Wilson and Antwaun Molden, but we chose to go with the lesser talents, and less effective backs in F&R. I have no idea what our DC is thinking, and I have no idea why Kubes decides to trust that guy.

Ryans miss tackle in overtime was just as bad as anything the secondary did all game.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

So can Dunta come back the week after next or the week after that? We need him so bad right now.
Old 09-28-2008   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

fire our entire secondary .... and hope for the best thats what i say .......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Ryans miss tackle in overtime was just as bad as anything the secondary did all game.
Yea, I would imagine giving your all the first three quarters and not getting much help from anyone else is gonna wear you down later in the game.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
So can Dunta come back the week after next or the week after that? We need him so bad right now.
IF Dunta comes back. And IF he does, how good will he be?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #7
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree the secondary sucks but I think you're over-looking the suckiness of the DL and the LB's. As a unit, the defense SUCKS. Someone's head needs to roll and I can only hope it's the head of Dick. Smith that is. Guy is a total ass clown.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
IF Dunta comes back. And IF he does, how good will he be?
Better then the shit we got now ....... St louis and cinccy secondary is prob better then ours .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yea, I would imagine giving your all the first three quarters and not getting much help from anyone else is gonna wear you down later in the game.
Sorry thats a week excuse and I dont buy it. Demeco despite having decent stats so far hasnt exactly been playing up to his reputation. Hes been average at best.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I agree the secondary sucks but I think you're over-looking the suckiness of the DL and the LB's. As a unit, the defense SUCKS. Someone's head needs to roll and I can only hope it's the head of Dick. Smith that is. Guy is a total ass clown.
I gotta disagree a bit here. The DL was getting a ton of pressure on Garrard for the most part but he, like Schaub, was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly in many cases right before getting hit. They did let him run for crucial yardage late in the game but we have to be able to cover guys for more than a second, those slants where killing us. Not saying they played great but without going into specific breakdowns (Ryans missed tackle etc) I think the coverage was the biggest problem today.
Old 09-28-2008   #11
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

To expand on my 'finding ways to lose' in another thread...

why in games against good teams our star players never make the plays that need to be made? Andre dropping TDs, Demeco Missing big tackles, Dunta giving up a catch... actually the only guy that makes big plays in big games like this is Schaub....

Last edited by Leahmic223; 09-28-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I gotta disagree a bit here. The DL was getting a ton of pressure on Garrard for the most part but he, like Schaub, was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly in many cases right before getting hit. They did let him run for crucial yardage late in the game but we have to be able to cover guys for more than a second, those slants where killing us. Not saying they played great but without going into specific breakdowns (Ryans missed tackle etc) I think the coverage was the biggest problem today.
Okay, if you know that Garrard is a streaky QB (can bounce passes to his receivers as much as hitting them), and he is getting rid of the ball quickly, why don't you make sure that you don't lose contain on the guy? You lost contain against Kerry Collins. You get overly aggressive and lose contain on Garrard, a way better runner than Collins.

Everybody knew Garrard was going to keep running in that last drive. And they still couldn't stop it.

sigh.
Old 09-28-2008   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

so can we start asking about dunta this week? (i know he cant play this week anyway but just want a progress/expectation report)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #14
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
To expand on my 'finding ways to lose' in another thread...

why in games against good teams our star players never make the plays that need to be made? Andre dropping TDs, Demeco Missing big tackles, Dunta giving up a catch... actually the only guy that makes big plays in big games like this is Schaub....
Just quoting myself here though.... Demeco is a great player, he can't cover TEs and at the same time get the QB when he scrambles. We just need more playmakers on defense. The 2 we have right now are not enough.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read