Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quiet Giant speaks

Andre Johnson is tired of losing and the Texans are getting frustrated

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Andre Johnson is tired of losing and the Houston Texans are getting frustrated after their fourth 0-2 start in the last five years.

The Texans know they've got to turn this season around -- soon.

"The time is now," Johnson said. "We're suffering some adversity right now, but guys are determined to get it turned around and I'm sure we can go out and get it turned around."

Houston lost to AFC South foe Tennessee on Sunday and faces fellow division opponents Jacksonville and Indianapolis in the next two weeks. They're hoping to improve on last season's 1-5 record in the AFC South.

Matt Schaub, who's thrown five interceptions and one touchdown this season, thinks everyone has to try to make a difference for things to improve.

"We have to have a sense of urgency this week," he said. "We can't wait for someone else to make a play or something to happen, we have to make the play ourselves. If as a group we all take that mind-set, good things will happen."

Johnson, who joined the team in its second year, endured four losing seasons before last year's 8-8 finish.

"How much losing can you take?" he asked. "It's real frustrating, but at the same time I'm willing to work through it and all the other guys here are willing to work through it."

The star receiver has been beating himself up this week after dropping a couple of passes in the loss to the Titans, including one in the end zone.
http://www.khou.com/sports/texans/st....abc921a4.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quiet Giant speaks

this is a real positive, at least now I can expect the Texans to be competitive

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good interview, but the team now needs to walk the walk.

I wonder where they got that picture of Dre in a suit. He's usually a style statement for Rocawear and such. Very casual, like me.
Old 09-26-2008   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

So why wait until week 3 when they're 0-2 to step up?
They should have felt this way in week 1.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Schaub talking about trying to make plays. I would rather he just manage the game & let the skill players like Slaton & AJ make the plays.

Matt trying to "make plays" has led him to a QB Rating in the 50s so far.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #6
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

We are going to win this weekend. We have our backfield locked with Stevie Boy and that playaction finally started opening some things up. Schaub is too timid for me as a QB, but I think he will be back to his old self this game. Last year Tennessee tore up Matty and I think he still had that in the back of his mind especially after the beating he took after Pittsburgh.

I know we are 0-2, but we played 2 of the top defenses in the league and could have played 3 if the Baltimore game wasn't cancelled. I know its hard to just say "its too early to panic" because we have been losing for so long, but we all have to believe and show confidence in our team that they can right the ship and have a winning season.

Our defense stepped up in the 2nd half last week and our running game has improved from week 1 to week 2 so things are improving lets just show support. Until we are 0-8 we can still have a winning season, and hell who knows how the playoffs will shape up. I am tired of losing just like every other Texan fan, player, coach, ball boy, etc. but we have to keep on the positive! Dont be fair-weather, LETS GO TEXANS!!!
Old 09-26-2008   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't like Schaub talking about trying to make plays. I would rather he just manage the game & let the skill players like Slaton & AJ make the plays.

Word.
Old 09-26-2008   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The star receiver has been beating himself up this week after dropping a couple of passes in the loss to the Titans, including one in the end zone.
I remember two dropped passes in the end zone, but who's counting....

Either one of those catches could have changed the course of the game. It seems when things go bad for the Texans, a lot of things go bad. You can't pin the loss on just one player or even one side of the ball. Coaches, offense, defense, they all seemed to play below their abilities against the Titans. Hopefully it was post-Ike mental meltdowns and they rectify things this week against the Jags.
Old 09-26-2008   #9
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 220 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a game of inches, however the game vs. Pitt it was a game of feet/yards. But last weekend there were a handfull of plays that were a few inches away from success. It is those plays that make the differece between a W or a L. Don't get me wrong I am a lifelong season tix holder and I am just as frustrated as the next guy (see Mario dropping back in pass coverage) but I have a feeling we will see a better prepared team and a few bounces going our way, it certainlly can't get any worse. Oh wait check that see DET, KC or St Louis. Go Texans Already. DAMN
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #10
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Well last week Aj did not make the plays. He needs to catch every ball thrown his way...especially in the endzone
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Well last week Aj did not make the plays. He needs to catch every ball thrown his way...especially in the endzone
Right on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Good interview, but the team now needs to walk the walk.

I wonder where they got that picture of Dre in a suit. He's usually a style statement for Rocawear and such. Very casual, like me.
Its better than listening to them years past saying things like, "Its a marathon, take it one game at a time, this game is just as important as all the others, no its not a must win, ect.

Sounds like they actually care this time.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Its better than listening to them years past saying things like, "Its a marathon, take it one game at a time, this game is just as important as all the others, no its not a must win, ect.

Sounds like they actually care this time.
They care because us fans are letting them know that "it's not a marathon when we lose one game at a time, and each loss is as important as all the others, and yes it is a must win game...........not only for us but for them as players and their coaches." They may all be beginning to hear the footsteps of the Turk.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
They may all be beginning to hear the footsteps of the Turk.
Dre is pobably hearing the footsteps of playing for a bad team his whole career. Picture his numbers if he played for a solid contender with multpile weapons.

I'm sure he does.
Old 09-26-2008   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

your tired of losing AJ and IM tired of watching yall lose and losing bets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57304 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"We have to have a sense of urgency this week,"
Uh, yeah, that would be a lot better than playing like your heads are in the sand like the 1st two games.

And shouldn't you have a sense of urgency EVERY week?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are not a bunch of losers. They are also not a playoff team yet. They are inbetween all that and it's frustrating as hell to the fans and the players and coachs alike.

I'm hoping all involved get collectively pissed off and beat the crap out the kittens this weekend. It is doable, ya know.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #18
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

after last week I'm not sure they can get 6 wins this year despite how much of an urgency they feel.

since I was offline last week I didn't get a chance to mention it on here, but the second play of the game last week...Daniels came down the line in motion and when the ball was snapped, he popped Vanden Bosch from the side and lais his rear on the ground. Perhaps the single best block I've ever seen a Texan get on someone. Wish we could see some more nastiness like that the coming weeks.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Texans are not a bunch of losers. They are also not a playoff team yet. They are inbetween all that and it's frustrating as hell to the fans and the players and coachs alike.

I'm hoping all involved get collectively pissed off and beat the crap out the kittens this weekend. It is doable, ya know.
If the majority of our 'acquired' players played like their jobs depended on it, then IMO, we'd have an entirely different team, and records.

It seems as though if you're a marginal player, go to Houston where your job is secure, no matter how poorly you play, or NOT play (Green et al).

IMO
Old 09-27-2008   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
after last week I'm not sure they can get 6 wins this year despite how much of an urgency they feel.

since I was offline last week I didn't get a chance to mention it on here, but the second play of the game last week...Daniels came down the line in motion and when the ball was snapped, he popped Vanden Bosch from the side and lais his rear on the ground. Perhaps the single best block I've ever seen a Texan get on someone. Wish we could see some more nastiness like that the coming weeks.

it was dreessen im sure
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read