Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008   #121
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

Wow. I love it. They finally show a Texan game out here and the first thing I see when I turn it on is a fake punt taken in for a TD.

Awesome.

My yard is already calling to me to be cut.
Old 09-28-2008   #122
GermanTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 GermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of Famer

I just watched NFL Europe games in germany... but they played a better football than the texans on this ****in 4th down...
Old 09-28-2008   #123
RED_ROOSTER
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wow, what weak tackle attempts.

Looked like Faggins just gave up on the play, and it's the first quarter.
big time weak tackling, like half assed attempts
RED_ROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #124
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Excellent tackling by our guys on that Montel Owens TD.

"Hey, I got an idea, let's lightly push them, maybe that will cause enough force to push him onto the ground! I'd prefer not to use too much energy so I'll jog as I try to catch up to him as well. Fullproof."
Old 09-28-2008   #125
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is that we don't have enough variety in our O to do stretch plays to keep the defense honest. We end up having to stick to quick plays because we can't do a 7 step drop to throw it deep
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #126
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I could get used to this...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #127
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Wow, nobody could call a timeout or anything? Del Rio always pulls stunts like this on us.
Yes. Remember that surprise onside kick last year...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2008   #128
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Who's number 34? He just bumped into him like an *****. :/
That would be Barber. And Bennet blew a tackle on the play too. I kept waiting for a replay showing Kubiak trying to call a T.O. and the refs not see him in time.....:sigh:....no such luck.

*edit Actually, the other missed tackle was not Bennet, I thought it was until I saw the replay.....AGAIN.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-28-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #129
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I started a Kubiak Gameday Mistake Thread.

We need to start documenting these things as they happen.
Old 09-28-2008   #130
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

3rd/6...
Old 09-28-2008   #131
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
well i gotta give to del rio. we probably wouldn't have stopped that even with a time out
we would have at least had the opportunity.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #132
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm going to cry.
Old 09-28-2008   #133
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

That "incidental contact" was crap. We really needed something like that to give us a kick start
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #134
LoneStarState
Veteran

We can't tackle or extend the ball 1 yd for a 1st. Pathetic.
Old 09-28-2008   #135
brakos82
Hall of Fame

ugh...
Old 09-28-2008   #136
RED_ROOSTER
Veteran

3 and out, come on D
RED_ROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #137
GermanTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 GermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of Famer

not the special team again
Old 09-28-2008   #138
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think I'm going to cry.
You an' me both, buddy.

This is going to be a nightmare. And I was so optomistic this morning. Ugh.
Old 09-28-2008   #139
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
Wow. I love it. They finally show a Texan game out here and the first thing I see when I turn it on is a fake punt taken in for a TD.

Awesome.

My yard is already calling to me to be cut.
Not to be picky...but at what point did they fake it. Everyone exept our sideline knew it wasn't a punt.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008   #140
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i wonder when bob mcnair will realize that the true texans fans are getting tired of losing i said this two years ago.. mcnair is the problem too
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read