Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2008   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 8 in the box........who will survive?

It is obvious that both teams feel that stopping the run at all cost (LINK to Chronicle) will be their goal in the upcoming game.........and force the Qb into mistakes. Who will be the last man standing.........Gerrard or Schaub? At least, the Cats have a proven set of RBs, but a piecemeal OL now. The Texans have unproven "hope and a prayer" at RB and an unproven undersized "work in progress" OL. Who will be able to break through to the Qb? Who will "blink" 1st on the rush Gerrard or Schaub? Neither can afford to "play scared." If the Girls, Steelers and Tacks game is a preview of things to come, expect Schaub to close his eyes and heave........if he's not tasting the fine natural grass of Jacksonville. If this happens, will the Texans and Schaub "survive"........or will the brainchild decide to try to avoid 0-3 by calling on Sage? It promises to be more of a Sumo wrestling-like match. Who's pants will be pulled around their ankles first? The drama will unveil itself in just over 24 hours.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-27-2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: To identify link to morning Chronicle
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 8 in the box........who will survive?

You introduce programs on Celebrity Fight Night?

Oh.. btw. I think you're pretty much right, first QB to get the 'deer in headlights' look is the team to lose. Unfortunately I have a feeling that we will see this from Schaub before we see it with Gerrard. I cincerely hope that they prove me wrong!
Old 09-27-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It depends on our wideouts and the jags run game. If both of those aspects are performing then both qb's will be in much better position to make plays. Garrard can't depend on his receivers to bail him out like schaub can. On the flip side schaub doesn't have beastly running game that garrard has. However this season both of these parts of the offense has underperformed at least one game.
Old 09-27-2008   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I have a bad feeling their running game is going to kill us.
Old 09-27-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So do I.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

We shall see.
Old 09-27-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is my fear.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2008   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we knuckled up against ten in the 2nd half. if that carries over we got a chance. i think jax and indi have fallen back towards us more than we've gotten better. schaub is without a doubt the key.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Have to stop Drew and Taylor.
Old 09-27-2008   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dont see the same Schaub I saw last season .... There was one play in particular in the first two games that made me instantly think of HWWNBM .... anyone guess which one that was ?

I dont know how much of this is attributed to the change in the O-Line at Center and Left Tackle and how much of it is Lil Shanny taking over the offense and QB . Whatever the problem , it needs to get fixed LAST WEEK.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

If they do not win tomorrow then they may loose another two in a row.
Old 09-28-2008   #12
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I had Taylor or Drew on my fantasy team this week.

I hope it doesn't happen but I see them running all over us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read