Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2004   #61
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Seemed like the last possession featured only DD.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #62
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

He just hit Armstrong under a heavy rush. Does that count? I understand the criticism of Carr. But I think you're reaching on this one, Vinny.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #63
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Seemed like the last possession featured only DD.
It did seem like that because thats what happened. AJ didnt get one look that drive...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
He just hit Armstrong under a heavy rush. Does that count? I understand the criticism of Carr. But I think you're reaching on this one, Vinny.
It was just on this play. It's not like I was complaining about Carr needing to be replaced. He just misses open WR's alot still. When I see it I comment on it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #65
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

The only plays that didn't go to DD were the Carr run and the Armstrong reception. That's disturbing..................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #66
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I agree. Men coming off the sides unblocked like that force any QB to make a quick pass like he did. There was nothing else any QB could have did in that situation. Unless his name was Vick then, he could just pull the ball down and go.
Old 12-26-2004   #67
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
It did seem like that because thats what happened. AJ didnt get one look that drive...
And.......

You all think Johnson is Always open... These teams double and triple him which opens up OTHER recievers.... and the complaining starts again....
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2004   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
There was nothing else any QB could have did in that situation. Unless his name was Vick then, he could just pull the ball down and go.
Please. I've been watching football over 30 years. You can't tell me that NO QB has the ability to make plays when under duress in that type situation.

Old 12-26-2004   #69
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Gaff needs to get back there!!!!

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 12-26-2004   #70
Dime
Hall of Fame

I missed it? Moses is hurt?
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

There's your AJ look Fiddy.

Old 12-26-2004   #72
AndreJ
All Pro

Um... yes i can. The guy had 1-2 seconds the throw the ball give me a break. I dont care how longe you've been watching foot ball. Unless he breaks that tackle or something there was nothing he could do.

Dodged another bullet right there and nice pass by Carr.
Old 12-26-2004   #73
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
And.......

You all think Johnson is Always open... These teams double and triple him which opens up OTHER recievers.... and the complaining starts again....
You dont think Moss is doubled. What about Owens??? Every top notch WR is doubled. They seem to get the ball. Owens has 14 TDs and he is doubled every play...

AJ just gets a 16 yards reception...

Old 12-26-2004   #74
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

nice run by Davis...

Old 12-26-2004   #75
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!!!! What a run by DD!!!
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #76
AndreJ
All Pro

Beautiful run!
Old 12-26-2004   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Fantastic run by Domanick. Seth Wand was 20 yards downfield with second level blocks.

Old 12-26-2004   #78
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Love Aaron Glenn, but what happened to JJ Moses?
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #79
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Um... yes i can. The guy had 1-2 seconds the throw the ball give me a break. I dont care how longe you've been watching foot ball. Unless he breaks that tackle or something there was nothing he could do.
We are talking about different plays then....There was no tackle to break on the play I was talking about.

Old 12-26-2004   #80
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
You dont think Moss is doubled. What about Owens??? Every top notch WR is doubled. They seem to get the ball. Owens has 14 TDs and he is doubled every play...

AJ just gets a 16 yards reception...
Owens is not doubled every play, most of his TD's came against zone coverage. You can take a look at some tape if you don't beleive me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read