Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2008   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This guy can't get it done

Schaub.

If he needs protection AND receivers to make catches that is unacceptable. I say we get rid of him right now. Bench his @55, bring in sage.

Where is that thread? I haven't seen it yet. Yeah, I know its only one week. But its also the only week the drops haven't been disgusting and the line has given him a place to move. He's sliding into those places and launching. In the past there hasn't been a place to slide, well other than a defender's arms.

Did anyone hear the interview with Winston on 610? It was Tues-Wedish. Basically "we've got to protect better".

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #2
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This guy can't get it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Schaub.

If he needs protection AND receivers to make catches that is unacceptable. I say we get rid of him right now. Bench his @55, bring in sage.

Where is that thread? I haven't seen it yet. Yeah, I know its only one week. But its also the only week the drops haven't been disgusting and the line has given him a place to move. He's sliding into those places and launching. In the past there hasn't been a place to slide, well other than a defender's arms.

Did anyone hear the interview with Winston on 610? It was Tues-Wedish. Basically "we've got to protect better".

Mike
Dude, Schaub played pretty well tonight. This loss wasn't on him. Not sure what Rosenfels could have done much better.

Seems like people need a scapegoat for losses but it shouldn't be Schaub today.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

M. Schaub 29/40 307yds 7.7Avg 3TD 0Int
D. Garrard 23/32 236yrds 7.4Avg 1TD 0Int
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

he played well today, d didn't step up in the second half.....if only we could have won the coin flip, i Hate the nfl overtime rules.
Old 09-28-2008   #5
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage would have won that coin-flip.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Schaub at least gets the week off from criticism. This week, it's the whole defense.
Old 09-28-2008   #7
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

What are you talking about? This is all on the D- in a close game, when you don't punt in the second half, you shouldn't lose!
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #8
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
What are you talking about? This is all on the D- in a close game, when you don't punt in the second half, you shouldn't lose!
I think you need to get that sarcasm detector checked.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
Sage would have won that coin-flip.
Aj... *plam to the face* You always pick heads AJ. Why tails, why......

I don't care if its a 50-50 ratio, head wins like 80% of the time.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell no

are O line sucks and has sucked for 6 years

and are Defense secondary sucks

u know who has to stepp up Caveman winston and freaking Rookie BROWN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. That was sarcasm. I've heard nothing but how bad he is. I keep hearing clamoring for Sage. Its no coincidence that the pass protection improves and Schaub looks like he was worth the 2 picks. I know there are those that say "The QB is responsible for playing well regardless of the situation". Chalk it up to the injury if you want, but Peyton is looking quite human this year when his OL is looking terrible. There isn't a QB in the league that consistently plays well when they have defenders in their face game in and game out. What you saw today was Schaub gain confidence behind his line, slide into protection and make excellent decisions. Now if the protection breaks down next week and he plays poorly we'll hear about how its his fault. If the protection is good and he plays bad then you have a problem with your QB. Look at the top QBs in the league. What do they have in common? Good OLs.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #12
BullsEye77
Rookie

To me it sounds like anyone can post stupid comments. How can you think that schaub did a bad job. Go root for dallas they will take any fan.
BullsEye77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsEye77 View Post
To me it sounds like anyone can post stupid comments. How can you think that schaub did a bad job. Go root for dallas they will take any fan.
I think many people think Schaub's performance was an abberation, and not what he normally does.
Old 09-28-2008   #14
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Aj... *plam to the face* You always pick heads AJ. Why tails, why......

I don't care if its a 50-50 ratio, head wins like 80% of the time.
It's like sex panther, "50% of the time, it works, every time"
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read