Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-26-2004   #1
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reggie White dead at 43

Massive heart attack. Just announced on ESPN. A very sad day in the NFL.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #2
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

God has been busy this week.

Who else are you going to kill today ? HUH? You want some of me too? I freaking dare you, I will tear down heaven.
Old 12-26-2004   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Best wishes to his family. Man, always freaks me out with young guys dying out of the blue.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #4
AndreJ
All Pro

Guy probably lost someone in his family this week and is frustrated, give em a break.
Old 12-26-2004   #5
MarleyFan
Veteran

That sucks.
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3275634
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you can't say enough about a guy like reggie white...a man who was as much a man of god as he was a man of football and his community...probably one of the very few unblockable d-lineman the game has ever seen and will ever see...a man who loved people and loved the game...we have lost a truely remarkable man today
Old 12-27-2004   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It saddens me that this keeps happening. First Derrick Thomas and now Reggie White, it seems like a curse to be a sack leader in the NFL.

I wish the best for White's family.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2004   #8
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

I think it's pretty irresponsible for ESPN to announce he died of a massive heart attack, when it was later reported he died of a respritory problem in his sleep. When you hear massive heart attack, you get a very bad picture in your head and you feel so bad for the pain he may have been in during his final minutes.

It just made me mad that they were so careless that they had to get out the cause of death, even if it wasn't confirmed
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

First and foremost, my condolences are extended to the White family.

I, too, heard that Reggie died of a massive heart attack, but also heard that he had long suffered from sleep apnea (sp?). I don't know a lot about that condition, but is is possible that over a prolonged period of time, it could lead to a heart condition? I know that some use breathing machines to assist with the condition, but not sure if the frequent interruption in breathing would lead more to an asthma like consequences, heart problems or both.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #10
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

i remember a story (HBO'S Real Sports perhaps) on retired NFL linemen & the problem of sleep apnea.

There are doctors that have studied it & claim it is a serious problem the NFL needs to address. I think it had something to do w/the tremendous amount of weight these guys have to put on from HS to PRO in order to be players.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #11
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

I do wish my deepest sympathes to the White family in their personal tragic loss. Reggie White was a helluva Football Player.

I am not looking to start a fire-storm or mock the sudden passing of Reggie White, but of all the things Reggie White is/ was a great football player. I find it very interesting that none of the following issues of been subject to further debate.

1) Reggie White was always viewed as the Ministy of Defense. But the man had given up on Christianty over 3 years ago after a tragedy in his life. The man has been viewed something as a second coming of a religious phophet, but how many people are aware that he had given up on Jesus and had turned to studying Hebrew.

2) I am sure the Asian population is completely in mourning over this man. Complete sarcasim here over Reggie's comments about Asians in front of the Wisconsin legislature. Reggie was one never to hold his tongue but as we all have heard, he made some severly racist and hurtful comments regarding all races. I would put what he said in line with what John Rocker once said.
Is everyone ready is forgive and welcome back John Rocker?

I know my comments will offend some (so I apologize to you now), but the fact of the matter is Reggie White was a helluva football player (thats all), but its getting pretty sick on how the media is worshipping this man.
shinerbock_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think whenever a famous actor, athlete, politician passes that people tend to remember the good things and that is publicized because we all want to remember good things about others rather than bad.

I do believe he apologized about his comments to the politicians and ultimately that is all one can do when one says something they'd rather have not..you apologize and move on. I don't believe that Reggie was anything but a good person based on the help he gave others less fortunate, etc. His actions speak very loudly regarding his charitable works.

I saw him play many times and he was a great football player. Always working hard, didn't take any plays off and he seemed to be well respected by his teammates and his opponents.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #13
dan7
Veteran

Arrow

....a great football player; it's a shock that he died so young (he was almost four years younger than I am right now).
Old 12-31-2004   #14
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_texas
1) Reggie White was always viewed as the Ministy of Defense. But the man had given up on Christianty over 3 years ago after a tragedy in his life. The man has been viewed something as a second coming of a religious phophet, but how many people are aware that he had given up on Jesus and had turned to studying Hebrew.
You got it 1/2 right. He didn't give up on Christianity, he was studying Hebrew so he could understand the Bible better by reading it as originally written.

Reggie White had just begun to live
TD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read